Tournment Ends

What a day of cricket it was ! It wasnt telecasted in DD,so couldnt watch the match live.A terrific innings from Dravid.The guy has still got it in him.Dhoni and Yuvraj supported him well aswell.Very sad I missed watching Dravid on song.

Last edited:
Cant Wait for dravids half century :banana2:banana2:banana2
O Hail Dravid :hpraise

Whoa!! What a comeback then from india!

One thing for sure is time for murali to retire with dignity !! He has become worser than Bhajji nowadays!!!

Sachin Tendulkar getting only 4 on a Flattest of batting tracks!!! :laugh

Only 5 tests this year , he better score atleast 200 runs... coz Punter is on the prowl from 26th ....:laugh

Great comback by India after 32/4 and Draviad The Legend of Test Cricket :hpraise. But I dont think anyone would expected that India will score at 4.27 r.p.o and scpre 386/6 after major collapse.

One thing for sure is time for murali to retire with dignity !! He has become worser than Bhajji nowadays!!!

Only 5 tests this year , he better score atleast 200 runs... coz Punter is on the prowl from 26th ....:laugh

In the morning, the wicket had quite some juice in it and with the new ball, Welegedera was making it talk and prised out Sehwag, Gambhir and Tendulkar. You seem to continue your nonsense in another India thread now.

Murali has not even completed his innings and he has to retire? You should never be a judge in a court.... You will make possibly the worst ever judge!! Doling out decisions even before the lawyers have presented their cases.

this track is flat, Sri Lanka should still worry as their batsman can be a bit unpredictable, but if their good players play well they won't have any trouble replying with 500+

In the morning, the wicket had quite some juice in it and with the new ball, Welegedera was making it talk and prised out Sehwag, Gambhir and Tendulkar. You seem to continue your nonsense in another India thread now.

Murali has not even completed his innings and he has to retire? You should never be a judge in a court.... You will make possibly the worst ever judge!! Doling out decisions even before the lawyers have presented their cases.

There was some movement initially but everyone knows that this pitch is a road!! Did you even listen to commentry?
Bruce yardley was quoted saying that Murali is unable to spin the ball nowadays which he used to do even in the first day of a test match!! I think he has a very valid point!! The fizz is definately lacking in him!

Just start talking some sense. Even on the flattest of tracks, fighting back from a 32/4 hole to end up with a counterattacking effort of close to 400 at stumps is commendable. Anyone who loves test match cricket would appreciate that this has been an exciting day of cricket. Can`t wait for Day 2 to start (although I do not get to watch it live since Iam in my lab doing work).

Had this been Australia who had achieved this feat with Ponting and Haddin doing the rearguard action, you`d be lauding their efforts. Stop being biased. Teams could easily fold up inside 200 after a rough start like India had today and it takes lot of character to fight back from that position.

Just start talking some sense. Even on the flattest of tracks, fighting back from a 32/4 hole to end up with a counterattacking effort of close to 400 at stumps is commendable. Anyone who loves test match cricket would appreciate that this has been an exciting day of cricket. Can`t wait for Day 2 to start (although I do not get to watch it live since Iam in my lab doing work).

Had this been Australia who had achieved this feat with Ponting and Haddin doing the rearguard action, you`d be lauding their efforts. Stop being biased. Teams could easily fold up inside 200 after a rough start like India had today and it takes lot of character to fight back from that position.

Absolutely. Dravid played a classic innings, and Yuvi-Mahi gave me great support. Its one of Dhoni's really satisfying innings. Harbhajan cant be trusted everytime, and Zaheer is coming back after injury and he has never been trusted as a batsman. So after Dhoni, it was the tail. Two more wickets and India could have folded up for 150 or less and Sri Lanka would have got the best of conditions to bat India out of the match. Now India have a chance to bat Sri Lanka out of the match.

Indian bowlers and their reverse swing will play a crucial part in the match. In our last home series, the Australian bowlers were unable to get reverse swing easily but the Indian bowlers got it so early into their innings. If that happens, SL are in big trouble.

Feel so happy for Dravid. Reminds me of the Dravid of Adelaide, Rawalpindi, Kolkatta. If we win here, this innings is right up there amongst those ones.

Guys today dravid was involved in two century partnerships
is that record of some kind??

Users who are viewing this thread