TAOC Discussion

Don't forget Codies they hold the title for best cricket game ever with BLC 99

im sorry this might be too hard to put in the game but i was thinking like i mod similar to "garry's mod" which is for HL2 which allows you to place and models in any sort of position that would be cool as you can make covers for the game and enchance stories of it, plus would be alolt of fun. is this way to hard"?

legend_master said:
Also doing batsman idles anims as well - this includes practice strokes, standing still, looking around, padding down the pitch, taking guard etc.
I was hoping this feature would be included in the game. Great news!

nightprowler10 said:
I was hoping this feature would be included in the game. Great news!

Have now completed aforementioned animations - looking really good, too, if i do say so myself ;) :D :p

Just in addition to the taking guard thing, when a new batsman first comes out to bat you will be able to choose which line and length you wish him to stand (within set radius to avoid ridiculous unrealistic standings) i.e. he can take guard properly - this customised guard will then be remembered all throughout his innings (still undecided whether to allow guard to be changed between overs or not - i guess it should be allowed).

I understand this will be hard to do, but is it planned to have certain batsmen work better at a certain guard cos that wud be very cool

legend_master said:
(still undecided whether to allow guard to be changed between overs or not - i guess it should be allowed).

Obvious, It sholud be allowed to change guard.
Suppose, the fielding captain sets a predominantly off side field midway in the game, then some batsmen , to improvise , choose a off stump guard.

Sachin takes a leg stump guard, in fact he shows all three stumps, simply because his initial movement is to take his front foot forward.Hence Leg stump guard allows him to have additional width with front foot in line of middle stump.

Speaking of initial movement, Will this be a feature of the game?
Would add a lot of stratigic depth

manee said:
I understand this will be hard to do, but is it planned to have certain batsmen work better at a certain guard cos that wud be very cool

wasn't planned but i can consider it ;)

blackleopard92 said:
Obvious, It sholud be allowed to change guard.
Suppose, the fielding captain sets a predominantly off side field midway in the game, then some batsmen , to improvise , choose a off stump guard.

Sachin takes a leg stump guard, in fact he shows all three stumps, simply because his initial movement is to take his front foot forward.Hence Leg stump guard allows him to have additional width with front foot in line of middle stump.

Speaking of initial movement, Will this be a feature of the game?
Would add a lot of stratigic depth

yeah, i agree...can you explain in more detail what you mean by 'initial movement'?

Regarding the allowing of gaurds to be changed, I feel something like that is not completely necessary in the original version of the game. Little things like that shouldn't delay the release of the game. They can be added on to some patch later on, IMO.

nightprowler10 said:
Regarding the allowing of gaurds to be changed, I feel something like that is not completely necessary in the original version of the game. Little things like that shouldn't delay the release of the game. They can be added on to some patch later on, IMO.

that's ok mate, it's not something that would delay the release at all...it would be like an hour's work at most ;)

legend_master said:
that's ok mate, it's not something that would delay the release at all...it would be like an hour's work at most ;)
That's an hour sooner I can have the game. ;) Just kidding.

legend_master said:
yeah, i agree...can you explain in more detail what you mean by 'initial movement'?
Very long and intectually simulating.Bear with me :cool: :cool:
Initial movement is a something of invoulantry action, its instinctive nature of batsmen.It is something which is developed as the batsmen progress through their career.i.e from the time they first touch the bat to current levels.

It is observed when the ball is just going to be bowled.

It usually occurs due to the phemomen of adaptation (up, Darwin's theory in cricket :) )

Some forms which u can observe are:
1.Front foot forward movement.
Most common, particularly in striker batsmen.They shift there body weight to front foot and go into cover drive mode.Allowing them to play fluent, powererful coverdrives even when the ball is not in slot.

Weakness: Prone to LPW by incomming balls, short balls and other balls which require them to play on back foot.
Biggest exponent: Ganguly (lead to his demise).

2.Back foot movement :

Similar to front foot, but weight shits to back foot to play cross batting shots with ease(like pull, sometimes over mid on)
Weakness:Full pitched balls. Edging balls to slips.
Biggest exponent: None in particular.

3.across movement:

Another major movement. The front foot goes across the the body with toe pointing towards covers(differs with Front foot farward as front foot to still points towards bowler).you can recognise them by their tendency to fall as they flick leg stump balls.
Gives super Cover drives.
Weakness:Anything aimed at stumps, slightly short of lenght.Incomming balls.A bouncer or 2 to soften them up.
Biggest exponent:I don't rember some.But Gautam Ghambir does come in my mind.Used to fall on every incomming ball. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread