Tournment Ends

Both teams are well balanced, though India have home advantage, but I feel they should not take SL lightly, they have good player...should be a good series like the Aus series...

Maybe, but the thought of Dilshan, Sangakkara, Jayawardene and Samaraweera scares me :(.

I dont think so. I havent seen Sri Lanka perform big in alien conditions in recent times (or anytime if I may say). But India has performed very well in Australia, New Zealand. etc in test cricket recently.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

That is probably the best top 5 in international cricket!

Sad that pretty soon this is going to be dismantled. We are playing 5 more tests in this season and these 5 tests will the only tests we play before the 2011 World Cup. Maybe this top 5 will have only 5 more tests together. By 2011, atleast 2 might not be there for us (I am definitely thinking that Dravid will call it off first).

Sad that pretty soon this is going to be dismantled. We are playing 5 more tests in this season and these 5 tests will the only tests we play before the 2011 World Cup. Maybe this top 5 will have only 5 more tests together. By 2011, atleast 2 might not be there for us (I am definitely thinking that Dravid will call it off first).

Absolutely disgraceful if you ask me. Massive disservice to players like Laxman and Dravid. Can't believe that these might be three of Dravid's last 5 tests... Cricket won't be the same for me without Rahul Dravid. I'm a bigger fan of Dravid than even Tendulkar. I don't think he'll retire after these 5 though. I mean, retiring vs Bangladesh? Come on.

I don't think he will. He'll continue playing IPL till 40 and a little beyond like Kumble. Dravid's been the most fit cricketer in the history of Indian cricket, so I think he'll be playing Tests and domestic for 3-4 years too.

Params7 added 1 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

1. Virender Sehwag
2. Gautam Gambhir
3. Rahul Dravid
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. VVS Laxman
6. Subramanium Badrinath :upray
7. MS Dhoni
8. Harbhajan Singh
9. Amit Mishra
10. Zaheer Khan
11. Sreesanth

Would win us anything.

Haha yeah, I hope Sreesanth gets the first game. Pumped to see Zaheer back too.

Do you think they will pick Sreesanth over Ishant? Dhoni doesnt like Sree, and he seems to be losing confidence in Ishant. But I think he might go for Ishant because his recent loss of form were in the shorter format. Its not proved that the bad form passes on into test matches.

Good thing is, all three fast bowlers are good enough to be in the starting XI. And even among the spinners, all three are good enough to be there. So the selection is going to be interesting. Maybe they might not take Yuvraj/Badri in and go for five bowlers.

Absolutely disgraceful if you ask me. Massive disservice to players like Laxman and Dravid. Can't believe that these might be three of Dravid's last 5 tests... Cricket won't be the same for me without Rahul Dravid. I'm a bigger fan of Dravid than even Tendulkar. I don't think he'll retire after these 5 though. I mean, retiring vs Bangladesh? Come on.

Absolutely. I hope the BCCI can squeeze in some more tests or maybe Dravid can play beyond 2011 and play more tests before retirement. When is our next tour to Australia? Wasnt it supposed to be in 2011?

Edit: Just checked the ICC Future Tours Programme (http://static.cricinfo.com/db/DOWNLOAD/0000/0045/ftp_2006_2012.pdf). We are hosting South Africa in February-March for 3 tests and 5 ODI's. If thats right, the two tests vs Bangladesh wont be Dravid's last. And there are also two tests vs Zimbabwe in the FTP. But I read a recent article on Cricinfo that the 2 tests vs Bangladesh will be the only ones India play next year. Which one is right? Or are they talking about home tests? Even then, we host SA for 3 tests at home.

INDIA WIN TOSS AND BAT FIRST!! GO SACHIN..... Mark your 20 years achievement with a hundred!

Last edited:
Oh GOD:facepalm
Ishant again!!!!:doh
When will Dhoni going to learn?

Ishant's recent poor form were in ODI's and Twenty20, not test cricket. He still remains a reliable and good bowler for India in test matches. He had a good series in New Zealand the last time India played test cricket. Its not a bad decision at all. In fact it was expected!

What is Sri Lanka thinking, not playing Kulasekara or Thushara?

What is Sri Lanka thinking, not playing Kulasekara or Thushara?

I know its absolutely bizarre.. I can understand Kulasekara maybe coz his pace is pretty low but Thushara was a must he was easily the best quick bowler in the recent home series with NZ and PAK.. What is going on..

And no mendis? I dont know about that even though he maybe figured out i would've thought they wouldve given him the first Test atleast to see whats up in a 3 match series.

Doesn't look very good. Welegedara and Prasad are way too inexperienced to share an attack. Prasad was horrible at home this season.

Users who are viewing this thread