TITLE Suggestion for BIG ANT CRICKET !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I am ALL IN its ADAM GILCRIST... I love that cricketer for his CRICKET and HONESTY both at the same time. GENTLEMAN who played a GENTLEMEN'S GAME...

I agree, he is one of the few people to achieve so great success in cricket and be universally loved by everyone too, even if he was thrashing your team six rows back you couldn't help but admire his class.

Revealing the title will reveal something else about the game too ross said

Well if that's true then that's hinting towards a competition name instead of a person. Big bash cricket 14 or champions league cricket 14. That would then stay true to Ross saying no INTERNATIONAL licenses. Perhaps gilchrist will be a commentator! Who knows? There seems to be more hype over this than call of duty or Gta. :thumbs

I don't know whether this THREAD will die a slow death tomorrow or in days to come. But I will like to suggest it can be SOURAV GANGULY CRICKET 14.

That'd be like the best thing ever. Get him in the com box too. :D
----------
But I am ALL IN its ADAM GILCRIST... I love that cricketer for his CRICKET and HONESTY both at the same time. GENTLEMAN who played a GENTLEMEN'S GAME...

Especially when the rest of his team mates played far from being gentlemen! (Ref: Sydney Test, 2008)

That'd be like the best thing ever. Get him in the com box too. :D
----------

Especially when the rest of his team mates played far from being gentlemen! (Ref: Sydney Test, 2008)

People are still confused why he appealed for a caught behind for Rahul Dravid when there was an option to construct a flyover in the gap between the ball and bat :rolleyes

People are still confused why he appealed for a caught behind for Rahul Dravid when there was an option to construct a flyover in the gap between the ball and bat :rolleyes

That's seriously funny but on countless number of occations, he's walked off when he felt he was out. Either what you pointed out is a human-error, or what I pointed out is match fixing.. :lol:lol

That's seriously funny but on countless number of occations, he's walked off when he felt he was out. Either what you pointed out is a human-error, or what I pointed out is match fixing.. :lol:lol

I wonder if accusing Sachin of not shaking hands after the match was a human error too.:p

I dont deny that Gilly is a gentleman,he is a great cricketer too.But it was for the reference sydney test 2008 part!

If its Gilly we are talking about here.....there are countless situations when he didnt walk off as well!! Its only in that world cup match where the umpire was about to give him not out yet Gilly walked that people started calling him a walker (he had later said in an interview that he didnt notice the umpire was not giving him out....else who knows...he might have stayed)......and after that he just kept up his reputation!! Its silly to say Gilly never walked!

Well if that's true then that's hinting towards a competition name instead of a person.

For me would depend on the competition - if world cup or ashes then fair enough.

Things like BBL or IPL appears very restricting to me and whilst might sell well during those competitions would the casual fan be interested afterwards?

Yeah, that hideous dismissal. I can still remember crying (and cursing Bucknor) when we failed to draw the Test with just 12 balls to end day 5 and Ishant Sharma getting out. Just a kid back then, but that was one hell of a nasty match. Never did I like the Aussie side after that! And as Gavaskar put it back then in the commentary box, "That is non sense, utter non sense".

And on Gilly with that appeal, who doesn't appeal? That Clarke-Ponting thing over Ganguly's catch at second slip (I guess) makes Gilly look far better. That's what I was referring to in the original post talking of the Sydney Test.

Last edited:
Yeah, that hideous dismissal. I can still remember crying (and cursing Bucknor) when we failed to draw the Test with just 12 balls to end day 5 and Ishant Sharma getting out. Just a kid back then, but that was one hell of a nasty match. Never did I like the Aussie side after that! And as Gavaskar put it back then in the commentary box, "That is non sense, utter non sense".

And on Gilly with that appeal, who doesn't appeal? That Clarke-Ponting thing over Ganguly's catch at second slip (I guess) makes Gilly look far better. That's what I was referring to in the original post talking of the Sydney Test.

Happens all the time. Every team, at some point or another, has been jobbed by umpires.

Mike Hussy Cricket 14 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread