Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Australia-New Zealand

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Australia-South Africa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa-England

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think it is best to keep this thread to country rivals, rather than player rivals. Otherwise we will end up in one very confusing pile of washing! Feel free to open a player rivalries thread.

Ahaha, McGrath vs Sarwan was great - McGrath got what he deserved, if he wants to give crap, he has to learn to take it.

And he really was giving Sarwan alot of crap...

are you serious? Sarwan took a shot at McGrath's wife who was recovering (or being treated for?) cancer at the time, he was WAY over the line in terms of sledging.

are you serious? Sarwan took a shot at McGrath's wife who was recovering (or being treated for?) cancer at the time, he was WAY over the line in terms of sledging.
Hold up.

I doubt Sarwan even knew his wife had cancer, that is point A - very debatable.

Secondly, it was McGrath who started it. He asked Sarwan how Lara's d**k tasted. Sarwan replied he should ask his wife.

Now please tell me, how that has anything to do with cancer. That sounds like something you'd say to a colleague at work (as a joke)

Honestly, if McGrath was giving crap, he should have been ready to take it. If Sarwan started it, then I can see your point.

I can garauntee that they all knew about it, it was a VERY public issue, if we knew about it here, they knew about it.

The fact Sarwan brought McGrath's wife into the sledging is where he crosses the line. McGrath has taken crap many times before, clearly this one offended him personally, the footage makes this very obvious.

Thats what anger is. You don't analyze or think what you are gonna say if someone insults you. You just speak what comes to mind. Mcgrath called Sarwan gay(indirectly). Thats personal. And so both of their words were equally entertaining.:p

England V Australia in test cricket (Ashes. No more explanation needed)
NZ V Australia in ODI cricket (CH series each year and the Aussies haven't had the best record, always good games. Plus being neighbors it adds a bit)
India V Pakistan in anything(I think we all know about this one)

England Vs Australia
West Indies Vs Australia (Everybody will write Lara off if he is not in form and he will score a big hundred or a double hundred against Mcgrath and Lee's bowling- Epic)
Any strong side Vs The full strength Aussie side (The side before the recent retirements).

Traditionally, England-Australia and India-Pakistan should be the strongest.

However, competitively it seems that India-Australia has been the strongest one since the 2000's.

Thats what anger is. You don't analyze or think what you are gonna say if someone insults you. You just speak what comes to mind. Mcgrath called Sarwan gay(indirectly). Thats personal. And so both of their words were equally entertaining.:p

Of course. Talking about how that tasted (ewww, I even shudder to think abt those words!) was very very personal, AND MCGRATH DESERVED THAT REPLY FROM SARWAN (I consider it a CLASSIC reply!)

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Traditionally, England-Australia and India-Pakistan should be the strongest.

However, competitively it seems that India-Australia has been the strongest one since the 2000's.

Yeah, right now its INDIA VS AUSTRALIA which is the best rivalry

No, it will forever be Australia and England from a fans perspective. I dont think Indians understand that the general Australian cricket fan doesnt give a damn about India.

Plus England and Australia is a rivalry of sportsmanship, take the 2005 ashes for example.

There are a lot of rivalries, but India/Australia usually produces very good hype and a very passionate atmosphere. Although they can get a little dirty...

No, it will forever be Australia and England from a fans perspective. I dont think Indians understand that the general Australian cricket fan doesnt give a damn about India.

Plus England and Australia is a rivalry of sportsmanship, take the 2005 ashes for example.

After seeing the 2006 Ashes and 2007 Border-Gavaskar Trophy and by hearing players comments I can openly say that you're wrong

To be fair, I haven't seen a single Australian fan who claims to have a bigger rivalry with India than England. Perhaps, it's just wishful thinking on India's part...

Users who are viewing this thread