Story The Super Duper Series [C2005]

The investigation has finally been completed, and the series is once again allowed to proceed.

It was discovered the bomb wasn't ticking, it was just Warney's phone registering that caused the sound to occur. Warne has not been punished, but instead, Darren Lehmann has been politely asked to explain his autobiographies that he brought out about the incident (which stated clearly that the bomb was really painful and he felt it explode inside him).

So, coming up soon, we play the fourth of the six-test series, and also reveal the new piece of 'willow' being branded by Glenn McGrath.

tassietiger said:
The investigation has finally been completed, and the series is once again allowed to proceed.

It was discovered the bomb wasn't ticking, it was just Warney's phone registering that caused the sound to occur. Warne has not been punished, but instead, Darren Lehmann has been politely asked to explain his autobiographies that he brought out about the incident (which stated clearly that the bomb was really painful and he felt it explode inside him).

So, coming up soon, we play the fourth of the six-test series, and also reveal the new piece of 'willow' being branded by Glenn McGrath.

nothing beats a good old warnie joke :clap

Glenn's new stick

Glenn McGrath has revealed the bat he will be using for the fourth Ten10 International Super Duper Series match, and it has certain members of the cricketing world in shock.

The new bat, fondly known as 'the kanga cricket bat', is widely used in backyard cricket circles, but has sadly never made it to the international circuit. McGrath has decided to change this on the back of his recent run-scoring feast batting at No. 3.

"Sometimes you have to find new ways to challenge yourself when things get easy, and I think that hopefully giving myself this handicap will help me in the long term. I'm looking forward to possibly batting No. 3 for the Test team this game instead of the ODI team, as that is pyjama cricket and I'm not interested in wasting my time on it with my elegant batting.

Screenshot:
Glenn McGrath plays his favourite stroke while using the new Kanga Cricket Bat.

Attachments

• glennkanga.JPG
    glennkanga.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 90
tassietiger said:
Glenn McGrath has revealed the bat he will be using for the fourth Ten10 International Super Duper Series match, and it has certain members of the cricketing world in shock.

The new bat, fondly known as 'the kanga cricket bat', is widely used in backyard cricket circles, but has sadly never made it to the international circuit. McGrath has decided to change this on the back of his recent run-scoring feast batting at No. 3.

"Sometimes you have to find new ways to challenge yourself when things get easy, and I think that hopefully giving myself this handicap will help me in the long term. I'm looking forward to possibly batting No. 3 for the Test team this game instead of the ODI team, as that is pyjama cricket and I'm not interested in wasting my time on it with my elegant batting.

Screenshot:
Glenn McGrath plays his favourite stroke while using the new Kanga Cricket Bat.
LOL now that is just damn funny. Classic tassietiger. :D
Rofl, a Milo Kanga Cricket Bat! :D
Nice work, keep it up! :D
You little ripper! :D

Game 4 commences

GAME 4 @ Kolkata, India

Daytime, Dusty Pitch, Sunny, and Humid

World ODI XI won the toss and elected to bat

I am playing as the World Test XI, so we will have to wait until the second innings to see Glenn McGrath in action with his new piece of wood (technically speaking, plastic).

Test XI under siege

The ODI XI have immediately gone the attack for the first five overs of the match, smacking Gillespie and McGrath to all parts of the ground for the loss of 3 wickets. Normally this problem is resolved by bringing spinners on, who slow the match down like nothing else, but three consecutive fours off Muralitharan to Ponting have stopped that from occuring.

It will take a remarkable effort to come back and make this a chaseable target, so the Test XI are looking forward to Game 5 coming up after this one.

Screenshots:
1) Tendulkar and Gilchrist now realise that they shouldn't put their shirts through the washing machine, or the letters will start to fall off their names.
2) Possibly, just possibly, a six. Tendulkar thought so. McGrath didn't. The umpire didn't.
3) Very flattering bowling figures for all involved.

Attachments

• g3up1-1.JPG
    g3up1-1.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 79
  • g3up1-2.JPG
    g3up1-2.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 73
  • g3up1-3.JPG
    g3up1-3.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 75
It's always special to get a century, and when you get one against the best in the world it makes it so much better.

Unfortunately nobody got a century.

In a way that he tends to do a bit, Warney has gone from villian to hero again. After ruining the last game with his phone registering, he has resurrected this game by picking up a lazy 4/16 off 2 overs.

After Murali and Warne had finished their overs, the part time leg-spinners of Brian Charles Lara came to the fore, needing one wicket to finish the innings. He bowled well to start off, unless you count the fact that the first ball was a wide. He ended up getting a wicket two balls later, finishing with a tidy 1/1 off 0.2 overs.

Screenshots:
1) Ponting decided that this would be the match that he wouldn't get out. Unfortunately it was the Test XI's version of Ponting, and the ODI Ponting got out on this shot.
2) Lara's wicket, a diving catch at short square leg that probably bounced off the ground (dirty, rotten cheaters)
3) Scorecard (read explanation from last game)

Attachments

• g3up2-1.JPG
    g3up2-1.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 74
  • g3up2-2.JPG
    g3up2-2.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 72
  • g3up2-3.JPG
    g3up2-3.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 70
Lovin this thread mate, and LOVE the milo bat!!
Hilarios! :laugh :D !! The bomb part was ingenious!! I don't think anybody would have thought of that!! Great work dude!

Tassietiger, I'd like to know what version of the SkySports TV patch you are using.
Cheers and great the fantastic work up.

I'm honestly not sure what Sky Sports I am using. Think it's the most recent.

Thanks for the comments, love hearing how good I am, and I'll probably have to give the next update on Thursday or Friday, because I have exams from Monday-Thursday and I have to do extremely well

Last edited:
Cheers tassietiger for your swift reply. Much appreciated mate and yes - you are very good at relaying your sense of humour to us. :)
Cheers bud and go well in your exams. Don't let PlanetCricket get in the way. ;)

Exams done. I'd say it's almost time to see Glenn wielding the willow, or plastic for that matter.

McGrath brilliance gets Test XI off to a flyer

Glenn's meaty piece of plastic has pushed the Test XI's chances of picking up a 3-1 lead a big boost with some brilliant strokes and solid defensive play when needed.

The team stands at 1/22 after 2 overs, Hayden falling to a rather ridiculous chip to midwicket the clever little duck. Tendulkar has been batting quite well also, but the focus has been on McGrath, clearly the technically more correct batsman of the two.

Screenshots:
1) Hayden let his partner down with this shot, with Glenn's range of strokes all Hayden needed to do was anchor and watch on in awe.
2) Master technician McGrath, never taking his eyes off the ball.
3) Unfortunately the same can't be said for the umpire, who should start watching the game a bit more (unless he's checking for an Afridi trick)

Attachments

• g4i2u1-1.JPG
    g4i2u1-1.JPG
    7.8 KB · Views: 52
  • g4i2u1-2.JPG
    g4i2u1-2.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 51
  • g4i2u1-3.JPG
    g4i2u1-3.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 50

Users who are viewing this thread