The End Of Australian Dominance?

Is it offically over now? As of 30th December 2008?

• Total voters
Aussie domianance will end the day Hayden, Gilchrist and Punter (last of invinsibles in my book) hang boots. I think next Ashes series will see two of them retiring.

One of the three have retired. Now only Hayden and Ponting are left.

I think Lee has done enough in last 2 years to come up to their level as well.

Just noticed Johnson now has a higher batting average than Don Bradman! Of course he's scored 99 runs all up so expect that to slip next time he bats.

On Hilfy he really needed to be given a go at the start of the summer, probably even through the 20/20 WC. He was at his peak there, seems to have dipped a bit now.

You never know. Johnson can bat well. But if he can get 30, 40 runs i will be happy with him. He might just get that aussie ton aswell.;) doubt though.. obviously.:p

Ya..Its already ended....India have won by 2-0...We have beat Aussis in their homes...:clap:clap:happy:happy:D

it truly is the end of the domination today

Gambino,

At least we've dominated the sport for as long as we have, something your country will never do. Have a peak over at our trophy cabinet and you'll see what l mean. :cool:

Just remember this...

l've seen my country win 3 World Cups.

How many have you seen mate?

Gambino,

At least we've dominated the sport for as long as we have, something your country will never do. Have a peak over at our trophy cabinet and you'll see what l mean. :cool:

Just remember this...

They have never seen :D but we have seen :happy

Three consecutive times is not a joke ;)

They have never seen :D but we have seen :happy

Three consecutive times is not a joke ;)
never seen?
1992?
we also had our time in the 80's when you were getting battered by even the minnows
we were 2 only to the mighty windies

Gambino,

Just remember this...

same as above,

every team has its highs and lows
unfortunately for you its time for your low again

in the 80's and early 90's you were at a low,
now 15 years later its time to go back to the 80's for you boy

Last edited:
Noway, loosing a final doesn't mean end of dominance .

Sour sour grapes.

Being completely outplayed twice in your own backyard after being such a machine like team tells me there is something changing, I don't care whether you don't want to admit to it.

Sour sour grapes.

Being completely outplayed twice in your own backyard after being such a machine like team tells me there is something changing, I don't care whether you don't want to admit to it.

OK!! so 2 consecutive lost means, end of dominance ? :rolleyes:

look at the bigger picture
no more gilchrist to give you blazing starts
no more brad hogg who is aussies best odi spinner for past 5 years

compare this team to the aussie team of 2006 early 2007,

you will see the same players but something has definetly changed

OK!! so 2 consecutive lost means, end of dominance ? :rolleyes:

No, all the way through out the series, it wasn't the same Australia, they are never outplayed, especially at home, so that's where my point came.

You could put it down to bad form, but they just are completely different now, and as Gambino said, without Gilchrist and Hogg, it's only going to get harder.

look at the bigger picture
no more gilchrist to give you blazing starts
no more brad hogg who is aussies best odi spinner for past 5 years

compare this team to the aussie team of 2006 early 2007,

you will see the same players but something has definetly changed
Haha! I love you type of Pakistani/Indian supporters. Aus lose one match or two and our dominance is over. Lets look at the bigger picture then shall we?

No more Gilchrist to give us blazing starts? Ever heard of a hard-hitting New South Welshman called Brad Haddin? He is better then Gilchrist is now. He is going to tear attacks to shreads and keep better then Gilly. Brad Hogg did nothin since the WC07 and we haven't really needed his spin this series, so no major loss there.

No, all the way through out the series, it wasn't the same Australia, they are never outplayed, especially at home, so that's where my point came.

You could put it down to bad form, but they just are completely different now, and as Gambino said, without Gilchrist and Hogg, it's only going to get harder.
Exactly. India thoroughly deserved the trophy - there's no doubt about that.

It certainly makes things interesting for the future as the playing field is becoming leveled. However, we will have to see how Australia progresses in upcoming tournaments before any real judgments can be made. But it is clear that the flow of Australian retirements is making an impact.

Users who are viewing this thread