The End Of Australian Dominance?

Is it offically over now? As of 30th December 2008?

• Total voters
I feel that the golden period of Australian cricket has come to an end with the retirements of the Waugh's, Warne, McGrath and Gilchrist (I dont add Langer coz I rate him a good player, not a great player). During this golden era, they were not only unbeatable but looked invincible.

Now they will look much more beatable, and who knows, they will be among the top teams in the world instead of being THE TOP TEAM IN THE WORLD. They will not fall to the levels that West indies have fallen (since their terrific days of the 80's). Australia will remain a top side, but will be among the top sides instead of being the only top side.

Ya Well said Sai..I won't say they are no more World Champions.means they are But now you can see several teams giving fight to Aussis..They have been on the top from long time but the new players which gonna replace Aussis legends need time..I thought that after McGrath B Lee is good enough to take care.But we have seen in CB series that despite of good bowling he was not able to take wickets at key moment..If McGrath would have been in the team,he would have never allowed Sachin to go after Aussis.(please don't remind me Saharja,because on other days 10 times McGrath got Sachin in Crucial matches including World cup Final).

I'm not buying this 'The new Indian team will become the new dominant team in world cricket' because if it wasn't for Tendulkar then I dunno if India would've won a game on this tour and really his bound to retire at the same time as Hayden and most likely before Ponting does. Not only did he make runs himself but he had a major influence on the batsman who he batted with.

In several years India might be the top team in the world but not in the not so distant future.

I'm not buying this 'The new Indian team will become the new dominant team in world cricket' because if it wasn't for Tendulkar then I dunno if India would've won a game on this tour and really his bound to retire at the same time as Hayden and most likely before Ponting does. Not only did he make runs himself but he had a major influence on the batsman who he batted with.

In several years India might be the top team in the world but not in the not so distant future.

Its been a long time since Sachin contributed so much to an Indian victory. If you notice India's victories in recent times, most of the time Sachin fails. And he wasnt even there in the Twenty20 cup which we won. I am also confident that by the time he decides to retire, the current team would have settled down well (many of the new players would be having like 40-50 matches under their belt). He wont retire probably until 2010 and by that time, the Indian machine should be pretty much well oiled.

India is not the new dominant force in world cricket. But they are among the top teams in world cricket - tests, ODI's and Twenty20. In tests, we are number two. In ODI's, we have just beaten the World Champions. In Twenty20, we are the WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

So did England last year..It means nothing.

Ya My friend.I already have wrote that Aussis are still world champion..Don't read me wrong..Read My other post also..
And I don't think India will be future dominant team because without Sachin India would have lost by 2-0...:)
And don't try to create war between us..i don't fight..:p:D
My moto:Spread love.thats the only way you receive the love.Enjoy Bro..:cheers

So did England last year..It means nothing.

England havent done much after it. The same way, it will depend on the direction in which India go. But its a big thing for the Indian fans, and you got to live up with it. They will enjoy it more because all this is totally unexpected for them. We have been so hurt and hardened by the losses, that even when a victory is impending against such opposition, we will expect India to lose with even one ball to spare. All these celebrations in recent times are slowly softening the indian team's hardness that had accumulated with all the bitterness seen by the fans from the team.

For me

Phil Jaques
Shane Watson/James Hopes
Ricky Ponting (c)
Michael Clarke
Andrew Symonds
Michael Hussey
Brad Haddin (wk)
Nathan Hauritz
Brett Lee
Nathan Bracken
Ben Hilfenhaus

Thornely is struggling to keep his spot in NSW so won't even come close to playing for Aus.
I hate to say it, but I wouldn't actually mind Watson up the top of the order there. Hopes I think is a good bowler, but not good enough to warrant a lower order spot at the expense of a pure player, and his batting isn't good enough to be opening. Opening is crucial for us and we need players who can give us a good start or the middle order is put under the pump.

Ya My friend.I already have wrote that Aussis are still world champion..Don't read me wrong..Read My other post also..
And I don't think India will be future dominant team because without Sachin India would have lost by 2-0...:)
And don't try to create war between us..i don't fight..:p:D
My moto:Spread love.thats the only way you receive the love.Enjoy Bro..:cheers

What the hell? You are the craziest person I've ever seen on here.

You said "ya it's already ended, India beat Australia at home". Just because India won a series over Australia doesn't mean Australia aren't the best team in the world still. Look at England last year, they won... and Australia went on to compile a flawless victory in the World cup, the asshats.

And no, I'm not trying to fight you. I'm telling you that what you said in the previous post was completely wrong, which you seem to agree with.

I feel that the golden period of Australian cricket has come to an end with the retirements of the Waugh's, Warne, McGrath and Gilchrist (I dont add Langer coz I rate him a good player, not a great player). During this golden era, they were not only unbeatable but looked invincible.

Now they will look much more beatable, and who knows, they will be among the top teams in the world instead of being THE TOP TEAM IN THE WORLD. They will not fall to the levels that West indies have fallen (since their terrific days of the 80's). Australia will remain a top side, but will be among the top sides instead of being the only top side.
I think that this sums it up. It's not all over for Australia, but the world will suddenly look a lot more interesting in terms of competition.

They will enjoy it more because all this is totally unexpected for them.

Rubbish. England got beaten 5-0 in one of the most important series of all time, then lost every single game they played against Australia until the finals came along. You think they expected that more so than what the Indian fans did? Haha, nothing was more unexpected than England winning the CB series last year.

Hell, I even predicted that India would win the finals I couldn't even imagine in my wildest dreams that England would win.

What the hell? You are the craziest person I've ever seen on here.

You said "ya it's already ended, India beat Australia at home". Just because India won a series over Australia doesn't mean Australia aren't the best team in the world still. Look at England last year, they won... and Australia went on to compile a flawless victory in the World cup, the asshats.

And no, I'm not trying to fight you. I'm telling you that what you said in the previous post was completely wrong, which you seem to agree with.

Hes less crazy than you. Stop living in past. Just becoz they won World Cup undefeated does not count for anything in future. England were mauled throughout the summer by Australia but they never dominated India after MCG test match.
They still had McGrath in WC and you cant replace him. No matter how tight or good Clark might be, he does not instill fear in batsman and even does not play 2 out of 5 games.
Another loss is Gilly. haddin has been around the Australian team after WC and had got opportunities to bat for long time in most matches. He was only successful in 2 matches out of them. You cant expect Gilly like WC innings from him.
Not to forget without Hayden in side the other test opneor Phil Jaques looked out of saughts. It was only in his company that he got confident and looked solid. Now hes already 37 and will not be around for much. Already Ponting has indicated to look for youth.
Lastly this time they will not get Australian type pitches in India. If Hayden is not in side by any chance at that time then Australia will be lucky to win 1 test match. Bret Lee has not played 1 test match in India and Clark has always looked ordinary in subcontinent.

Hes less crazy than you. Stop living in past. Just becoz they won World Cup undefeated does not count for anything in future. England were mauled throughout the summer by Australia but they never dominated India after MCG test match.
They still had McGrath in WC and you cant replace him. No matter how tight or good Clark might be, he does not instill fear in batsman and even does not play 2 out of 5 games.
Another loss is Gilly. haddin has been around the Australian team after WC and had got opportunities to bat for long time in most matches. He was only successful in 2 matches out of them. You cant expect Gilly like WC innings from him.
Not to forget without Hayden in side the other test opneor Phil Jaques looked out of saughts. It was only in his company that he got confident and looked solid. Now hes already 37 and will not be around for much. Already Ponting has indicated to look for youth.
Lastly this time they will not get Australian type pitches in India. If Hayden is not in side by any chance at that time then Australia will be lucky to win 1 test match. Bret Lee has not played 1 test match in India and Clark has always looked ordinary in subcontinent.

Look. Are you that stupid you can't understand my point?

READ THIS:

He said that Australian dominance had already ended because India have just beaten Australia at home.

I said that it is not necessarily true because England beat them at home in the same competition, and Australia still continued their dominance.

That is my sole and only point on the matter. I'm not speaking of anything apart from that, like you made out I was.

Understand now?

Good.

Users who are viewing this thread