The End Of Australian Dominance?

Is it offically over now? As of 30th December 2008?

• Total voters
aus5892 said:
Cricket-God and Spin, of course it will have an impact, no one is denying it (no one who is mentally stable) but we have the talent to back it up. We have some really good young pacemen waiting for a call-up, Tait and Johnson will be the ready made call-ups for the moment, and we have some young spinners, plus MacGill who should at least cover us while the youngsters are improving. It will hurt, but not to the extent we will not bowl out teams and will fall like the West Indies did when all of their legends retired.

Australia is one of the best producers of sportsmen in the world, which is why we perform well at sports we don't even follow, look at the socceroos, soccer has never been a big sport here but we still were one contentious decision away from forcing the World Cup winners into extra time.

We will just have to wait and see mate, it is still far too premature to say that the Aussies will mainly just lose and draw matches but one thing for certain is that they will find it much more difficult to pick up 20 wickets every match with the absense of Warne especially. Australia will play I think Sri Lanka first up next season (who have improved in test matches in recent times) and against the Indians who are the best players against spin in the world and have world class players such as Tendulkar, Laxman, Dravid, Ganguly, Sehwag (despite his poor form), Dhoni and Yuvraj. So we have to wait till then to decide how the new Australian bowlers perform.

Ponting_14 said:
So do you think it's fair that he can bash my country and not even tell me his? If someone came up to you and started bashing your football club, would you not ask and want to know his team? It's only fair, is it not?

Calm down mate, it's just sport and everyone are entitled to their own opinion despite some opinions that are not justified appropriately. I reckon he's just hyped up because he feels the prospect of the absense of McGrath and Warne will closen the gap between Australia and the rest of the world which is good so we will actually see more competetive games. For example rugby in recent times is in a recession, the All Blacks win game after game and games in Australia, Sth. Africa and some other nations are never sold out anymore.

Last edited:
Feelin Blue? said:
Also look on your left hand side were they have avatars and it will say there national teams. ;)

Oh now you tell me this
rolleyes.gif
Oh wait can it be? cricket_god does not have anyone in his national team avatar? Or is it just that I am the only one who can't see it?
rolleyes.gif

Buy the way did you even look at his avatars before posting that?
rolleyes.gif

Ponting_14 said:
Oh now you tell me this
rolleyes.gif
Oh wait can it be? cricket_god does not have anyone in his national team avatar? Or is it just that I am the only one who can't see it?
rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif

My teams Australia,India,england,south africa,pakistan,srilanka,new zealand,
bangladesh,zimbabwe,namibia,U.S.A,and every other cricket playing nation as i am the cricket_god :D

aus5892 said:
Cricket-God and Spin, of course it will have an impact, no one is denying it (no one who is mentally stable) but we have the talent to back it up. We have some really good young pacemen waiting for a call-up, Tait and Johnson will be the ready made call-ups for the moment, and we have some young spinners, plus MacGill who should at least cover us while the youngsters are improving. It will hurt, but not to the extent we will not bowl out teams and will fall like the West Indies did when all of their legends retired.

Australia is one of the best producers of sportsmen in the world, which is why we perform well at sports we don't even follow, look at the socceroos, soccer has never been a big sport here but we still were one contentious decision away from forcing the World Cup winners into extra time.

I agree they have good back-up but it will take time for the youngsters to mature and it could have been great if some body experienced was there to guide these bowlers like mcgrath.

Ponting_14 said:
So do you think it's fair that he can bash my country and not even tell me his? If someone came up to you and started bashing your football club, would you not ask and want to know his team? It's only fair, is it not?

Go back and read the thread again. I don't think anyone is naive enough to think that losing Warne and McGrath is not going to have a big impact. It will, but to start a thread (even tho he knows nothing about it) saying "The End Of Australian Dominance?" and start saying that we'll mostly have draws or losses from now is a joke. He shows that he is very much clueless on this so Im not sure why he made the thread. He even says he knows nothing or even watchs the australian domestic cricket, lol I mean what a joke
rolleyes.gif

Come on mate i was not bashing australia i was just telling the facts and experience of watching cricket for 10 years .Australia were dominant all over
the world which is not good for any sport so its better australia come downto a competitive level as other teams will never reach the australian level;.also if i hurt you sorry mate.

Ponting_14 said:
Oh now you tell me this
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif
thought you were talking about Gambino before and he has one.

Cricket_god said:
Come on mate i was not bashing australia i was just telling the facts and experience of watching cricket for 10 years .Australia were dominant all over
the world which is not good for any sport so its better australia come downto a competitive level as other teams will never reach the australian level;.also if i hurt you sorry mate.
I agree, it will be hard to get our heads around it when we lose more matches, not saying we wont win its just that Warne takes about 2-5 wickets most innings, and Mcgrag 1-3 so thats about 6 wickets in an innings, but its gonna make it better to watch.

Cricket_god said:
My teams Australia,India,england,south africa,pakistan,srilanka,new zealand,
bangladesh,zimbabwe,namibia,U.S.A,and every other cricket playing nation as i am the cricket_god :D

haha I liked it that you have put "ALL" in your National Team & Domestic Team avatars
grin.gif

Cricket_god said:
the world which is not good for any sport so its better australia come downto a competitive level as other teams will never reach the australian level;.also if i hurt you sorry mate

Sorry if I seem to go over the top there. I did not mean it. Yes this will be better for the cricket world.

Feelin Blue? said:
thought you were talking about Gambino before and he has one.

That's fine. No big deal.

Ponting_14 said:
haha I liked it that you have put "ALL" in your National Team & Domestic Team avatars
grin.gif

Sorry if I seem to go over the top there. I did not mean it. Yes this will be better for the cricket world.

That's fine. No big deal.

Are you going to the stadium to watch the boxing day match .

Aussies will struggle a bit, while Tait, Johnson, Watto and the two Cullens find their feet, but should still be a force to reckon with by the next Ashes.

kodos said:
We will just have to wait and see mate, it is still far too premature to say that the Aussies will mainly just lose and draw matches but one thing for certain is that they will find it much more difficult to pick up 20 wickets every match with the absense of Warne especially. Australia will play I think Sri Lanka first up next season (who have improved in test matches in recent times) and against the Indians who are the best players against spin in the world and have world class players such as Tendulkar, Laxman, Dravid, Ganguly, Sehwag (despite his poor form), Dhoni and Yuvraj. So we have to wait till then to decide how the new Australian bowlers perform.
Mate you speak of them as if they're gods, India aren't that great I'd be more interested against Pakistan or South Africa or even England, and it is our pace attack who seem ready not our spinning department for the challenge. I don't rate India that highly, they are decent but are in the middle bracket of teams, not the top. And don't tell me they beat South Africa because I know that, but I still don't think they are better than them.

aus5892 said:
Mate you speak of them as if they're gods, India aren't that great I'd be more interested against Pakistan or South Africa or even England, and it is our pace attack who seem ready not our spinning department for the challenge. I don't rate India that highly, they are decent but are in the middle bracket of teams, not the top. And don't tell me they beat South Africa because I know that, but I still don't think they are better than them.

Mate india have been a good test side even australia have struggled against them home and away with their batting line up and a decent bowling line up they are a good team.It is going to be a true test of Young australian bowlers.What makes you say give some reasons.i think in the last 2 years they have only lost to pakistan 1-0 that too the test they should have easily won

Last edited:
dtrain said:
Cullen Bailey is who he means I'm pretty sure.
Yup. Said to be a very good leggie. Not the Warnie class yet, but has potential to be pretty damn good.

aus5892 said:

I'd be speaking them as if they are gods if I actually did support India which I do not. India are a middle bracket team?? They are coming in at 4 and are only 1 point behind Pakistan. If they are to beat SA in this test series then they most likely will move to 3rd spot. After SA's recent test performances I'd certainly rate the Indians ahead of them. What do you mean by "our pace attack are ready for the challenge and not our spinning department", the last time they came here both the spinners and seamers struggled. Also your statement that the spinners are not ready for the challenge, well I am sure that Warne and MacGill have always been ready for the challenge, it's just that the Indians have handled them well while other nations have struggled against them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread