Top 10 Test Batsmen

Perm

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Right everybody, I'd be interested to see who you would rate to be amongst the top 10 Test batsmen of all time. Hopefully this can inspire some good discussion. My list is as follows

1. Sir Donald Bradman
2. Sir Jack Hobbs
3. Hertbert Sutcliffe
4. Sir Leonard Hutton
5. Sir Garfield Sobers
6. Sir Clyde Walcott
7. Ken Barrington
8. Sir Everton Weekes
9. Sir Walter Hammond
10. Greg Chappell

Right everybody, I'd be interested to see who you would rate to be amongst the top 10 Test batsmen of all time. Hopefully this can inspire some good discussion. My list is as follows

1. Sir Donald Bradman
2. Sir Jack Hobbs
3. Hertbert Sutcliffe
4. Sir Leonard Hutton
5. Sir Garfield Sobers
6. Sir Clyde Walcott
7. Ken Barrington
8. Sir Everton Weekes
9. Sir Walter Hammond
10. Greg Chappell

no place for Sir Viv in your 11?

my 11

1. Sir Viv Richards
2. Allan Border
3. Donald Bradman
4. Garfield Sobers
5. Sachin Tendulkar
6. Brian Lara
7. Sunil Gavaskar
8. Steve Waugh
9. Javed Miandad
10. Greg Chappell
11.Everton Weekes

Last edited:
no place for Sir Viv in your 11?

my 11

1. Sir Viv Richards
2. Allan Border
3. Donald Bradman
4. Garfield Sobers
5. Sachin Tendulkar
6. Brian Lara
7. Sunil Gavaskar
8. Steve Waugh
9. Javed Miandad
10. Greg Chappell
11.Everton Weekes

Well for a start, I picked just the ten batsmen, as that's what the starting post said. Also, how can you justify having Sir Viv Richards and Allan Border above Sir Donald Bradman? Far and away the greatest batsmen ever.

No room for Richards, because I don't rate him that highly. All of the bastmen I selected were better run-scorers.

Well for a start, I picked just the ten batsmen, as that's what the starting post said. Also, how can you justify having Sir Viv Richards and Allan Border above Sir Donald Bradman? Far and away the greatest batsmen ever.

No room for Richards, because I don't rate him that highly. All of the bastmen I selected were better run-scorers.

i put them in no particular order, it would be too hard to figure out who the best is. and there arent that many people that would say that Sir Viv wasnt a better run scorer than most of the guys we mentioned.

but i do rate sir Viv as my fav/best batsman, since i never saw any clips or videos of Bradman so i cant really coment on him but his average is insane and i kno 90% would have him as their top basman ever but i loved sir Vivs style and the way he batted,

Last edited:

1. Sir Donald Bradman
2. Sir Jack Hobbs
3. Hertbert Sutcliffe
4. Sir Leonard Hutton
5. Sir Garfield Sobers
6. Sir Clyde Walcott
7. Ken Barrington
8. Sir Everton Weekes
9. Sir Walter Hammond
10. Greg Chappell

Not seen anyone of them batting so can't comment.

Don Bradman
Sachin Tendulkar
Brian Lara
Allan border
Viv Richard
Steve Waugh
Greg Chapell
Gary Sobers
Gordon Gridnedge
Sunil gavaskar

bit of mix bags for me.. moderns players and olden. good combo i guess.

Sir Donald Bradman
Ricky Ponting
Sir Garfield Sobers
Sachin Tendulkar
Brian Lara
Sir Vivian Richards
Jacques Kallis
Steve Waugh
Matthew Hayden
Sunil Gavaskar

1. Donald Bradman
2. Brian Lara
3. Sachin Tendulkar
4. Vivian Richards
5. Garfield Sobers
6. Sunil Gavaskar
7. Leonard Hutton
8. Stephen Waugh
9. Ricky Ponting
10. Sanath Jayasurya

1. Donald Bradman
2. Brian Lara
3. Sachin Tendulkar
4. Vivian Richards
5. Garfield Sobers
6. Sunil Gavaskar
7. Leonard Hutton
8. Stephen Waugh
9. Ricky Ponting
10. Sanath Jayasurya

Sanath Jayasuriya? :eek:

His not even the best batsman Sri Lanka have produced? Could name plenty of names from the current era whose better then him...

An average of 40 is quite poor when it comes to this sorta stuff...

Ya, why not? The most destructive batsman Srilanka has ever produced. With above 6500 runs and an average of 40+ I see nothing wrong in picking him.

To try and say that Sanath Jayasuriya is among the 10 finest Test batsmen ever produced is simply laughable. Sri Lanka have had a number of batsmen better than him. Jayawardene, Sangakkara, Atapattu, Aravinda, Tillakaratne with Atapattu and Gurusinha also possibilities.

Right I don't get it, everyones going to feel offended and start putting stupid smilies in at me etc etc but I have to get it off my chest.

What is so good about Don Bradman?

I hear he averaged near a 100 or something so did that mean he got a 100 everytime?

Users who are viewing this thread