Top Gear's back! [Vote on the best Stig line ever]

Choose your favourite Stig quote of all time.

• He once threw a microwave at a tramp.

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • He realised before anyone that Jade Goody was a racist, pig-faced, waste of blood and organs.

Votes: 23 23.0%
  • He once punched a horse to the ground.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • He is confused by stairs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He urinates 98 RON petrol.

• Jimmy Carter wants him dead.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • He is stumped by clouds.

• If he could be bothered, he could crack the Da Vinci code in 43 seconds.

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • The outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the N?rburgring.

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • If given an important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet.

• His first name really is "The".

• If he went on Celebrity Love Island, they'd all be pregnant, including the cameramen.

Votes: 25 25.0%

• Total voters

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I could have said the same to you Lee when you talked about ODI matches a few months ago. He's allowed to have his personal opinion.
I don't see how that's the same. He said cars and mechanical stuff bores him a lot, so why watch Top Gear, a cars and mechanical TV show!?

Skater added 0 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

What did I say about ODI matches anyway?

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
You said that ODI matches its stupid or whatever, i'm just basing this on your thread by the way. I don't feel like an arguement right now so i'll leave it at that.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
You said that ODI matches its stupid or whatever, i'm just basing this on your thread by the way. I don't feel like an arguement right now so i'll leave it at that.
I said in a thread that I used to think ODIs were pointless, and that I've now changed my mind. Completely irrelevant to this thread.

blake

School Cricketer
I'm not wishing to get into a debate here Skater, but..

1. Surely people must be allowed to have their personal opinions.. I was just stating that it gets annoying when people go on about something you don't like, whether it be at school or wherever. I think everyone must dislike something that is a popular trend. I mean, do you like Miley Cyrus, the Jonas Brothers, Twilight and Harry Potter?

2. I hardly even watch it, I just wanted to see what it was actually like for 10 minutes.. I pointed that out in one of my last posts, if you bothered to read it..

3. I can understand that if you are really into cars, then I guess you might like it. Just I, for one, am getting a bit sick of everyone going on about Top Gear.

I appreciate your opinion, but I don't really want to get into a fight.

Thanks bud. :cheers

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
A spokesman for Top Gear confirmed Schumacher had been The Stig during the Ferrari circuit, where he completed a lap of the Top gear track in 1 minute 10.7 seconds in a ?1 million Ferrari FXX – seven seconds faster than ever before.

source

Presumeably that's why they scrubbed the time then. It wasn't fair to have a different driver do it for comparison purposes.
Also that car insurance thing last night was ridiculous. You'd never go fully comp on a first car like you. You'd just get it third party. I know; I've been there!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I dunno Master. I guess I never really got into cars. Cars and mechanical stuff bores me a lot, to be honest..

Fair enough. I don't really watch it just for the cars (although seeing Clarkson throw a sportscar around a track is amazing and hilarious - due to his commentary). No, what I really love is the outlandish challenges!

Last edited:

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Fair enough. I don't really watch it just for the cars (although seeing Clarkson throw a sportscar around a track is amazing and hilarious (due to his commentary). No, what I really love is the outlandish challenges!

That is exactly the same as me, I don't watch it because I'm a complete car freak, in fact I know very little aout cars I just love the challenges and hilariousness of the show!

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Yes but you must be able to see that cars such as that Lambo are amazing. Or is it just the speed you guys find amazing?

I love cars, I really do, and its amazing how they (Lamborghini) started out with the Murcielago way back in '01, and have since improved it. I think there's 5 versions? (could be six) and each has had something different, something better than the last. The one they showed last night was LP 670-4 SV, and its come a long way since the first Murcielago.

Plus for Lamborghini, its been somewhat of an amazing car because it gave ideas into the Revent?n, which in my opinion is the best looking car from Lambo.

So yeh, Top Gear is amazing on all types of levels!

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Yes but you must be able to see that cars such as that Lambo are amazing. Or is it just the speed you guys find amazing?

I love cars, I really do, and its amazing how they (Lamborghini) started out with the Murcielago way back in '01, and have since improved it. I think there's 5 versions? (could be six) and each has had something different, something better than the last. The one they showed last night was LP 670-4 SV, and its come a long way since the first Murcielago.

Plus for Lamborghini, its been somewhat of an amazing car because it gave ideas into the Revent?n, which in my opinion is the best looking car from Lambo.

So yeh, Top Gear is amazing on all types of levels!

Yeah I can see that through the lush design and serious pace! but thats about all i understand,

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Did not...understand a word of that. :)

I've just re-read it and can't believe I quite typed that, and there are 5 Murcielago's in its series of cars, looked it up after i'd posted it.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Did anyone notice the Stig in the background last night photocopying his head (Helmet!) while they were on the phone to the insurance companies??

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Did anyone notice the Stig in the background last night photocopying his head (Helmet!) while they were on the phone to the insurance companies??

I did notice that, thats why Top Gear is great, the depth they go into each and every scene, the well rehearsed lines, and the fact that when they tell the news, they never, ever, go off topic...

Users who are viewing this thread