Tournment Ends

Dilshan and SL aiming for 150 run lead. That would effectively end all hopes of an Indian win, which could still be possible if we get a few wickets tomorrow, courtesy of Zaheer's super second spell yesterday.

Angelo Mathews is a capable batsman and Prasanna has improved his batting over the past year or so. Mathews does average 46 in his 4 tests and 55 in domestic cricket.

both teams would have been better with 3 man pace attack.

when you think SL had kulasekara, thushara and malinga out this test was there for the taking.

SL are already playing 3 pacers remember?

sri lankas are in control of this match. i dont see how can they loss from this now. it will take some play form ind to save the game now with time in hand

sri lankas are in control of this match. i dont see how can they loss from this now. it will take some play form ind to save the game now with time in hand

Too early to say that, especially when Sri Lanka are still 118 runs behind India. India saving the game? We are still in a position from where we can win.

Too early to say that, especially when Sri Lanka are still 118 runs behind India. India saving the game? We are still in a position from where we can win.

well buddy ur forgeting that SL have 7 wickets in hand 118 behind. and it will not be easy to bad in day 4 and 5 with murali and herath around. we do miss mendis by the way

Its a flat track but India will need something special from here on to stay in the game with all the time that is left here. If they could restrict the Lankan lead to about 50, then we could be in with a chance.

Its Sri Lanka`s game from here on though unless they do something foolish.

well buddy ur forgeting that SL have 7 wickets in hand 118 behind. and it will not be easy to bad in day 4 and 5 with murali and herath around. we do miss mendis by the way

Yeah I know that. But at 118 runs still to get to cover up the deficit, your call was too early.

Right now, definitely its slipping out of India's hands (the win). If Sri Lanka can get to a 150 lead by tonight, we are definitely going to face the prospect of trying to save the match. It was a bad decision to start with two spinners today. On Day 1 & 2 in the morning, Welegedera caused good damage even though both times he had the new ball. Zaheer and Ishant came in too late.

forgive me if some one likes mishra, but he dose not seems like a much of a match winner for me. why is he in the team. is he good with the bat!!! i am sure there are good spinners in india ..

Yeah I know that. But at 118 runs still to get to cover up the deficit, your call was too early.

Right now, definitely its slipping out of India's hands (the win). If Sri Lanka can get to a 150 lead by tonight, we are definitely going to face the prospect of trying to save the match. It was a bad decision to start with two spinners today. On Day 1 & 2 in the morning, Welegedera caused good damage even though both times he had the new ball. Zaheer and Ishant came in too late.

We must try and bowl them out within the next 100 runs or so. A first innings lead of 50 would be a good effort from the Indians and would open up the game much more.
If Sri Lanka get bowled out in the next session or lose 3-4 wickets in the next session for say, 90 runs, the game is wide open. That would leave India with a session to wipe out the deficit and it would be a second innings match with 2 days to play. It would be great if something like that happens.

forgive me if some one likes mishra, but he dose not seems like a much of a match winner for me. why is he in the team. is he good with the bat!!! i am sure there are good spinners in india ..

Mishra has looked good in the previous test matches he has bowled. One innings is very early to pass judgement on him.

Good wicket there for Bhajji. Still 51 runs adrift and 5 more wickets. If we can keep SL to less than 50 runs of lead, it would be decent enough.

Mishra is an exciting talend. He has`nt been anywhere near his best in this game. Anybody can have a bad game. Look at some of his bowling performances in his debut series against the Aussies and those were not on spin friendly pitches. His debut 5-er at Mohali was on a totally dead track.

Mishra is an exciting talend. He has`nt been anywhere near his best in this game. Anybody can have a bad game. Look at some of his bowling performances in his debut series against the Aussies and those were not on spin friendly pitches. His debut 5-er at Mohali was on a totally dead track.

ok then i have not seen him before thats what. as far as i can see he bowls it bit too short and too slow in this match.. spacially when u bowl in a track like this, you need to be bit fast in the air. then only batters will not advance down to you..

ok then i have not seen him before thats what. as far as i can see he bowls it bit too short and too slow in this match.. spacially when u bowl in a track like this, you need to be bit fast in the air. then only batters will not advance down to you..

Sri Lankans are very good players of spin and I would thus not be too harsh on him on the basis of just one bad inning.

aditya123 added 19 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

I see simply no reason why he has`nt brought back one of the seamers from one end. We`ve seen time and again in this test match that bowling spinners in tandem has not worked for either side.

Poor strategy from Dhoni, especially when Mishra is leaking far too many runs, way too quickly for India`s liking. Sri Lanka will race past the Indian total at this pace and we`ll have a huge task saving this game from then on.

Users who are viewing this thread