TAOC Discussion

Legend_Master, I truly appreciate your great efforts to makes what seems to be a great cricket game including, or is going to include all the real factors which make cricket so exciting. But I have one question. Approximately how much mb or gb will this game be, by the time you've released it? Or what do you think? Also, how many players are there to choose from when selecting an 18 man or a 12,14,, 15 or 16 man squad?

Ive always wanted to be a commentator lol. My accents a little mixed between Aus, Eng, and US though, so thats not a great help eh? But still, Id love to do some commentary for the game, when the time comes around.

Perhaps:

You know how commentators often ask for a particular stat to be brought up, with the commentary, perhaps you could have them do this occasionally, ask the statistician to find something, and then bring it up on screen and they thank the guy, that sort of thing would be good, really lend to commentary authenticity.

(I realise that this is a long way down the track though)

This really is looking great guys. Brilliant that most of the shots have been done already keep it up!!

I came up with this idea yesterday evening. It brings in another range of buttons that will make cutscenes more exciting.
There's a cutscene going on, and you press a button (say F1) to bring up the scorecard. Then you press it again and it goes. Press another button (F2) and the Wagon Wheel comes up. You know what I mean.

here are some more of my suggestions :-

when the ball beats the bat.. the bowler stares at the batsmen / does some verbal action. in, short some aggression which is seen quite often in modern cricket ;) this IMO is a must as an addition.

when a spinner bowls a cool delivery, the keeper should chant something like "bowlng mate". "oh, nice one mate":) This hasnt been implemented till now and would be really cool.

when a new batsmen comes to the crease.. his profile picture along with his stats like highest, no. of ODI's, AVG etc if shown would be nice :)

please do implement D/N Matches with proper effects and visuals. also, if there are D/N Matches in the subcontinent, the DEW Factor should come into play under floodlights due to which the gripping of the ball would be difficult.

different stances for different type of batsmen.. for e.g an openers stance should be like tendulkars / ponting's while a tailenders stance should be a bit weird like Mcgrath :D

also, the tailenders while batting should look more towards slogging.also, if possible their shot styles can be made different so that Mcgrath's shots wont look like ponting's :p

more comin soon....

jk16_4 said:
here are some more of my suggestions :-

when the ball beats the bat.. the bowler stares at the batsmen / does some verbal action. in, short some aggression which is seen quite often in modern cricket ;) this IMO is a must as an addition.
And compulsory addition for Andre Nel's bowling. ;) ;) :) Just kidding

Guys, I've recorded sum Indian Sub-Continent style commentary with the accent and everyfing. I'm British-born with Indian origins, so I don't think anyone should take any offence with my accents considering an Indian made it (I have an Indian passport). The accent can also be used for Bangladeshi, Pakistani and/or Sri Lankan commentators. This is a very small bunch of voice clips though, and it's nothing like the real one. I've just included a few short voice clips to do with bowling and batting.

This is by no means what I hope to submit for the cricket project. It's just a beta, and I would like legend master to have a listen to it and let me know what he wants me to speak about and whether my accent is too strong or too weak. I would also love to get other peoples reactions. Please try not to laugh. It's hilarious, so it's worth a download anyway. Oh ye, one more thing: I read earlier on, on this thread that someone wanted to hear a variety of sounds when the ball hits the bat. Well, I've recorded 5 different sounds (I think..) to do with the ball hitting the bat, with the use of my own cricket bat and cricket ball. You'll have to forgive me for the "Applause" sound, as I know its very poor, but I thought why not include some comedy in there. Also, please forgive the distortions sometimes present. I will expect a list with all of the problems and suggestions and I'll improve on them.

I've given the file a password so that only people from these forums and the cricket project forums can download it. It's in .zip format, is 17,499KB. All the audio is in wave format, and should be able to be played on Windows Media player. I think that there are around 54 different sounds. Hope you enjoy them! Please leave your comments, and scroll down when you get to the URL underneath and click "Free" to proceed to the download screen.

PASSWORD : thecricketproject

Download Link

Last edited:
1 thing that i would like to see in this game is, batsman taking different guards. i.e. sachin tendulkar asking for leg stump, while chandrapaul asking for middle stump.

also different player should have different stance. such as sachin tendulkar standing straight and chandrapaul standing bit side way while he is waiting for a bowler roger towse had such a unique side way stance, that will make this game more authentic and realistic. all the other games have same stance for each and every player.

a cut scene might show batsman asking for a drink or his glove would make it much more better.

more to come.......

Last edited:
srk121 said:
1 thing that i would like to see in this game is, batsman taking different guards. i.e. sachin tendulkar asking for leg stump, while chandrapaul asking for middle stump.
Or even better, let the player choose which stump to take guard on after analysing the pitch and line of the bowler.

koolkarts said:
I've posted this aswell on the List of guys helping thread:

Guys, I've recorded sum Indian Sub-Continent style commentary with the accent and everyfing. I'm British-born with Indian origins, so I don't think anyone should take any offence with my accents considering an Indian made it (I have an Indian passport). The accent can also be used for Bangladeshi, Pakistani and/or Sri Lankan commentators. This is a very small bunch of voice clips though, and it's nothing like the real one. I've just included a few short voice clips to do with bowling and batting.

This is by no means what I hope to submit for the cricket project. It's just a beta, and I would like legend master to have a listen to it and let me know what he wants me to speak about and whether my accent is too strong or too weak. I would also love to get other peoples reactions. Please try not to laugh. It's hilarious, so it's worth a download anyway. Oh ye, one more thing: I read earlier on, on this thread that someone wanted to hear a variety of sounds when the ball hits the bat. Well, I've recorded 5 different sounds (I think..) to do with the ball hitting the bat, with the use of my own cricket bat and cricket ball. You'll have to forgive me for the "Applause" sound, as I know its very poor, but I thought why not include some comedy in there. Also, please forgive the distortions sometimes present. I will expect a list with all of the problems and suggestions and I'll improve on them.

I've given the file a password so that only people from these forums and the cricket project forums can download it. It's in .zip format, is 17,499KB. All the audio is in wave format, and should be able to be played on Windows Media player. I think that there are around 54 different sounds. Hope you enjoy them! Please leave your comments, and scroll down when you get to the URL underneath and click "Free" to proceed to the download screen.

Download Link
It looks like I will have a rightful parter sitting next to me in 'The Cricket Project' commentary box now. Brilliant. ;)
Great work. I'm really proud of you. :)

SkateBoarder said:
Or even better, let the player choose which stump to take guard on after analysing the pitch and line of the bowler.

Yes i think this is a even better idea. KEEP IT UP L.M.

koolkarts said:

Download Link
Great stuff. The "Music" one is funny lol.:laugh :laugh + reps for the man guys.

Users who are viewing this thread