TAOC Discussion

If the game is free im pretty sure it is legal to use real names/grounds.
If your not making any money by using there names/grounds there is no need to buy a license.
A license is purchased so that the players/grounds get some money since its their names/grounds that are helping the games company make money.

Donations are legal.
They dont know what we are donating for.
We got the game for free.
We could be donating to help pay website costs etc.

@Sman - hmm...if you're right, then that is cool, but i would love to get 100% legal confirmation on this - i have heard and read so many differing reports/opinions on the matter and it's too dangerous to assume anything without the facts

LM

Though remuneration is quite a serious and important topic, I'm sure many here, including myself, would be willing to part with some money to ensure that this project is successful. Freeware is nice, but quality is even nicer.

Yes, Paul, you are perfectly on the point. If you are not planning to release it as an open project, then, you need to get all the licensing and stuff done, which is too expensive to be possible.

The best idea (if you are releasing it with your copyright) is to release a barebones game and charge a minimum fee (those wishing to pay more can also 'donate' later - which I am sure a lot of 'real' cricket fans will, after they play the game!). If it is cheaper than BLIC and Cricket 2005, and if a HUGE game patch is already 'unofficially' available, there will be a huge amount of takers all around the globe, even outside PlanetCricket. Word of mouth marketing is the fastest I have ever seen in the online business.

Plus, since the game is huge, you can charge for the distribution - for the CDs and Shipping.

But all these are pretty far away, but you don't have to worry about making some (enough) money with it when it is released.

So everyone, let's close this topic with this, and concentrate more on getting the game right. It is already a success. No doubt about that.

Stan.

Last edited:
Well said, Stan the man...i concur.... :clap

indeed, let's close that topic and get back to the real priority here, the game ;)

update * edges are almost complete - inside and outside - this weekend hope to get more animations done and running between the wickets.

LM

dle_rulez said:
Will There Be A Demo For This Cricket Project Thingy?

Yes there will most likely be a demo. the project has to go quite a lot of procedures to reach at a stage where L.M. would able to release a demo. so have peitience some time we will see a demo which is worth to play.

Last edited:
legend_master said:
Well said, Stan the man...i concur.... :clap

indeed, let's close that topic and get back to the real priority here, the game ;)

update * edges are almost complete - inside and outside - this weekend hope to get more animations done and running between the wickets.

LM
oh! Thanks for closing this topic Paul.
There is no need to talk about it at this point of time.We have to travel a long way to get to that point guys. :upray

WOw this game is really starting to look good

anyways will there be a video coming out soon

homer_simpson said:
WOw this game is really starting to look good

anyways will there be a video coming out soon

yes, video will be coming out soon. although dont expect any video before
January end

i decided to test some higher graphics settings (even tho my card is just average) - Here's a pic with Antialiasing (2x) and anistropic filtering on (2x)....looks much much better i think you'll agree ;)

enjoy

LM

Attachments

• TCP 2006-01-03 00-15-52-45.jpg
    TCP 2006-01-03 00-15-52-45.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 138
legend_master said:
i decided to test some higher graphics settings (even tho my card is just average) - Here's a pic with Antialiasing (2x) and anistropic filtering on (2x)....looks much much better i think you'll agree ;)

enjoy

LM

Sure looks good. Would look even better when the batsman's forearms get a bit more muscle.

Stan.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread