The End Of Australian Dominance?

Is it offically over now? As of 30th December 2008?

• Total voters
Cricket_god said:
Ponting struggles in india big time he is a failure in india

Ponting struggles in india big time he is a failure in india and you cannot win with one batsman and clarke when he played in india no body knew about his strenghts or weakness so its going to be difficultfor him too and my reply was to a guy who told that australia can white wash india at home.

Ponting in India
in India 8 14 0 172 60 18 16 12.28 0 1 3
That goes (Matches, Innings, N.Out, Runs, High Score 1, HS2, Hs3, average, 100s, 50s, ducks.

3rd time lucky perhaps for Punter then? The next tour of India will be his best chance to succeed as hes at the peak of his powers right now.

Ponting's in his prime now. I think for sure that he'll be more successful on his next tour of India and I'm sure Hayden would love another crack at dismantling the Indian bowling lineup. ;)

Punter is good enough to do well in india....Clarke is probably up there with KP as the best players of spin. Hayden can play it...I think Haddin is a very good player of spin if Gilly bows out before, although he's always good for at least one ton in india anyway. Would've been nice to have Marto there as he's a sub continent expert...but we do have Huss, of course Mr Cricket can play spin. Actually, I think they're all pretty good at spin - i mean they all get to face Warnie day in day out in the nets.

We prepared better for India last time, as opposed to 01/02.....the toughest part about the indian tour is not the cricket, it's the culture shock. We send all of our acadamy players to the sub continent these days as often as we can to get them use to touring the sub continent. We spend up big on player luxury when they get over there and try and make the stay as homely as possible. After that it's just hot sweaty days on great batting wickets. If they aren't great batting wickets they are generally suiting our seamers. If we can limit the Turbinator to under 8 wickets a test we should be ok.

wfdu_ben91 said:
Ponting's in his prime now. I think for sure that he'll be more successful on his next tour of India and I'm sure Hayden would love another crack at dismantling the Indian bowling lineup. ;)
hopefully he retires before then!

Australia's next tour to India is a while from now, if I'm not mistaken. That Indian line-up will probably not have the likes of Tendulkar and Kumble, so we will probably be redeveloping. We will probably have Piyush Chawla drafted in, who was dominating the Under-19s(/21s perhaps) for a while. As for Sachin, I think there are enough batsmen missing out on the middle order that we won't have a new one in, unless he is remarkable.

The one this year is just ODI no test, our next tour of India is 09 (our next series after the Ashes.) So we might have MacGill come that tour, Hayden highly unlikely.

i remember seeing some fixtures to like 2014 and is ay we tour India in October 07 in 7 ODIS, then October 08 is when we play them in 4 tests over there, a year before the ashes i think

The Aussie tour of India is generally a few months prior to the Ashes.

It was so in 2001 and 2004

Not this time it seems. Here is what cricinfo has:
2009 Jul-Sep AWAY v England *tbc(ODI) *tbc(test)
2009/10 Oct AWAY v India *tbc *tbc

We have home test against India at the end of this year so obviously the away series will be a bit further away.

oh bugger...i thought we were playing them in tests (away) at the end of this year.

valvolux said:
oh bugger...i thought we were playing them in tests (away) at the end of this year.

We wouldn't go to India in December ;)
I reckon our schedule works for us in a way cause we get to play at home. If we had to play our first test without Warne/McGrath in India it would have been a real tough ask on the new guys.

Users who are viewing this thread