The End Of Australian Dominance?

Is it offically over now? As of 30th December 2008?

• Total voters
Cricket_god said:
System polishes the talent no system produces talent mate its just hype about australian system.It is going to be still hard top beat australia at home but away they are going to stuggle big time specially in sub continent.

I agree, but to be honest we've found it hard to win in the subcontinent even with McGrath and Warne. Pakistan will be tough at home if they can get all their players together....otherwise I think we will prosper on their tracks. Sri Lanka will be the toughest because they are playing good cricket...India however I'd back us to sweep them home or away. In warne we lose someone who didn't succeed in india, in McGrath we have Clark. Since India are nowhere near as good as they were 5 years ago when we were 99% on our way to pumping them, nor a couple of years ago when we did pump them, I can't see anything but a whitewash.

But so what if we drop the odd series in the subcontinent? There isn't another team in world cricket (besides perhaps Sri Lanka who will also lose key players in Vaas and Jayasuria in the coming years) who can play anywhere but in their own backyard - you need to win away series to climb up the ICC ladder. We should still win enough home and away series to sit comfortably on top.

Of course we're going to struggle in the sub continent whats new there? Steve Waugh's great team couldn't even manage to crack the sub continent. Only just recently we have had success in the sub continent.

aditya123 said:
Actually, India did dominate that series.
You`ve got to look beyond results sometimes.

In the last test match at Sydney, India scored 705/5 dec although on a very flat deck and also had the option of enforcing the follow-on .
Thy were in fact reeling at the end of Day 3 and only a great Katich knock saved them.
Even in the II innings, it was Katich and `Tugga` Waugh who did the rescue act.
Had it not ben for some aweful umpiring by Mr.Bucknor and some poor keeping by Patel, India should have wrapped it up.

However, I do believe that the Aussies will not fall down dramatically.
The gap betwen other sides and Australia will get narrow but they have the structure to still produce class players like Hussey,Clarke ,Clark......

But whether they`ll find a replacement for Warne or McGrath , Iam not sure .

Spot on India dominated the Sydney and i think they dominated Melbourne ( could be wrong ) . Mcgragth is Clark, Warne we might have to go with the lieks of Hauritz or cullen

Cullen, Hauritz, etc are nowhere near Warne. Apart from MacGil all their first-class averages are either 40+ or pushing 40.

Clark will have allot to prove once McGrath has retired and it'll be interesting if he can maintain his form. While I don't think we'll see much more of Brett Lee in the future and he'll shortly be replaced by Shaun Tait, which may not be such a bad thing.

ofcourse Hauritiz and Cullen aren't as good as warne, but no one apart from Murli is better than Warne, we just need to look long term and for a decent spinner

Hauritz has got a long way to go before getting back into the Aussie squad. I still see him as an ODI bowler and his last Pura cup game didn't change that opinion. But if he can get back into the side he will be another handy lower order batter. Johnson himself looks to be handy with the bat as well.

aussie1st said:
Hauritz has got a long way to go before getting back into the Aussie squad. I still see him as an ODI bowler and his last Pura cup game didn't change that opinion. But if he can get back into the side he will be another handy lower order batter. Johnson himself looks to be handy with the bat as well.
Yes, Hauritz should be Hoggs replacment in the ODI's

symonds_sixes said:
I watched it live. Maybe if you watched it live you'd know what I mean.

Then test you eyes mate

valvolux said:
I agree, but to be honest we've found it hard to win in the subcontinent even with McGrath and Warne. Pakistan will be tough at home if they can get all their players together....otherwise I think we will prosper on their tracks. Sri Lanka will be the toughest because they are playing good cricket...India however I'd back us to sweep them home or away. In warne we lose someone who didn't succeed in india, in McGrath we have Clark. Since India are nowhere near as good as they were 5 years ago when we were 99% on our way to pumping them, nor a couple of years ago when we did pump them, I can't see anything but a whitewash.

But so what if we drop the odd series in the subcontinent? There isn't another team in world cricket (besides perhaps Sri Lanka who will also lose key players in Vaas and Jayasuria in the coming years) who can play anywhere but in their own backyard - you need to win away series to climb up the ICC ladder. We should still win enough home and away series to sit comfortably on top.

I think you are foolish enough to state that australia can white wash india at home which is near immpossible even the steve waughs mighty australian team was hammered in india do not post stupid thoughts as its shows your cricketing knowledge.Australians struggle against spin if indians prepare turning tracks australia would lose 3-0 which is possible .

Last edited:
Feelin Blue? said:
ofcourse Hauritiz and Cullen aren't as good as warne, but no one apart from Murli is better than Warne, we just need to look long term and for a decent spinner

Yeah but stats like that don't even warrant a Test-Match cap, perhaps ODI is a different story but surely not for Test Matches, their more like part-timers stats. Nothing threatening.

And Murali isn't better then Warne.

Cricket_god said:
I think you are foolish enough to state that australia can white wash india at home which is near immpossible even the steve waughs mighty australian team was hammered in india do not post stupid thoughts as its shows your cricketing knowledge

So? The English side touring Australia now is better then the one that toured Australia 3 or so years ago and the Australian side is weaker but yet the side in 2002/03 didn't win 5-0 but it's a fair assumption that the 2006/07 side may win 5-0.

Wasn't like Australia were out of their comfort zone in that series either. One great partnership saved youse.

Cricket_god said:
Then test you eyes mate
I got my licence on November 24th, had em tested, 20/20, check yours.

Feelin Blue? said:
Murali isn't better than Warne :eek:

wfdu_ben91 said:
Yeah but stats like that don't even warrant a Test-Match cap, perhaps ODI is a different story but surely not for Test Matches, their more like part-timers stats. Nothing threatening.

And Murali isn't better then Warne.

So? The English side touring Australia now is better then the one that toured Australia 3 or so years ago and the Australian side is weaker but yet the side in 2002/03 didn't win 5-0 but it's a fair assumption that the 2006/07 side may win 5-0.

Wasn't like Australia were out of their comfort zone in that series either. One great partnership saved youse.

Another foolish comment come on mate please read my previous post to know the context in which i am saying.It takes teams time to develop england may be lose 5-0 but they have youngsters as they were in 2003 who developed so the next ashes who knows.One great patnership is all it takes as you said its a matter of confidence nothing else.

symonds_sixes said:
I got my licence on November 24th, had em tested, 20/20, check yours.

Then get your mind tested i do not think you understand cricket india dominated almost 3 tests and even on 1 day at mcg watch the tapes mate

Last edited:
Cricket_god said:
Then get your mind tested i do not think you understand cricket india dominated almost 3 tests and even on 1 day at mcg watch the tapes mate

Can we move on from the petty insults please chaps.

warne is much better than murali

take out both players wickets against bangladesh and zimbabwe and you will see who the better bowler is stats wise by a mile

Users who are viewing this thread