Tournment Ends

Some repair being performed by Dravid and Yuvi. They need to keep this up, hopefully take us above 200.

Nice to see some test cricket in India after a long time although not the greatest of starts for India but lets not write them off too quickly. This is test cricket and there is all the time in the world for a side to fight back.

Those watching this live, is the wicket a sporting one? If it is so, this could turn out to be an engrossing battle. We need to put up a challenging total on the board, at least 270 odd to start off with and then build from there on. This has all the makings of a good test series. Just hope that good crowds turn up because when the crowd is small in stadia with huge capacity like Ahmedabad, it looks worse. And whose idea was it to start a test match on a Monday which means it`ll be over before te weekend! They are doing all they can to kill test match cricket.
iam against playing test cricket at places like Ahmedabad. Keep test cricket to Kanpur, Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore and Delhi (although I hate that stadium:facepalm).

^Crowd's pretty good still considering its a Monday morning over there and all those people probably skipped their job to see this match.

^Crowd's pretty good still considering its a Monday morning over there and all those people probably skipped their job to see this match.

Which is why it is more baffling to see the game start on a Monday. It should almost always start on a Thursday or a Friday or even on a Saturday to ensure that the test match has at least 2 days which fall weekends. Absolutely foolish scheduling in a day and age where the T20 threat looms large. Scheduling like this will do test cricket no good at all.

Last edited:
Dhoni needs to play a controlled innings here. He is our last batsman left, and everything depends on Dravid and him now. (Vajji and Zak sure can bat though! :D)

King Cricket added 18 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Keep test cricket to Kanpur, Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore and Delhi

Has been nearly three years since a Test match was last played in Kolkata. *sigh* Screw you BCCI! It has been such a long long time since I last visited Eden. What to do? Absolutely no cricket here, just because of the stupid politics between Pawar and Dalmiya. One of the greatest stadiums of the world being neglected like this! Feel so sad.

Brillant innings so far from Dravid. He had to dig India out of a hole early on and with Yuvraj Singh he has really turned the game back India's way.

Great innings from Dravid, but foolish selection from the Sri Lankans, Indians play bowlers like Herath in their sleep, total waste of time picking him for this series.

Its funny how all the old Indian batsman are on the verge of being dropped, and then make a ton against Sri Lanka.

And Jayasuriya does the same against India.
:doh

Its funny how all the old Indian batsman are on the verge of being dropped, and then make a ton against Sri Lanka.

You`ve watched very little cricket then. Its like saying that Warne only took wickets against England or that the Aussie batsmen only scored runs against England and NZ. As if they have`nt made tons against anyone else. Except for Sehwag, noone scored a ton in the last series against Sri Lanka. The last test series against Lanka before that was back in 2005.

Don`t know what you were blabbering there. In fact Indian batsmen tend to score more runs against Australia than anyone else. Just check the last 3 series stats and you`ll know what I`m talking about.

Dravid, for the record had a good series in NZ and had just scored a hundred against England in India before that. He was`nt on the verge of being dropped before this knock.

India have taken control from what was a disastrous start. Dravid and Yuvraj have helped India onto a very good score 352/5. Sri Lanka have collapsed in since their brilliant start.

Who are you talking about? Dravid? Verge of being dropped in test cricket, my foot! Dravid has been in superb form in test cricket in his last 5 innings, including a hundred against England and atleast 3-4 half centuries.

Masterful innings, he is batting supremely! Shravi - your wish at the beginning of the game has come true. I am truly surprised. I expected India to fold up for below 100. But the old 'rock solid' Dravid IS BACK! Yuvraj and Dhoni have given Dravid amazing support. MSD is on the verge of his own hundred here.... Very very well done!

Now that we are doing well, all those bickering about the SL bowlers not being up to scratch will come up. Russell Arnold mentioned that Thushara is dropped due to injury. Mendis has not been the same bowler in recent times that he once used to be. I guess Herath has been a good spinner for SL in recent times and thats why he is picked over Mendis who has lost the mystery. Had he been picked, India would have fed off him even more.

I think India have a good enough score here, but they would love to have 450 and above on the board to really have a dominant position in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread