The End Of Australian Dominance?

Is it offically over now? As of 30th December 2008?

• Total voters
Johnson needs to bowl fuller and develop a ball that swings into the batsman properly, otherwise, he'll be carted square.

Tait is very tempermental and needs to figure what length or line he's going to bowl instead of throwing it around and hoping that works.

Tait is very tempermental and needs to figure what length or line he's going to bowl instead of throwing it around and hoping that works.

In my opinion, Tait will never be successful in Tests if his job is to come on, bowl 150kph for a few overs and get a wicket. Test wickets are too valuable for captains to assume that you can blast one. The West Indian four pace attacks always had four generally brilliant bowlers (with the exception of one or two over a period of 20 years); in practice, I don't think you can combine four good bowlers and get a great four man attack out of it.

Tait needs to become a more rounded bowler to succeed at Test level. This should involve bowling longer spells which have more balls on a consistent line (on or just outside off stump). I think the best bowler who Tait could idol his line and length on could be Waqar Younis, a similar wicket taking bowler (great Test strike rate) but a much less expensive one.

Are you saying that Lee isn't completely dominating at the moment and is only good because of his partners?
No. I read his post and it seemed he was saying Tait looked awful because he isn't coming into the attack off of a McGrath-Warne assault.

Johnson needs to stop bowling outside off-stump 60% of the time.

Last edited:
Writing him off like that is stupid. He obviously has a bright future in the Aussie team but needs to sit in domestic cricket for a bit and work on his bowling.

I think he's ok - i'd still ike to see Hilfy in for a crack, cause he's about as good a swing bowler as we have in the country. But it's amazing what conclusions we are jumping to after a single poor performance...i still think our bowling lineup is a lot better than indias and pretty much any attack in the world, minus maybe a fully fit england, a little mroe confidence and we could blastt the indians out. We are looking at a pretty dam old indian side though...sachin, dravid, ganguly, laxman, kumble....all only have a few years left in the game at most...hardly a team that can build a dynasty like that aussies from here....it seems that the media think that 1 consecutive win is all that is needed to be called a dynasty. crikey.

i dont know what the australia are bad now talk is all about. it was just 1 test match. go australia they will fight and hopefully get the win next test.

Just noticed Johnson now has a higher batting average than Don Bradman! Of course he's scored 99 runs all up so expect that to slip next time he bats.

On Hilfy he really needed to be given a go at the start of the summer, probably even through the 20/20 WC. He was at his peak there, seems to have dipped a bit now.

Hilfenhaus is too out of form to be picked now. There are quite a few ahead of him right now.

Bollinger and Noffke FTW!!!

Does anyone know how Watson is bowling? He seems to be batting pretty well so maybe we could play with him as an extra bowler?

Bollinger and Noffke FTW!!!

Does anyone know how Watson is bowling? He seems to be batting pretty well so maybe we could play with him as an extra bowler?
Honestly, I pray every night that the selectors don't ever think that way again. If he's in the side as a batsman, fine, but not as an all-rounder. He can not bowl!

Honestly, I pray every night that the selectors don't ever think that way again. If he's in the side as a batsman, fine, but not as an all-rounder. He can not bowl!

Haha, oh yeh I remember when the Cricket Australia were nuts about getting a all-rounder cause Flintoff killed us in the Ashes.

Turned out well....!:rolleyes: lol

Which is exactly my point. If you want someone who is like Flintoff, a batting all-rounder is practically the opposite. Ashley Noffke would be our closest at the moment.

Right now, Australian domination will not end. But it is slowly getting loose and IT MAY END AFTER 6/7 years. They still have class bowlers like Johnson,Clark etc and a strong batting department. But when players like Gilchrist,Ponting,Hayden,Hussey etc will retire, Australia will suffer severely.

Right now, Australian domination will not end. But it is slowly getting loose and IT MAY END AFTER 6/7 years. They still have class bowlers like Johnson,Clark etc and a strong batting department. But when players like Gilchrist,Ponting,Hayden,Hussey etc will retire, Australia will suffer severely.

You cannot perdict what will happen in 6-7 years. They might still be as dominate as they are now or they could be among the rest of the teams.

Users who are viewing this thread