The End Of Australian Dominance?

Is it offically over now? As of 30th December 2008?

• Total voters
Cricket God said:
They will surely lose to south africa just 5 points in odis and may be england or india in test championship.The main thing is after gilly and others like hussey and pointing are gone will they fall below bangladesh?

He said it :p

And puddleduck, clear your PM inbox!

Well he didn't actually say that's what he thought, as it was a question, silly nonetheless.

Cricket_god said:
that answer was expected .If people saw that series against india in 2003 people would know what is life with out warne or mcgrath and what they were to australia.West indies were also at the top for many years but they came down with australia having a better domestic circuit might not come down to that level but will sure feel what it is to be tenth best.
That series wasn't just without McGrath and Warne, there were injury problems for Lee and Gillespie, too. Gillespie left the field in the fourth innings of the second test and missed the next match. Somewhat luckily, Lee was available, however it was his first game in a couple of months and he struggled for impact. Nevertheless, he gave a good account of himself and Australia won that match.

Australia was just unable to field a exceptionally organised attack, which showed necessary considering how batsman oriented the series proved, with 400+ totals abounding and double hundreds scored in every match but the first. Otherwise decent bowlers from either side were pushed to the limit, the veteran Kumble being the only player to average under 30 (and only by a fraction) for the series. Although it was a perculiar 4 match series, it would probably have been a crime if either side had won.

Now I'm not crazy, I know we're going to miss the fighting qualities and unerring consistency from two champions. However, I don't feel as if we have nothing to fill the gaps. There will be young players with new qualities. Tait, Johnson and Hilfenhaus are names that are often used in cricketing conversations in Australia. Will one of them make a name for himself? The raw paced slinger? The once-in-a-generation left armer? Perhaps the tricky swinger from Tassie?

Definitely not Kaspa as we have enough young talent that deserve a go over him. Dizzy is younger by a bit so if he finds his devastating form I would have him but only if he finds it. That would mean finding that extra yard of pace for mind as he doesn't look the same without it.

It is sad to say but this might be good for international cricket in a way
as now there will be more competition and not just one team which is head and shoulders above the rest

aussie1st said:
Definitely not Kaspa as we have enough young talent that deserve a go over him. Dizzy is younger by a bit so if he finds his devastating form I would have him but only if he finds it. That would mean finding that extra yard of pace for mind as he doesn't look the same without it.

He was looking good in bangladesh

gambino said:
i wanna see gillespie and kaspa come back
I wanna see Lille and Border come back, and also Bradman. But if we're talking about other countries I wanna see Phil Tufnell back he's a legend and he's really young too

gambino said:
Is this the End of the Aussie dominance in world cricket?
With Warne and Mcgrath retiring,australia will find it hard to bowl sides out unless jason gillespie and kasprowicz find their old form,

I think that they will win some matches but it will mostly be draws or losses

More draws cos of the power of their batting but who knows maybe the remainder of Dads Army might follow their lead,

i said this a couple of weeks ago when martyn retired that others will follow him very soon

Did you even do any kind of research before posting this thread?

By you putting up those names (gillespie and kasprowicz) it just shows you know nothing about what you are talking about.

I hope you do better next time :rtfl

Cricket_god said:
Those who say australia are not going to fell the impact of shane warne and other players retiring are fools or just scared to accept it.Like any other
thing any thing that goes up has to come down one day.Reading that article on fox sports which is bit of bullshit .Australia struggled to bowl out india in 2003 when mcgrath and warne were not there at home still there was gillespie in good form.Now with brett lee who is a average bowler in tests,
battery of young fast bowlers with out experience and with no body to guide them and no world class spinner australia are going to come rocking down to earth.I heard australia A are The second best side The guy who said this might be wearing his underwear on his head while the top end series was going on.

Hey cricket_god,

Who do you follow? I see you happened to leave it out when you were bashing Australia.

Ponting_14 said:
Did you even do any kind of research before posting this thread?

By you putting up those names (gillespie and kasprowicz) it just shows you know nothing about what you are talking about.

I hope you do better next time :rtfl

Hey cricket_god,

Who do you follow? I see you happened to leave it out when you were bashing Australia.

Can you actually post your opinion instead of bashing other members please?

I actually agree with some of what Cricket_god is saying, if people don't think this is going to have an impact then they are a little naive. Replacing 2 of the best bowlers of all-time will be very hard

Although this will definatley dent the Australian camp severly, it should not affect their dominance at a whole. They have so much bench strenghth in the likes of McGill, Hogg, Clark, Johnson (omg).

But lets all hope that it becomes easier for the rest of us. :)

The Spin said:

I actually agree with some of what Cricket_god is saying, if people don't think this is going to have an impact then they are a little naive. Replacing 2 of the best bowlers of all-time will be very hard
Cricket-God and Spin, of course it will have an impact, no one is denying it (no one who is mentally stable) but we have the talent to back it up. We have some really good young pacemen waiting for a call-up, Tait and Johnson will be the ready made call-ups for the moment, and we have some young spinners, plus MacGill who should at least cover us while the youngsters are improving. It will hurt, but not to the extent we will not bowl out teams and will fall like the West Indies did when all of their legends retired.

Australia is one of the best producers of sportsmen in the world, which is why we perform well at sports we don't even follow, look at the socceroos, soccer has never been a big sport here but we still were one contentious decision away from forcing the World Cup winners into extra time.

last time i saw tait he was getting tonked in the 2005 ashes.if he hasn't improved then there is problems.

The Spin said:

So do you think it's fair that he can bash my country and not even tell me his? If someone came up to you and started bashing your football club, would you not ask and want to know his team? It's only fair, is it not?

The Spin said:

Go back and read the thread again. I don't think anyone is naive enough to think that losing Warne and McGrath is not going to have a big impact. It will, but to start a thread (even tho he knows nothing about it) saying "The End Of Australian Dominance?" and start saying that we'll mostly have draws or losses from now is a joke. He shows that he is very much clueless on this so Im not sure why he made the thread. He even says he knows nothing or even watchs the australian domestic cricket, lol I mean what a joke
rolleyes.gif

Ponting_14 said:
So do you think it's fair that he can bash my country and not even tell me his? If someone came up to you and started bashing your football club, would you not ask and want to know his team? It's only fair, is it not?
He was posting his opinion then you come back way to strong, not with an opionon. Also look on your left hand side were they have avatars and it will say there national teams. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread