Tournment Ends

actually it didn't, it was discovered really really early in his career. and he still hasn't fixed that, huge flaw in his game.

What are you trying to prove? He gets out to a decent delivery in which his flaw was exposed! Should we call for scalp now? A bit late dont you think? considering hes managed to hide it for most of his long career..........:sarcasm

What are you trying to prove? He gets out to a decent delivery in which his flaw was exposed! Should we call for scalp now? A bit late dont you think? considering hes managed to hide it for most of his long career..........:sarcasm

I don't think he's trying to prove anything, he's just making the point that Laxman has had a very long career and has been able to get away with a flaw like that.

Not only did he complete 11,000 runs in tests.

He is also the fifth highest run getter tests now. Just a few reasons why I believe Dravid is equal to Sachin in tests. You don't have to agree with me, but I am not going to change my opinion so don't bother trying to tell me otherwise ;).

Cant deny that. Dravid is as good as Sachin in tests. Though I enjoy watching more, Dravid is on the same level, no less.

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

I don't think he's trying to prove anything, he's just making the point that Laxman has had a very long career and has been able to get away with a flaw like that.

Sehwag has quite a few flaws too. But the guy has had a great test career. Laxman has the flaw, but he has also managed to have a very good test career. These days, technique doesnt matter much.

This is the future of test cricket. Guys don't even have the mode of playing a defensive innings anymore and none of the defensive batsmen left get picked. 4 runs an over will be the standard. Even Dravid is batting at a strikerate of 70 and hitting sixes against a spinner in their first over. It's for the better though, more results can only be a good thing for tests.

what Howsie said.

srikarr you got issues or something? what the problem is?

I know Yuvraj came in in a tough situation, made a good score and all that and helped India, but I'm not convinced at all. He survived like 4 chances in the slips/fine leg region and a couple of uppish drives going just wide of fielders just to make 68. He was playing all the standard one day shots, sure some of them were awesome, but he got out on a poor premeditated shot like always. Not saying that there isn't a ton of luck in basically every good score but he just has a technique and style that's always going to average 35 or so in Test cricket and India have better players than that who can't get in the side.

Also SL bowled horribly after the first 10 overs. I know it was a flat track but they just lacked a good plan. Can't believe how badly the spinners got pounded. I hope Murali hasn't come to the end of the line and he's just rusty/coming back from injury, would be best for a champion like him to go out on his own terms.

Last edited:
So, any news yet on why the Lankans decided to drop most of their frontline bowlers yesterday? Thushara was injured I know, but what about the others?

This is the future of test cricket. Guys don't even have the mode of playing a defensive innings anymore and none of the defensive batsmen left get picked. 4 runs an over will be the standard. Even Dravid is batting at a strikerate of 70 and hitting sixes against a spinner in their first over. It's for the better though, more results can only be a good thing for tests.

The fast scoring has really helped us get more results in tests (there were some recent statistic articles that showed that test cricket has started getting more results as the run rates have gone up).

Dravid starts with a maiden. We need 450 here with good help from Dravid and Harbhajan.

Damn!! Dravid is OUT for no score (i.e. no addition on the 2nd day). Our hopes of 450 has suffered a blow. Zak and Bhaj need to get back those partnerships that they had which helped India survive quite a few times.

Last edited:
Damn that sucks. Dravid's gone, bet he's really disappointed with himself. :crying

The fast scoring has really helped us get more results in tests (there were some recent statistic articles that showed that test cricket has started getting more results as the run rates have gone up).

Dravid starts with a maiden. We need 450 here with good help from Dravid and Harbhajan.

Hehe, you keep jinxing us.

Hehe, you keep jinxing us.

He he... Thats been my bad luck always whenever I am at PC following an India match.:facepalm

India will fold up within another 10 runs....Lets see if I can jinx them on the opposite.

you stated it like as if he has major problem with his batting, nothing like what howsie said.

that is a flaw in his batting, he seems to get out allot to that kind of delivery. I thought it would be obvious to people, especially a Indian fan.

quote me where I said Laxman has major problems with his batting.

India recovered well but they will be disappointed that they lost their way towards the end. Tail didn't really fire to make up for the failures by the batsmen but still another innings to come and 400 on the board.

that is a flaw in his batting, he seems to get out allot to that kind of delivery. I thought it would be obvious to people, especially a Indian fan.

he seems to get out a lot with that delivery? I dont think so, with that kind of flaw you wouldnt last 10 balls.

quote me where I said Laxman has major problems with his batting.

you didnt say it but you implied that he had.

Users who are viewing this thread