The Ashes (Australia tour of England)

Who will take the urn in the 2019 Ashes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Any time you will have to bat for survival he will fail imo, don't think he has the patience to play a 50 off 150 odd deliveries to save a test match.
I think Benedict pulled a stat that he's never batted more than three hours as a professional cricketer.

That's not especially promising for a Test batsman.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I feel like if the pitch at Lord's is grassy like everyone says it will be. Starc/Hazlewood has to come in to replace Pattinson. We definitely have to look at Pattinson's workload as well because he is the most prone to injuries in the squad. They all bowled extremely well but I think Siddle will play at Lord's and Starc will probably come in. It's just very difficult to leave out Pattinson/Siddle after their efforts in the 1st game. Hazlewood executes a grassy wicket much better than Starc imho but selectors probably want a left armer.

My XI for Lords if the pitch is similar to the game that England played against Ireland

Warner
Bancroft
Khawaja
Smith
Head
Wade
Paine
Cummins
Siddle
Lyon
Hazlewood

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Dawid Malan anybody? Gary Ballance?
I think the Australian bowlers would be licking their lips at the prospect of bowling to Gary Ballance. Malan did well down under. But, as always seems to the be the problem this time of year, even players in form won't have played red ball cricket for a month by the time the second test comes around. That being said, several of the batsman hadn't played any red ball cricket this summer until the Ireland test (Buttler and Stokes the Edgbaston test I think).

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
There's not much difference between the batting of the two if we exclude Smith. Guy is a beast. One of the greatest batsman of all time.

If England wants to win the next game their batting has to step up

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This may sound ridiculous but I think Wade should not be a part of the playing XI. He should come in only if one of the batsmen get injured. I say this inspite of him scoring a match-defining brilliant century.

The reason for that is that I feel he has reached a peak as far as his performance in this series goes and I think he will not be able to replicate it again.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
This may sound ridiculous but I think Wade should not be a part of the playing XI. He should come in only if one of the batsmen get injured. I say this inspite of him scoring a match-defining brilliant century.

The reason for that is that I feel he has reached a peak as far as his performance in this series goes and I think he will not be able to replicate it again.
In that case I believe that Steve Smith should also be dropped because he's probably also not going to score 140+ in both innings of any more of the Tests this series. Probably.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In that case I believe that Steve Smith should also be dropped because he's probably also not going to score 140+ in both innings of any more of the Tests this series. Probably.
Yup! The comparison is spot on!

Willoughby63

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
Mumbai Indians
RCB...
Sydney Sixers
Profile Flag
England
I feel like if the pitch at Lord's is grassy like everyone says it will be. Starc/Hazlewood has to come in to replace Pattinson. We definitely have to look at Pattinson's workload as well because he is the most prone to injuries in the squad. They all bowled extremely well but I think Siddle will play at Lord's and Starc will probably come in. It's just very difficult to leave out Pattinson/Siddle after their efforts in the 1st game. Hazlewood executes a grassy wicket much better than Starc imho but selectors probably want a left armer.

My XI for Lords if the pitch is similar to the game that England played against Ireland

Warner
Bancroft
Khawaja
Smith
Head
Wade
Paine
Cummins
Siddle
Lyon
Hazlewood
I wouldn’t mind if Smith happened to get a minor injury, ruling him out of the match after he scores around 20 in the first innings, allowing England a chance of winning[DOUBLEPOST=1565124067][/DOUBLEPOST]
Dawid Malan anybody? Gary Ballance?
Malan is a good shout tbf

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I think if we lose at Lords you might see some wholesale changes. I'd be intrigued to see a line up like this -

Burns
Sibley
Root
Roy
Buttler
Stokes
Foakes
Woakes
Broad
Archer
Leach

Going North

Club Cricketer
I think if we lose at Lords you might see some wholesale changes. I'd be intrigued to see a line up like this -

Burns
Sibley
Root
Roy
Buttler
Stokes
Foakes
Woakes
Broad
Archer
Leach
Foakes should there only player in Cricket international with man of match ODI and same in test
As debutant[DOUBLEPOST=1565246436][/DOUBLEPOST]Aus reached 255 for 5 declared vs Worce than Haze took 2 wickets.

Head hits unbeaten 100.
Bancroft 33 & Uzzie 57

Users who are viewing this thread