Tournment Ends

Having a 145kph bowler will not solve anything, we need good bowlers above everything, bowlers who have taken FC wickets.
May be spinners can do the job for pacers if you ask this.
Indians surely lag of pacers, who take wickets when required.
We should have a strike bowler like Tait or someone so that some heads of our opponents should get injured and automatically, he'll grow as a wicket taker.

Oh really, interesting, he was more 130-135kph in the IPL.
Yeah.. And even count in Dinda.
He's not picking wickets but bowling consistently at 140's.

This should be a good series, SL playing tests after quite some time, Tendulkar close to 13k runs in test..

Nah i Don't think so mate there is nobody as good as Yuvraj Singh for T20.

except some :spy
Hmm.. I think I hit even better than Yuvraj Singh. (In Pinch Hitting Area)
But the difference is he is a player with all abilities like Fielding, Bowling. And even I only Pinch Hit whereas he is a cricketer, who can even play some defensive strokes, rotate the strike etc etc.
You can't just boast him.
Whereas I can't play defensive strokes, rotate strikes when needed etc etc.
PS: I even am Yuvraj Singh Fan.

Binnu added 0 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

Gayle>>Yuvraj any day, any time...in any form of the game
And its not an Apt comparison.
Both are different in their own ways.

the only difference is that Gayle opens.
Not only that,
Gayle is Part Time Bowler whereas Yuvi now become full time bowler.
Even the Batting can be affected off their bowling.
If Yuvraj gives above 40 runs from his bowling spell and he is batting to the bowler, who hit him hard, I'm sure that he'll have some pressure, which is difficult to overcome.

Not only that,
Gayle is Part Time Bowler whereas Yuvi now become full time bowler.
Even the Batting can be affected off their bowling.
If Yuvraj gives above 40 runs from his bowling spell and he is batting to the bowler, who hit him hard, I'm sure that he'll have some pressure, which is difficult to overcome.

In 3 less 20/20s Gayle has bowled 50 balls more then Yuvraj. Gayle bowls almost all his overs in almost every 20/20 and ODI. He has become a full time bowler for the WI and has been for a while.

If Yuvraj gives up more then 40 runs it will be to a batsman. No matter how bad his bowling is he isn't going to give up 40+ runs to a bowler on too many occasions.
It can be said that there is more pressure on Gayle because he opens the innings and being probably the best WI limited over batsman he knows the team counts on him allot more.
Unlike Yuvraj who has Sehwag, Gambhir, Tendulkar and Dhoni.

Yuvraj is surely still a part time bowler and Gayle has been bowling consistently for a while now. Gayle's deliveries are flat and are tough to smash while Yuvraj, to put it in layman's terms, bowls pies and gets wickets off the batsmen misjudging the delivery and/or holing out playing stupid shots. Gayle is a full on all rounder, plus has the burden of captaincy, while Yuvraj is still a part time bowler.

His batting is among the most explosive in the game as well. I'd take him in test match cricket, but ODI/T20 cricket is debatable. Best solution= have both and throw Virender Sehwag into the mix as well :D.

May be spinners can do the job for pacers if you ask this.
Indians surely lag of pacers, who take wickets when required.
We should have a strike bowler like Tait or someone so that some heads of our opponents should get injured and automatically, he'll grow as a wicket taker.

You are talking rubbish. Simply bowling fast is not going to take Test wickets, ask Shaun Tait, if you don't believe me. Moreover, even our fastest bowlers are merely fast medium by the standards of other countries, so they will not blast batsmen out. To say that a 130kph pacer cannot take wickets is to ignore the greats of the game; Mcgrath, Ambrose, Pollock, etc.

Yuvraj, to put it in layman's terms, bowls pies and gets wickets off the batsmen misjudging the delivery and/or holing out playing stupid shots.

That's the general point of a spinner...

You are talking rubbish. Simply bowling fast is not going to take Test wickets, ask Shaun Tait, if you don't believe me. Moreover, even our fastest bowlers are merely fast medium by the standards of other countries, so they will not blast batsmen out. To say that a 130kph pacer cannot take wickets is to ignore the greats of the game; Mcgrath, Ambrose, Pollock, etc.

I even agree with you.
But someone should be in the team who will bowl upto 145 at least.

But someone should be in the team who will bowl upto 145 at least.

But why? Pace without quality in Test cricket is nothing; Shaun Tait and Nantie Hayward answer that one. As long as a pace bowler bowls at over 120kph (so, is not obscenely slow and actually benefits from slow tracks by way of attrition, which will not be as successful at Test level), then looking to add speed as a multiple of domestic performances, when considering international performances, is a highly inaccurate thing to do, in the long term.

Please read that paragraph, because that explains my views on the matter in full.

are your sri lankan or india? ^ =S

I'm Lankan.

Mike23 added 9 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

He's always doing that to Sri Lanka even though he supports them.

I said that because Mendis has looked out of form lately and india has already decoded the 'mystery' besides it would be pointless playing 3 spinners as it would increase the tail.

Mike23 added 1 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

He will be superflop this series.

I can't agree more.

Users who are viewing this thread