The wishlist thread

Only one ask from the game developers/studio... Please please focus on the gameplay. Most of the folks couldn't care less whether the kit was the right color, whether you got the licenses for the players/teams, whether the right cricket bats/balls are in the game, whether the players in the game look like the players. We care about gameplay. As long as the gameplay is good the game will do well.

With IPL, rise of T20 cricket and growth of Indian middle class cricket games have a future as long as quality product is put in front of consumers. Hoping for "Ashes Cricket" to be an annual title just like Madden or FIFA series :)

----------

Here's a gameplay suggestion from my side which most of the cricket fans I know would love to have incorporated...

Is it possible for Ashes Cricket game to have a slider based system for difficulties instead of the standard "Easy", "Medium", 'Hard" difficulty levels? For example take a look at the Madden NFL series where you can have slider setting for so many items/attributes/areas on top of the "Rookie", "Pro", "All Pro" and "All Madden" settings. Lower settings makes the game ideal for casual gamers who love arcadey sort of games while at the highest level the AI is almost impossible to stop/beat. And for those who want to tailor the game as per their needs they can fall back on sliders.

If Ashes Cricket has the same sort of system where at "Novice" level anyone can play the game and at "Elite" level even the hardcore cricket fans find it tough to beat the AI, it would be a job well done. Plus sliders for catching, fielding, batting, bowling, running, slogging etc. can add a new dimension to the game which will make this game similar to the Madden or FIFA series.

The attribute points were obviously there to stop people creating SUPERHUMANS and exploiting the game. But I take your point: some players just ARE superhuman! Will take this into consideration: thanks again for your input.

Sorry for posting on this late, I just check the posts weekly.

I think people should be allowed to create superhumans if it is what they want to do in their game.

But if this is the case, for online games a point allocation limit should be set to avoid an unfair superhuman team.

Yeah, I agree, for offline play we should be able to do whatever we like with player stats, but online there obviously needs to be restrictions.

Auction for players??
Like in any tournament like IPL we can have auctions.
I mean franchisee cricket...

Hey Cheif,

Please could you consider giving us control of replays with a dedicated button to show the previous delivery, and then maybe buttons to slow down and change the angle during the replay.

A dedicated button that took you straight to a replay would be much better than effectively pausing the game and navigating a menu, it would be much smoother and keep the atmosphere of the game flowing. In short it would look like a tv replay in between deliveries.

...and Chief, that very Physio in-game 3D model should be licensed from NZ Cricket, the BlackCaps physio Kate Stalker ...or Lara Croft. (I'm a genius)

Tifosa Rossonera and Eva Carneiro are better than those too

Last edited:
1) Statistics :being able to see batting and bowling stats of players in a series.
2)ICC Cricket ratings: Batsman And Bowlers Ratings after Every series
3)Post Match Ceremony: Trophies for Man of the match
4)Post Match Ceremony: After a Series or CUP,Trophies for Man of the match, Best batsman, Best Bowller best fielder, Best Allrounder.
5) Sharjah Cup / toronto Cup: With man of the series getting a car.

And the most Important of all
6)Indian premiere league carrer : Complete IPL with Players auctions , Buying selling, Kits customization.

player's bmdy

Player body should proper like fat,fatter,thin players as per their actual body

One thing I Would love to see some is sort of career mode in the game whether it be as a player where you start as a youngster with limited skills and build them into an international legend or as a coach where you deal more with picking squads training, auctions etc... (Both modes being able to control the whole team during matches)

Another feature I would like to see is the inclusion of domestic teams and tournaments in the game. Don't have to be licensed Team names or player names as long as they are editable. This would add more depth to the game, many more game features and would also tie in well with the career mode feature e.g being able to able to coach an Australian shield team over a number of season and build a strong squad or play a one off quick IPL tournament for a bit of fun.

One final thing would be pitch conditions, weather forecast and location affecting the game play. Like playing a match at the WACA will be far different than playing in the sub-continent and provide a totally different match.

Just my opinion, I highly doubt we will see the first two features but I feel the third is a must for a cricket game.

One thing I Would love to see some is sort of career mode in the game whether it be as a player where you start as a youngster with limited skills and build them into an international legend or as a coach where you deal more with picking squads training, auctions etc... (Both modes being able to control the whole team during matches)

Another feature I would like to see is the inclusion of domestic teams and tournaments in the game. Don't have to be licensed Team names or player names as long as they are editable. This would add more depth to the game, many more game features and would also tie in well with the career mode feature e.g being able to able to coach an Australian shield team over a number of season and build a strong squad or play a one off quick IPL tournament for a bit of fun.

One final thing would be pitch conditions, weather forecast and location affecting the game play. Like playing a match at the WACA will be far different than playing in the sub-continent and provide a totally different match.

Just my opinion, I highly doubt we will see the first two features but I feel the third is a must for a cricket game.

Like the above ideas...

Freedom to control replays would be awesome too... :yes

Double wicket, something like the double wicket in brian lara cricket 2005

Users who are viewing this thread