TAOC Discussion

Personally, I think this is a great move...as soon as a person gets a game they play with international teams, and only later (about the time needed to create a domestic patch) will they turn to county and state teams

if there is a patch for domestic season imo it would be better if it was added on to the international teams rather than replaced them

andy82 said:
if there is a patch for domestic season imo it would be better if it was added on to the international teams rather than replaced them
Thats what it will be, the game is being designed to be easily expandable and updateable.

Does any one know what pitches are being made for TCP? Because Ive reached there in the commentary line writing

Thanks

Manee

I've a TCP question. I am sure this has been answered before so I am saying sorry in advance!

Will TCP be made available freely or is to going to be a paid product? If its the latter, how will you account for the licenses of all the companies whose adverts/pitchmats/other graphics you're making, not to talk of the players who are contracted to their respective boards, and by extension to the ICC? Stretching the argument further, have any of the developers actually sought legal opinion on these matters?

Ritwik said:
I've a TCP question. I am sure this has been answered before so I am saying sorry in advance!

Will TCP be made available freely or is to going to be a paid product? If its the latter, how will you account for the licenses of all the companies whose adverts/pitchmats/other graphics you're making, not to talk of the players who are contracted to their respective boards, and by extension to the ICC? Stretching the argument further, have any of the developers actually sought legal opinion on these matters?

AAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
:D

And yeah, It has been asked so many times that LM should now make a seperate thread for this info only.
I put all the knowledge I know about the game.

Two models are being thought about.
1.Donation system
2.Paid system

In the donation system, we would not have to worry for all the licenses issues.the game would be distributed free , and those who think that this is a cool product, would be urged to donate to this community.
In the paid system, we would ask for a small price.
As for licensing, we would do what BLC did.simply randomise things and put up a patch for correcting it.:D

However, it can be free too, but so much hard work make it a diff proposition.
More info can only be give by LM.

(I think I should start a thread about it)

Last edited:
In case the developers are considering releasing graphics featuring "fake" companies - why do the screenshots released so far prominently feature the Pepsi logo for example? Doesn't make a hell lot of sense making something twice.

my question was not really about payment - but only to highlight the point that the price of the game would determine what sort of company logos and player names could be used or not used, as the case maybe.

Ritwik said:

Read the FAQ, its slightly dated but will answer most of ur questions...it was posted a while ago on this sub forum.

Its good to have such a respected Admin on the TCP wagon...please dont leave :cool:

Ritwik said:
In case the developers are considering releasing graphics featuring "fake" companies - why do the screenshots released so far prominently feature the Pepsi logo for example? Doesn't make a hell lot of sense making something twice.

my question was not really about payment - but only to highlight the point that the price of the game would determine what sort of company logos and player names could be used or not used, as the case maybe.

you didn't get it.
The original game will come with all TCP thingys .
But a unofficial patch would also be made avalible featuring the content y see.

Ritwik said:

Currently the game is looking like being free...but that may change as time progresses. And much like Codies did, if the game is going to be sold, "unofficial" patches will be released with adboards, names and the like

jk16_4 said:
try uploading it on planetcricket itself..

A very good suggestion.

blackleopard92 said:
you didn't get it.
The original game will come with all TCP thingys .
But a unofficial patch would also be made avalible featuring the content y see.

I must admit that sort of ingenuity was not what I had expected :), you see: usually unofficial patches are made by fans of the game and not the developers themselves, but this is neat :p

Users who are viewing this thread