Tournment Ends

Dhoni FTW. As captain, he really needs to take more responsibility and bat higher up the order. He's definitely the best batsman in the team bar Tendulkar, and now he's become the most consistent.

give me Dravid ahead of any current Indian test batsman and you can have Dhoni.

shades of cardiff in this match so far.

first team puts on a decent 400+ score, but with evidence more was to be made. Second team do lose and early wicket but from there power on.

Sri lankan win is not off the cards.

I can see this going the same route as many India-Sri Lanka test matches have gone. You can expect 2 of Samaraweera,Jayawardena and Sanga to score a big one along with Dilshan to pile up 550+

aditya123 added 8 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

I have said this plenty of times before and I reiterate this again. Its time Harbhajan gets dropeed. We must start playing with just one spinner and look to prepare more sporting wickets for tests. Unless its a rank turner, we should only play one spinner and drop Harby who is really poor as far as wicket taking goes. He is blocking better bowlers like Ojha or Chawla or even Murali Karthik`s place.

Its unfair to ask the pace bowling burden to be shared b just 2 fast bowlers in these Indian conditions. Harbhajan is`nt going to win you matches anyway.

Did you all notice that ishanth changed his bowling action a bit???

2 wickets in 2 overs for Zak. Is he truely back?

and now sanga, if india can snatch another sri lanka are in trouble actually. they don't have the run scorers in the lower order that india have. not really super confident mathews is up to putting on a double hundred partnership.

damn.

I`m really worried about the Indian think-tank feeling that Harbhajan is indispensable. Its time we make him sit out for a few games because he is really bowling to contain and not to pick up wickets and in the process doing neither. I have more faith in a 3-pace attack of Zak,Ishant and Sree to pick up wickets than Harbhajan on a dead track. With Mishra/Ojha to assist the 3 seamer, it could form a good attack with potential to pick up wickets.

A two man spin attack is`nt serving any purpose for us.

both teams would have been better with 3 man pace attack.

when you think SL had kulasekara, thushara and malinga out this test was there for the taking.

both teams would have been better with 3 man pace attack.

when you think SL had kulasekara, thushara and malinga out this test was there for the taking.

Kulasekara was dropped and they don`t seem to play Mallinga in test cricket these days. It was only Tushara who was injured.

I don't know why malinga is not tried, i think recently it was due to fitness, maybe they want to see him play a few first class games.

but I wasn't suggesting they were not available, I mean simply that they're not on the pitch. SL were always going to use two spinners.

Dhoni has to bring back one of the pacers here or bring Sehwag into bowl if he is fit. Harbhajan and Mishra are leaking too many runs here and have nullified the grip India had managed to get after the twin strikes.

Pathetic stuff from the spinners.

Users who are viewing this thread