Story The Super Duper Series [C2005]

Update at the end of over 3 (getting slowly lazier and lazier)

Glenn McGrath shows off all of his shots (both of them in fact), carting everyone all over the park. Unfortunately during this time Virender Sehwag fell to a shot that was destined for a boundary until a fieldsman turned up there. All great things have to end some time, and the Glenn McGrath innings ended - despite this quote. He spooned a ball off himself which was a terrible waste of what looked to be a big innings brewing.

The score currently stands at 3/32 off 2 overs, McGrath making 16, Gilchrist 6, Sehwag 4, Tendulkar 4* and Ponting a polished 0*. Extras also made a contribution, picking up 2*.

Screenshots:
1) Glenn McGrath starts to get angry with himself, for his batting rather than his bowling.
2) The umpire's grand plan to cover up his sauce stain comes undone when he is forced to signal a boundary.
3) McGrath points to where his clone just hit the ball.

Attachments

• update2-1.jpg
    update2-1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 78
  • update2-2.jpg
    update2-2.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 78
  • update2-3.jpg
    update2-3.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Update after over 7:

The team looked to be scoring at a healthy rate until the spinners came and ruined it all. Ponting and Tendulkar shared a largely Tendulkar-dominated partnership, which produced about 20 runs. Tendulkar eventually holed out off big Muttiah, but still did play a decent knock probably most useful in the fact that it passed Glenn McGrath's score, preventing him from being the top-scorer. Extras was also motoring along, now on 4*.

SCORECARD:
4/55 off 7 overs: Tendulkar 23, Ponting 2*, Lara 0*

Screenshots
1) Strangely, when the ball came flying past, the cameraman made no effort to follow it on this occasion. Instead he left the camera unmoved.
2) Tendulkar was only happy to point out to the Australian captain of who wasn't scoring as quickly as the other.
3) Gillespie finds a large shield to cover him, trying to protect his recent lung injury.

Attachments

• update3-1.jpg
    update3-1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 71
  • update3-2.jpg
    update3-2.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 75
  • update3-3.jpg
    update3-3.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 74
End of Innings update:

The intended slogfest didn't quite go as planned, but there was still the spectacular collapse that was expected. Jacques Kallis looked promising with his 3* but due to Glenn McGrath being promoted to No. 3, he was stuck with that score as he didn't get too much of an opportunity down at No. 8. The final score was 7/75 off 10 overs, with topscorers being Sachin Tendulkar (23) and Glenn McGrath (16).

Screenshots
1) Revolutionary new catching style, palms facing downwards, diving on the ball, and catching it. Works well if you catch it.
2) It would be too corny to say that Ponting hit the roof with this shot, so I won't.
3) It's a scorecard. Summarises the innings as a whole by showing each batsman, how they got out, who bowled the ball (exc. runouts) and their score. Also includes number of extras, number of overs, and total runs scored. Very useful statistical tool.

Attachments

• update4-1.jpg
    update4-1.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 74
  • update4-2.jpg
    update4-2.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 73
  • update4-3.jpg
    update4-3.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 76
Okay, I've decided it's time for the second innings, might need some of these bowlers to pull out something extremely good.

[english commentator accent] Only if we had Freddie, he's the turn to man that solves any problem. [/english commentator accent]

tassie: your sparkling wit has more than one positive outcome. It has made me want to read this entire series again and again ... AND has prevented me from attempting to write anything even half as good.

I laugh, I cry, I jump and I drink to this piece of prose. Keep it up.

LOL! I can't stop laughing at that 'umpire covering up a sauce stain' pic. Bloody funny. :D
Man you are so hilarious! :D
Keep it up! :D

Thanks for the comments everyone, keep sending them in, I love the attention.

Just realised that my patch only works for batting, so I'll need to download a bowling patch before I can continue... shouldn't take too long, so I'll probably get the innings done tonight.

Game 3: Innings Two

The innings started off with a bang, when Adam Gilchrist hit the ground with his bat while taking strike. Unfortunately that was the bang, and it wasn't referring to big-hitting at all.

Gilchrist managed to turn the strike over to Matthew Hayden to kick off the scoring, which was shortly followed by Matthew's glance to square leg - on the full.

McGrath came in under pressure however, as Pollock's over finished off with 1/10, as Tendulkar came in and hit a couple of quick fours and a single. McGrath responded in a way that only he could - hand him another four. After that, quite boringly, he bowled straight dots for the rest of the over.

Pollocks next over was even more successful than his first (technically speaking it was exactly the same, but I'll use my writer's license here), picking up the wicket of Adam Gilchrist, who was attempting a shot that would go out of the ground. Unfortunately it was the off stump that went out of the ground, and not long after he was also out of the ground in the dressingroom.

Screenshots:
1) Hayden finally worked out where he had put Jacques Kallis' sunglasses and had to rush back to tell him. They were still in Pakistan, unfortunately.
2) Great exhibition of clean hitting from Tendulkar here.
3) Same as #2, except Gilchrist this time.

Attachments

• update1-1.JPG
    update1-1.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 57
  • update1-2.JPG
    update1-2.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 61
  • update1-3.JPG
    update1-3.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 55
Bombings In Cricket Match

BARBADOS, JAMAICA - In unbelievable and atrocious news, the third of the six-game Super Duper Series has been abandoned due to a bomb being substituted in for a ball and almost killing "s***loads" of people.

The players quickly left the field after realising that the ball had been interchanged for another white spherical shape, which turned out to be ticking. The players quickly fled the ground, the leader of the players being South African Jacques Kallis, as shown below.

It was noticed after Jacques Kallis bowled a ball to Rahul Dravid that this ball was no longer a ball, but an explosive device. A bomb squad was immediately called, and they could not fix the problem. Luckily in the commentating booth was South Australian star Darren Lehmann, who stepped in and inserted it in his mouth (the bomb was not to be seen again).

An investigation will go into these unimaginable scenes, to pinpoint who caused the bomb.

The win was awarded to the ODI XI due to the Duckworth-Lewis system, as it was quite clear that they were in the box seat needing about 16 from the last 3 overs.

P.S. To be honest, the game did spontaneously quit, and I thought why not incorporate it somehow.

Attachments

• update2.JPG
    update2.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 78
After-Match Press Conference

The media were all over this story, as it was quite big news, surprisingly enough. So, due to this, I am proud to say that I am going to present you...

The Super Duper Series'
FIRST
EVER
PRESS CONFERENCE

Because of the emotional state that some of these players were in, officials allowed the media to only ask for one statement per player.

Jacques Kallis (RSA) - bowled the ball before the bomb was noticed
I heard the ball ticking while I was about to bowl. I immediately wanted to get myself out of danger, which is only natural - so I bowled it, but then Rahul hit it back to me, which was very inconvenient. It was then that I thought that enough was enough and left the ground in a hurry

Rahul Dravid (IND) - Batsman who faced the bomb of a ball
I was getting ready to open up and silence all of the critics of my slow style of play, and then they call the game off. Disgrace

Darren Lehmann (AUS) - Hero of the day
I'm tempted to bring up the clich? that the bomb tasted like chicken, but that would be lying, as it didn?t. But I'm not going to go over the top and say that I am really a hero, it was really nothing more than a hot dish, and I reckon I've tasted hotter in India. Had a terrible aftertaste though.

Ricky Ponting (AUS) - Captain of the ODI XI
Quite typical that when we win the Test team find some way to cover up their loss. That's two games in a row that they have lost now, and I'm not letting them forget that.

Brian Lara (WI) - Captain of the Test XI
Very dissapointing to see something like this happen. I'm not sure if I want to play the next match when atrocities like this occur. The Duckworth-Lewis system was developed for bad weather, not explosions. We should've had a game of hot potato with the bomb or something.

Bloody Bomb balls! That pic of the bowler (Kallis?!) racing ahead of the ball is hilarious!:D

Users who are viewing this thread