Tournment Ends

Injury and poor form are the two possible reasons. But they haven't made any official announcements yet.

Well both Kulasekara and Thushara were excellent against New Zealand a few months back, Prasad was fairly average though.

Strange.

Why was half the bowling attack that played New Zealand dropped?

Apparently Thushara has a niggle but Kulasekara was dropped. Golly Welegedara has come along in leaps and bounds from the last time i saw him. The one he got Sachin with was a absolute beauty. That'll go in his vault for sure. When i first saw him a few years ago he was much quicker and not accurate and now he's dropped in pace and is swinging it much like Vaas at his peak.

This game is far from over. Dravid is the key wickent and Yuvraj and Dhoni can take the game away from anyone within a session so lots more to do. I have doubts on our top order of late especially when the ball is moving around.

we are all in 20/20 mode............:spy

We shouldn't be, actually. It's not a time to hit fours and boundaries. It's a time when they push the ball for singles and twos and build a decent partnership. They shouldn't really try to accelerate now, as we are already four down for such a low score. There's no need to take any extra risk in such a crucial situation.

There's no need to lose hope this soon. Dravid and Yuvraj are still at the crease, and there's Dhoni to follow. Harbhajan and Zaheer can bat as well. (Remember the first test between India and Australia last year?) Who knows? These people might put up something really big on the scorecard and steer us to a formidable total. I'm still pretty optimistic and I don't get why I shouldn't be. Test is a five day game, and this is just the start.

Agreed. :)

Params7 added 5 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

India haven't played Tests in a while. So this happening is not surprising. But its far from over yet.

Looked like some players were still in ODI mode! Nice start so far but they will want to clean up the rest.

what else is new, Laxman out to a off cutter. When that guy bats against pace bowlers it looks like his feet are stuck in concrete. The formula for dismissing this guy should be easy.

Users who are viewing this thread