TAOC Discussion

I have also returned to work. Still have an exam on Wednesday though, so after that I will really be able to increase my work rate.

Nice to hear about all the progress of late - Keep up the good work guys

Roll on the 01/09/09

The big announcement from TAOC team on 01/09/09 will be

"THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!"

:rtfl:clap:clap:happy:hpraise:hpraise

The big announcement from TAOC team on 01/09/09 will be

"THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!"

:rtfl:clap:clap:happy:hpraise:hpraise

DAMN !! you almost broke the suspense *****,so close yet so far.

its actually "Thanks for your CONTINUOUS Support!!" :rtfl:clap:clap:happy:hpraise:hpraise

ashes cricket 2009

just thought i'll share my views on the ashes cricket 2009 game..the game environment has a great look and feel to it with impressive graphics but its flawed in more ways that one. i found that the commentary is out of sync - doesn't represent actual occurrences, unable to save custom field settings, no career mode, streamlined bowling actions, AI on LBW decisions are extremely dodgy, no net practice i could go on...

here's what i did like thought, something you guys might wanna adopt if you find that it fits..

catches - in slow motion you get a ring around the ball in red, orange and green. depending on the players fielding skills the colour toggles in a certain speed. i.e if the player is great at fielding the toggling between the colour is slower. so if its red and you go for the catch you miss it, orange would mean you may or may not catch it and with green you definitely catch it. this system will get you thinking about which fielders to place where if you get what i mean..

batting - choice of choosing if you want to play a front foot stroke or back foot.

i'll come back with more updates later. i figured i should give you guys this update so TAOC can be the best cricket game ever with nothing missed

keep up the great work!

just thought i'll share my views on the ashes cricket 2009 game..the game environment has a great look and feel to it with impressive graphics but its flawed in more ways that one. i found that the commentary is out of sync - doesn't represent actual occurrences, unable to save custom field settings, no career mode, streamlined bowling actions, AI on LBW decisions are extremely dodgy, no net practice i could go on...

here's what i did like thought, something you guys might wanna adopt if you find that it fits..

catches - in slow motion you get a ring around the ball in red, orange and green. depending on the players fielding skills the colour toggles in a certain speed. i.e if the player is great at fielding the toggling between the colour is slower. so if its red and you go for the catch you miss it, orange would mean you may or may not catch it and with green you definitely catch it. this system will get you thinking about which fielders to place where if you get what i mean..

batting - choice of choosing if you want to play a front foot stroke or back foot.

i'll come back with more updates later. i figured i should give you guys this update so TAOC can be the best cricket game ever with nothing missed

keep up the great work!

This game will be good in its own genre if it releases. So comparison's or expectations shouldn't be really high.
One thing I made sure of about AC2009 is that I didn't expected a lot from it and I was truly surprised about so many things they got it right this time. Of course its not perfect and no game ever will be. If you want true simulation then go outside and play real cricket. Don't expect the same in virtual world

"If you want true simulation then go outside and play real cricket. Don't expect the same in virtual world" - Quite possibly the most sensible thing anyone has said on here!

Can't wait for the big announcement fellas!

This game will be good in its own genre if it releases. So comparison's or expectations shouldn't be really high.
One thing I made sure of about AC2009 is that I didn't expected a lot from it and I was truly surprised about so many things they got it right this time. Of course its not perfect and no game ever will be. If you want true simulation then go outside and play real cricket. Don't expect the same in virtual world

TAOC should be good. i don't doubt that, i can deduce that based on what i've been reading but i was merely capturing the shortcomings of AC2009 so that if an opportunity exists to avoid the pitfalls the transmissions team made then it should be considered don't you think?

no game is perfect but it doesn't mean you don't aim for perfection.

i was wondering if you guys are aware of the cricket captain series?

If nothing else, please decrease the amount of premeditation that we find in Ashes Cricket. And the right time to play a shot should be when the ball is right under the batsman's, not as its leaving the bowlers hand. Blargh.

You kind of make me feel insulted to be honest, although this is the TAOC section, it doesnt mean we only look at this. I can gurantee 95% of people in this forum already know whats wrong with Ashes cricket and with cricket captain! Its the same forum.
The amazing LM and JK have spent nearly 4 years on this, they play Ashes cricket and know all about every cricket game released, you make me feel that i sit on a pc all day refreshing the TAOC section!

Users who are viewing this thread