Story The Super Duper Series [C2005]

The Second Revival

When I said the next game would be ASAP...I was lying.

But I'm going to have it now, after it's waited through the second dormant stint this thread has had.

Some of you might put it down to laziness, some of you might put it down to me being busy, and some of you might put it down to building the tension of this great series. The ones who said laziness were right. Either way, it has been a while.

After a bit of building up from the media, the next game will be underway in Barbados, Jamaica, which is also in the home country of the recently cloned Brian Lara, who is in both the Test XI and ODI XI.

Simon Hughes' Analysis

Yes, I'm Simon Hughes, and now I've decided to look at a curious little character, Mr. Brian Lara. Now, looking at the diagram which hopefully will be attached to this post, you will notice that in Lord's (game 1), while playing his normal forward defense, his eyes were not at all on the ball. That game he made 0 and 1. Now, fast forward to Faisalabad (game 2), he was concentrating superbly on the ball and therefore made 19 and 17.

Attachments

• bcl.JPG
    bcl.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 101
tassietiger said:
1) Either Gillespie is a terrible fielder, or training as an umpire.
2) Kallis getting a taste of his own medicine, metaphorically and actually.
3) Warney goes to the ground, something normally only done by his trousers.
hahahahhahah how did i miss out on that one

SDS Squads arrive in Jamaica

It was a long flight (pilot had his L plates and was not allowed to go over 40km/h, bit inconvenient but nobody complained - except for warney who has never spent that long without being allowed to use his mobile phone in his life)

But now they have finally arrived, and on the plane flight they managed to come up with a few interesting ideas for the series, except only one of them was any good. The umpires have come up with kits to wear for the rest of the series, and if I may say so myself, I would love to buy a replica off Tony Greig and co. who like to sell their bull**** products in the drinks breaks during the cricket. (seriously, if anyone wants the kits, be my guest)

Attachments

• umpires.jpg
    umpires.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 67
The next match will be played tomorrow, as the players are a tad jetlagged at the moment, and as was the original plan, it will be played at Barbados in Jamaica.

Also, if anyone is wondering, that red patch on the front of the umpires shirt is a dollop of sauce that came from a sausage he ate recently - he just couldn't get it out.

hahahahahah... great story mate... can't wait for the next match...

GAME 3 (III in Roman Numerals for those interested)

CONDITIONS: Day match, Hard pitch, Sunny weather, Warm (coincidentally)

TEAMS:
Exactly the same as every match, but for those LOSERS out there who haven't read this thread before (yes, I repeat, LOSERS):

World ODI XI
1. Adam Gilchrist
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Sachin Tendulkar
4. Ricky Ponting
5. Brian Lara
6. Rahul Dravid
7. Jacques Kallis
8. Shaun Pollock
9. Muttiah Muralitharan
10. Jason Gillespie
11. Glenn McGrath

World Test XI
1. Adam Gilchrist
2. Matthew Hayden
3. Sachin Tendulkar
4. Rahul Dravid
5. Brian Lara
6. Ricky Ponting
7. Jacques Kallis
8. Shane Warne
9. Muttiah Muralitharan
10. Jason Gillespie
11. Glenn McGrath

Ahh, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy deep down inside looking at those teams and seeing no Englishmen...and I haven't even edited it!

Forgot to mention, I'm controlling the ODI team

FIRST OVER ANALYSIS (I'll do this over-by-over until I get bored)

First ball of the match, Adam Gilchrist looked as if he had decided to get the runs ticking over at about 10 an over, because after the first-ball six, he seemed to deliberately slow the run rate back down, with three straight dots. But this was when McGrath's magic kicked in. He dismissed Gilchrist with a ball that nobody could pick. The ODI XI were shocked, and decided that there was nobody in the world other than Glenn McGrath that knew what was going through his mind. So, naturally, they sent Glenn McGrath out to bat, in an unprecedented move which saw the man known as the Pigeon bat at No. 3 ahead of the likes of Tendulkar, Ponting, Lara, Dravid and Kallis.

Screenshots
1) Adam Gilchrist's good shot
2) Adam Gilchrist's bad shot
3) Glenn McGrath strides to the crease, expecting a standing ovation but unfortunately not getting one. But, as the green circle shows, one of his family members turned up to the match at least.

Attachments

• Cricket2005 2005-11-01 10-20-22-00.jpg
    Cricket2005 2005-11-01 10-20-22-00.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Cricket2005 2005-11-01 10-21-26-95.jpg
    Cricket2005 2005-11-01 10-21-26-95.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Cricket2005 2005-11-01 10-21-31-04.jpg
    Cricket2005 2005-11-01 10-21-31-04.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 53

Users who are viewing this thread