Tournment Ends

Nobodies like Prasad and that other guy (don't even know his name) can rip through our stacked top order, yet Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma, Harbhajan and Amit Mishra cannot contain a relatively inexperienced Siril side? Something is wrong here.

On a wicket like this having a guy like Prasad who comes in and bowls at 140+ kph makes a difference. And Welegedara has had about the same speed as Sharma and Ishant but he was also able to get the ball in the right spots.
He also did well in his previous test in Sri Lankan conditions, he bowled a couple of good spells and got key wickets against England. I was surprised when he got dropped after that series.

In case anyone missed it, this is a record 6th wicket partnership by Sri Lanka against anyone.

CaptainOZ added 2 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

Century for the other Jayawardene, 250 partnership too.

congrats to Prasanna, truly the best WK in tests today. Happy for him, his spot was in question and he has sealed it for a while now.

The way Sri Lanka are dealing it to the Indians is what Australia will do to the West Indies. Another boring summer of cricket here against the Windies - no challenge :facepalm

The way Sri Lanka are dealing it to the Indians is what Australia will do to the West Indies. Another boring summer of cricket here against the Windies - no challenge :facepalm

well you can speak before the test start but I will hold it of until then.

saisrini80; said:
But I wish they remain positive and keep the confidence up. You never know. A flurry of wickets in the morning and a typically aggressive but long Sehwag knock can still change things around.

If we win this match, then the Sun will rise in the west and set in the east from tomorrow. It's simply impossible! Even a draw looks a tad difficult at this stage. The way a bowler, with an experience of just one match, sent shivers down the spines of our batsmen in the first innings...it was not at all an encouraging sight, was it? What if this happens again in the second innings? Sri Lanka will probably declare within a few hours from now; the declaration might well come before lunch. And if that really happens, then they will have more than a day to wrap us up. After watching our first innings disaster live, I cannot be too optimistic about our chances of survivng this long in front of a lethal Sri Lankan bowling attack.

Last edited:
well you can speak before the test start but I will hold it of until then.

Have you seen the first Tour match? West Indies all out for 270, and our domestic side are currently 300/1.

And now Gayle has gone home.

I rest my case.

Welegedara is in his 2nd test ;)

Have you seen the first Tour match? West Indies all out for 270, and our domestic side are currently 300/1.

And now Gayle has gone home.

I rest my case.

have you seen the way England talked before their tour of the Caribbean? I rest my case

But England aren't Australia, are they.

My case is now so rested that it's in a coma.

no they arent but they were expected to rout the WI 4-0 and win every test by a innings and look what ended up happening. Like the saying says dont count your chickens before they hatch.
Obviously Australia are huge favorites but at least the WI might not end up rolling over and playing dead during a test. They might actually put up a fight.

anyways this is India vs Sri Lanka. bring it to the WI vs Aussies thread if you want to talk about it.

But England aren't Australia, are they.

England most definitly is not Australia , they don't have the Ashes.

Andrew-Strauss-Ashes-Win-2009-Kiss-The-Urn.jpg

England most definitly is not Australia , they don't have the Ashes.

For the record, I don't like the Australian cricket team.

As for the series against the Windies, no contest.

With regard to the Sri Lanka India game, there are a few records at stake here:

1. Mahela to get another triple ton?
2. 6th wicket partnership record
3. Mahela is close to 9000 runs
4. Can SL get 800? :p

CaptainOZ added 2 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

No not owned, Dare. You were losing the argument and latched onto Hmarka's reply. Sorry :noway

Users who are viewing this thread