Tournment Ends

Guys today dravid was involved in two century partnerships
is that record of some kind??

Its happened on numerous occassions in Test cricket.

Don`t do that! :doh This is why people try to irritate Indian fans on the forums.

Not that actually. People dont like the way Indian fans celebrate their team and its success. They have this set of standards on how people should behave, celebrate, etc and if someone is different, they dont like it and so since they cant stop them from doing it, they try to rebuke them so as to make themselves feel better (and feel as if they have extracted revenge)!

We (India) definitely rock! Thats true.

Thing to note is Dravid's SR today..despite being under pressure from being 32-4 :
http://www.cricinfo.com/indvsl2009/engine/current/match/430881.html

'One of my most fluent efforts' - Rahul Dravid | Cricket News | India v Sri Lanka 2009/10 | Cricinfo.com
On the opening day of the Ashes in 2002-03, after Nasser Hussain had sent Australia in to bat, Matthew Hayden set the agenda for an utterly one-sided contest, powering his way to an unbeaten 186 out of 364 for 2. On the first day at Motera, Rahul Dravid finished with 177 of the 371 runs that India scored after he arrived at the crease. Hayden faced 255 balls at the Gabba that day. Dravid faced four fewer. Hayden scored 104 of his runs in boundaries (23 fours and two sixes), while Dravid took 110 from strokes to or over the fence (26 fours and a six).

And the way he celebrated his 100..that's not how he celebrates. He came out with the intention to prove something today and that he did. That just sends the message back to the selectors to not disrespect him again or he'll make them look bad again. Just because Dravid doesn't embrace the media like all other cricketers do doesn't mean he won't mind being treated like garbage, when he's on a Legend status.
Hope he gets the double now.

Params7 added 7 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

so is there a record on most century partnerships in a match all involving 1 player??

Yeah :
Dravid has also been involved in more than 75 century partnerships with 18 different partners — a world record.

Rahul Dravid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Not that actually. People dont like the way Indian fans celebrate their team and its success. They have this set of standards on how people should behave, celebrate, etc and if someone is different, they dont like it and so since they cant stop them from doing it, they try to rebuke them so as to make themselves feel better (and feel as if they have extracted revenge)!

We (India) definitely rock! Thats true.

We rock buddies :banana2

;)

whos this Uda Walawwe Mahim Bandaralage Chanaka Asanga Welegedara

whos this Uda Walawwe Mahim Bandaralage Chanaka Asanga Welegedara

no one really knows because his name won't on a standard A4 sheet of paper so all birth certificates and official documents are incomplete.

he made his debut against england back in 07 I think but when the next oppertunity appeared he'd had some bad domestic form and was over-looked. He was very good domestically and in the CT for wayamba lately though.

Dravid you beauty. Both him and Dhoni were due an innings like this in Test Cricket. But our top order - :doh

I think Dravid is back to his old best.

Hope Bhajji can chip in tomorrow and get us near to 500 maybe?

Dhoni's average is now above 39. Really pleased about that, hopefully at the end of this series he can puff it up to 40. Averages of 40 and 50 will truly show what a great player he is.

Dhoni's average is now above 39. Really pleased about that, hopefully at the end of this series he can puff it up to 40. Averages of 40 and 50 will truly show what a great player he is.

Already people call him as "playing for his average". Its very rare for an Indian great player to get the due that he deserves. There will be a group to downplay his achievements everytime.

Just watched the highlights. It was a very impressive knock from Dravid. Almost flawless! Yuvraj had luck play some part because some of his edges and mistiming worked in his favor. Dhoni's innings showed why he is such a beast in ODI's. He was a little slower here for the tests, but still he can keep the strike rotating and can get the odd boundary and six to maintain the strike rate. Dhoni has the chance to end up as one of our biggest ODI players, after the likes of Sachin Tendulkar, Dravid and Ganguly.

There's no need to lose hope this soon. Dravid and Yuvraj are still at the crease, and there's Dhoni to follow. Harbhajan and Zaheer can bat as well. (Remember the first test between India and Australia last year?) Who knows? These people might put up something really big on the scorecard and steer us to a formidable total. I'm still pretty optimistic and I don't get why I shouldn't be. Test is a five day game, and this is just the start.

What did I tell ya guys! :D

Really, what an innings from Dravid! I guess no adjective in this world is enough to describe it's beauty and worth! :clap Those who didn't see him in action today don't know what they have missed. The guy has again proved that no matter how old you might be, class never dies. Our batting order was staring at yet another mass humiliation by a crap bowling attack, when he walked into the crease. After that, the way he fought, and the way he held our innings together...it was, in PC language, just Epic! Oh well, with this innings, the guy has entered the 11,000 Test runs club. I always rated Dravid highly, but to be frank, after this fabulous knock my respect for him has increased ten folds!

Well now, as the match stands, we should get to at least 450 tomorrow. Can't dream of anything below it even in my nightmares. 500 is tough, but isn't impossible either. Remember, Mr Dependable is still there, and both Vajji and Zak can bat pretty well!

King Cricket added 2 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

And the way he celebrated his 100..that's not how he celebrates. He came out with the intention to prove something today and that he did. That just sends the message back to the selectors to not disrespect him again or he'll make them look bad again.

So true. A cricketer's main weapon is his bat. And Dravid's bat today gave the fitting reply to the selectors for all the injustices he had to face from them. Well done, RD!

Don't give yourself too much importance or anything like that :sarcasm

Just start talking some sense. Even on the flattest of tracks, fighting back from a 32/4 hole to end up with a counterattacking effort of close to 400 at stumps is commendable. Anyone who loves test match cricket would appreciate that this has been an exciting day of cricket. Can`t wait for Day 2 to start (although I do not get to watch it live since Iam in my lab doing work).

Had this been Australia who had achieved this feat with Ponting and Haddin doing the rearguard action, you`d be lauding their efforts. Stop being biased. Teams could easily fold up inside 200 after a rough start like India had today and it takes lot of character to fight back from that position.

sorry mate. But you have to be either blind or someone who wouldnt care to go through the comment before quoting it. where have i said that india played badly today? Phew i am criticising murali there . Cant you see?

Users who are viewing this thread