The End Of Australian Dominance?

Is it offically over now? As of 30th December 2008?

• Total voters
Lol.

England won this last year as well, now look at them. I predict a dark future for India, i rate them just above canada. :D

Haha! I love you type of Pakistani/Indian supporters. Aus lose one match or two and our dominance is over. Lets look at the bigger picture then shall we?

No more Gilchrist to give us blazing starts? Ever heard of a hard-hitting New South Welshman called Brad Haddin? He is better then Gilchrist is now. He is going to tear attacks to shreads and keep better then Gilly. Brad Hogg did nothin since the WC07 and we haven't really needed his spin this series, so no major loss there.

So you're saying that Haddin is just going to replace Gilchrist just like that and you won't miss him?

You have got to be joking, Haddin isn't half the player Gilchrist can be, to me.

So you're saying that Haddin is just going to replace Gilchrist just like that and you won't miss him?

You have got to be joking, Haddin isn't half the player Gilchrist can be, to me.

We will miss Gilly, but missing him will not give us what we want . Haddin is the man now . Gilly era with CA is sadly over same with Hogga . We have to look forward to thsoe players who will take us on top .

hmm we only just came off almost white washing india in india an because u won the 2 finals here(how many times u win the other matches in series?) its the end of our dominance and India is the new king ahahahahahahahaha

Its great for cricket to see the aussies finally challenged though.

India played great and were extremely well captained and deserved to win the finals.
Well done.

Sour sour grapes.

Being completely outplayed twice in your own backyard after being such a machine like team tells me there is something changing, I don't care whether you don't want to admit to it.

So, by this theory, Aussie dominance ended a year ago when we beat them in the CB final. Yeah, right.

Well next time South Africa will be there.And i hope they beat the hell out of Australia.

hmm we only just came off almost white washing india in india an because u won the 2 finals here(how many times u win the other matches in series?) its the end of our dominance and India is the new king ahahahahahahahaha

Its great for cricket to see the aussies finally challenged though.

India played great and were extremely well captained and deserved to win the finals.
Well done.
I am waiting for Pakistan tour.And i hope Shoaib,Asif and Gul are fit.:p

Haha! I love you type of Pakistani/Indian supporters. Aus lose one match or two and our dominance is over. Lets look at the bigger picture then shall we?

No more Gilchrist to give us blazing starts? Ever heard of a hard-hitting New South Welshman called Brad Haddin? He is better then Gilchrist is now. He is going to tear attacks to shreads and keep better then Gilly. Brad Hogg did nothin since the WC07 and we haven't really needed his spin this series, so no major loss there.

Yeah today Gilchrist played his last international match.And tonight Brad Haddin will get some supernatural powers so that he can tear attacks.He is not even 40% of what gilly is.

Last edited:
Lol.

England won this last year as well, now look at them. I predict a dark future for India, i rate them just above canada. :D

England have done very well in one day internationals since winning the Commonwealth Bank series. They just lost 1-2 to the West Indies, they beat India 4-3, they beat Sri Lanka 3-2 on tour and just lost 1-3 to New Zealand.

Gambino,

At least we've dominated the sport for as long as we have, something your country will never do. Have a peak over at our trophy cabinet and you'll see what l mean. :cool:

Just remember this...

l've seen my country win 3 World Cups.

How many have you seen mate?

What side dressing would you like to eat those words with if Pakistan suddenly becomes a worldbeating side? Or if any other side does for that matter.

I would recommend the white wine, it goes well with nibbling on the finer, fattier bits of hubris. In the game of cricket there are never any certainties. As of now, I think it may be a little too soon to say Australia are really out of it. Winning or drawing a test series in Australia still is worth quite a bit.

Last edited:
Of course their dominance isn't over. They're just not going to be as ridiculously unbeatable as they were before. They've lost some fantastic players and they'll be a bit more fallable from now on.

IMO Aussies will stay at the top for no longer then 2 years, ofcorse Pakistan to be there.. nah I think South Africans can be world champs now.

Lol.

How can you rate the Canada world number two team???:p
You must be joking!!!:D

How can you rate the Canada world number two team???:p
You must be joking!!!:D
Glad you got the joke! Australia will not be as dominant as it has been. I see it more as Australia will struggle in Test matches away from home. One day matches are still fairly much an even bet. 20/20's are a guess and that's one of the reasons they are so watchable; anyone can win a slog fest.:)

Hogg was handy but I never had faith in him to get wickets when needed. Hauritz has been decent enough in keeping pressure maintained and taking the odd wicket.

Gilly will be missed but he hasn't been anywhere near consistent as he was a few years back. 30 off 15 balls ain't giving you much we have a player right now that can do that. Haddin if he carries his State form can convert that 30 in 100s.

Users who are viewing this thread