TAOC Discussion

Great update LM. Looks like the game is going to be ready to play in no time.

Will there a paddle sweep in the game??

Im not discounting adding more strokes/animations later on, but currently there is only the normal sweep, reverse sweep and slog sweep.

LM

hi LM i want to contrbute to this game should i make bats for this game like 2008 and how will i add them in toac

Hey
Have been viewing this forum for ages, but only found the need to really ask something now.(by the way i think what you have done so far is amazing, and a real inspiration)
Will there be a speed measure on the game? as that is something i enjoy a lot in cricket games. And if so, will the fast speeds, like 100mph, be REALLY difficult to get. I dont like how i could consistently bowl 100 odd with akhtar on Blic.

I just have to say. Mate you actually are a LEGEND. The determination this must take is phenomenal.

If you need a commentator, I can do a very good Mark Nicholas impression ;)

If you need a commentator, I can do a very good Mark Nicholas impression ;)

That's easy. Pretend to be a complete toff, and say inane things like "Crack-a-jack!", "The man. The moment", "Cor...just...whoah, cor."

Anyway, LM, I have got lots of work to do in the near future so won't be able to get any more cricket sounds to you for a while, but will get on it as soon as I can.

Hey
Have been viewing this forum for ages, but only found the need to really ask something now.(by the way i think what you have done so far is amazing, and a real inspiration)
Will there be a speed measure on the game? as that is something i enjoy a lot in cricket games. And if so, will the fast speeds, like 100mph, be REALLY difficult to get. I dont like how i could consistently bowl 100 odd with akhtar on Blic.

Tbh, hadn't planned one, but wouldn't be too hard to create. It wont be a case of consistently bowling 100 odd, there will be a measured scale behind the scenes that will mean if you strive for max pace, you have a chance to get up there, but depends on stamina and stats and randomness whether you do. But you should always be up around you average speed. So Akhtar would always be fast, but wouldn't reach max speed all the time.

LM

What do you mean pretend

:spy

lol

That's easy. Pretend to be a complete toff, and say inane things like "Crack-a-jack!", "The man. The moment", "Cor...just...whoah, cor."

Anyway, LM, I have got lots of work to do in the near future so won't be able to get any more cricket sounds to you for a while, but will get on it as soon as I can.

All good, Lazy, no worries, take your time...what you gave me already is great.

cheers :cheers

Last edited:
hi LM i want to contrbute to this game should i make bats for this game like 2008 and how will i add them in toac

there's a freeze on bats and stuff at the moment...but dont worry there'll be plenty of time for that later... ;)

Tbh, hadn't planned one, but wouldn't be too hard to create. It wont be a case of consistently bowling 100 odd, there will be a measured scale behind the scenes that will mean if you strive for max pace, you have a chance to get up there, but depends on stamina and stats and randomness whether you do. But you should always be up around you average speed. So Akhtar would always be fast, but wouldn't reach max speed all the time.

LM

lol

All good, Lazy, no worries, take your time...what you gave me already is great.

cheers :cheers

Ok but so we got a button for slower bowl then...

I'll make a new pace list when I have some free time.

Here are the Aussies.

Maximum

McGrath - 135kph (Mostly between 125-130. Effort ball is 130+)
Lee - 155kph (Mostly between 145-150. Effort ball is 150+)
Tait - 160kph (Mostly between 145-155. Effort ball is 155+
Johnson - 150kph (Mostly between 145-150.)
Watson - 140kph
Clark - 135-140kph

I don't really know the spinners

That last post reminds me...if there is to be a "speed gun" and what not, can there be an option for having it in MPH as well as KPH?

Also, any chance you could divulge your equations for the ball slowing through the air during delivery, slowing off the pitch, etc., LM? There is a good chance I can do some calculations from DVD footage in order to give you the correct values for coefficient of restitution, friction, etc.

That last post reminds me...if there is to be a "speed gun" and what not, can there be an option for having it in MPH as well as KPH?
No reason not to have MPH (despite the fact it is a backwards system and should have been obsoleted decades ago), it is very simple math/coding to change it over.

Users who are viewing this thread