Tournment Ends

And now that the bickering is over, back on to the series.

What are people's view of the selection of Sreesanth? Some people think that his 140kph pace is enough to justify a place. However, I think that 140kph is not a whole lot different from the quantities of 130-135kph bowlers that we have. Moreover and most importantly, Sreesanth did not perform well in First Class cricket for Warwickshire, nor did he tear it up for Kerala in his two curtailed matches. He is, in the same position as Ashish Nehra, imo, with no FC cricket to justify a Test selection. Sreesanth has never done particularly well at FC cricket for a sustained period of time, and until he does, he should not play a Test. It makes a mockery out of the hard work put in by Balaji, Dhawal Kulkarni, R Vinay Kumar and Sudeep Tyagi, at the First Class level.

It's ok. We need the aggression he brings to the attack in our lineup desperately. Without him, our fast bowling unit is toothless. We need that bite.

Whatever people say about Sreesanth, he's a good bowler. He'll bowl his heart out and he'll bowl to take wickets. I think he's a good selection.

You bring up a lot of names - Balaji, Dhawal, Vinay, and Tyagi. Do you really think that most of those bowlers can perform at the test level, or at least bowl better than Sree? I think not.

Tyagi has a good future ahead of him. He's one to keep an eye on.

Hmm, Zak and Sree. Will bring memories of England 2007 back. I reckon we would've won the ODI series had our stupid selection not dropped him for the ODI series. :facepalm

Pffffffft. Who wants a pair of burnt up bails anyways? Who cares about the tradition crap that it symbolizes blahbattyblah blah.....

How often has England won this beast of a trophy?! :p

61909.jpg

(Q Arab Money by Busta Rhymes :p)

OMG OMG OMG!!! That cracked me up, Ro! Absolutely brilliant.....:rtfl:rtfl

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

I dont know when the board will think for a break for the players. perhaps they,this time again want another excuse for losing WC 2011.:facepalm

Hey... We just had a two month break after the West Indies 4-match ODI series. You want more?

Only Indians would think that trophy is good looking and not the most gaudy and tacky trophy since the IPL one.

Disgusting .

And now that the bickering is over, back on to the series.

What are people's view of the selection of Sreesanth? Some people think that his 140kph pace is enough to justify a place. However, I think that 140kph is not a whole lot different from the quantities of 130-135kph bowlers that we have. Moreover and most importantly, Sreesanth did not perform well in First Class cricket for Warwickshire, nor did he tear it up for Kerala in his two curtailed matches. He is, in the same position as Ashish Nehra, imo, with no FC cricket to justify a Test selection. Sreesanth has never done particularly well at FC cricket for a sustained period of time, and until he does, he should not play a Test. It makes a mockery out of the hard work put in by Balaji, Dhawal Kulkarni, R Vinay Kumar and Sudeep Tyagi, at the First Class level.

R Vinay Kumar? The guy who looked so pathetic in the Champions League T20? He is a classic case of a 'domestic beast who is a kitten by international standards'.

I think Sreesanth should be given a chance to start a different innings. He bowled well in county circuit. And after that incident, he is a changed man (though the Dhawal Kulkarni incident was a minor aberration). Sree brings in aggression to the team and the bowling attack. Not a bad idea to try him out!

Only Indians would think that trophy is good looking and not the most gaudy and tacky trophy since the IPL one.

Disgusting .

Do you have to make everything racial? It was given in Abu Dhabi, the Indians had nothing to do with it.

You need to relax man.

Dhawal Kulkarni does look to be a real talented chap, though. Has been quite impressive in the first class level. He deserves a chance.

He doesn't seem to be trusted with the new ball even for Mumbai though. Still needs some time.

It's ok. We need the aggression he brings to the attack in our lineup desperately. Without him, our fast bowling unit is toothless. We need that bite.

Whatever people say about Sreesanth, he's a good bowler. He'll bowl his heart out and he'll bowl to take wickets. I think he's a good selection.

If he cannot take wickets for Warwickshire or Kerala, the chances are low (not zero, but low) that he will take wickets for India.

You bring up a lot of names - Balaji, Dhawal, Vinay, and Tyagi. Do you really think that most of those bowlers can perform at the test level, or at least bowl better than Sree? I think not.

I think that they could all do a respectable job at Test level at the moment, with the possible excpetion of Tyagi, as he is a bit raw, from what I have seen.

manee added 6 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

Hmm, Zak and Sree. Will bring memories of England 2007 back. I reckon we would've won the ODI series had our stupid selection not dropped him for the ODI series. :facepalm

It was more Zaheer Khan and RP Singh responsible for the success in England 2007 rather than Sreesanth, who was often wayward and ineffective.

R Vinay Kumar? The guy who looked so pathetic in the Champions League T20? He is a classic case of a 'domestic beast who is a kitten by international standards'.

For the Royal Challengers Bangalore, who play at the high IPL and Champions League level, he averages 30.17 with an economy rate of 8.29, perfectly respectable - certainly not a kitten.

I think Sreesanth should be given a chance to start a different innings. He bowled well in county circuit.

No he didn't, he was often poor in FC cricket for Warwickshire. He was good in OD cricket, but it is a completely different game - especially for Sreesanth.

Dhawal Kulkarni does look to be a real talented chap, though. Has been quite impressive in the first class level. He deserves a chance.

I'm always reluctant to pick on one good season, which is why Tyagi and Dhawal were probably not the best examples - but Sreesanth has not even had one good FC season. His one good season in 5 day cricket came against South Africa, and those conditions will simply not be there in India. I mean, look at performances by team and season-by-season - tell me how he has earned a Test selection?

He doesn't seem to be trusted with the new ball even for Mumbai though. Still needs some time.

Hmmm, not sure I'd go along with that. Dhawal is good, but to say that Agarkar and Zaheer Khan are preferred over him with the new ball is not a massive disservice to Dhawal. Agarkar swings the ball round corners some days and Zaheer is arguably the most skillful swing bowler in the world.

Must say that I am not discounting the probability of Sreesanth bowling well in this series. I discount the probability that he will have a long and successful Test career.

Last edited:
Not at All..!!
He is a class player who can bowl upto 140's. And if conditions favors him, he go till 145.
I reckon he is a good pick for Tyagi.

And What Happened to IPL Indian Centurion Manish Pandey??
He hit 194 in a Ranji match against UP, got 50 in 44 balls against Delhi.
I feel its his time, in for some one.
May be he should be given chance by dropping Suresh Rania or Gautam Gambhir in the T20's against Sri Lanka.

Binnu added 2 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Pffffffft. Who wants a pair of burnt up bails anyways? Who cares about the tradition crap that it symbolizes blahbattyblah blah.....

How often has England won this beast of a trophy?! :p

61909.jpg

(Q Arab Money by Busta Rhymes :p)
Inzy Bhai is lifting and Rahul has just kept a hand:laugh:D

Not at All..!!
He is a class player who can bowl upto 140's. And if conditions favors him, he go till 145.

Not sure about that - he timed at 140kph once, from my recollection. However, it is not about speed, it is about ability and Vinay Kumar has plenty of that.

Not sure about that - he timed at 140kph once, from my recollection. However, it is not about speed, it is about ability and Vinay Kumar has plenty of that.
What India right now need is a guy, who can bowl constantly at mid 140's which no one here are..
I feel its better to hire like what Netherlands have done in the case of Nannes.
Someone from South Africa (Mostly Zondeki) would be preferable as he isn't getting enough chances.

Binnu added 1 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

And Yeah, he bowled pretty consistently at 140's in the on going Ranji Trophy super league

What India right now need is a guy, who can bowl constantly at mid 140's which no one here are..
I feel its better to hire like what Netherlands have done in the case of Nannes.
Someone from South Africa (Mostly Zondeki) would be preferable as he isn't getting enough chances.

Having a 145kph bowler will not solve anything, we need good bowlers above everything, bowlers who have taken FC wickets.

And Yeah, he bowled pretty consistently at 140's in the on going Ranji Trophy super league

Oh really, interesting, he was more 130-135kph in the IPL.

Users who are viewing this thread