Tournment Ends

No not owned, Dare. You were losing the argument and latched onto Hmarka's reply. Sorry :noway

lol losing what argument? When were we arguing?

250+ and sri lanka should declare. give them a good chance to have a go at India.

Last edited:
The batsmen might step up the pace here now. As soon as Mahela is out, they'll declare. 4 and a half sessions to bowl India out.

CaptainOZ added 4 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

Mahela with 9000 Test runs

These two now have the second highest ever 6th wicket partnership. Just 24 runs more to beat Bradman and Fingleton!!

Can't believe a record from that far is still in tact. But you can always trust in SL to break them, not many records they don't own.

Just 18 more runs now. That record by Bradman and Fingleton was made on New Year's Day in 1937!! :eek:

Sri Lanka should have been giving India the chance to bat now, if they want to win the match. Because seeing the way the pitch is still playing, they will find it a real challenge to get the 10 Indian wickets. I guess they themselves might be looking to break some batting records (their 952 score against India is on the line now). Let them indulge in those stuff and not try to inject any life into this match which has already become dead.

Definitely SL have bowled better than India on this pitch and got those 4 wickets on both Day 1 and Day 2 morning sessions. India need to really learn from the opposition's performance. Even on lifeless tracks, you can show some good positive attitude and stem the run flow and do something to keep the opposition's score down. Not with this team. They have completely lost all the fuel in their body and seem to be going through the motions.

I hope they don't declare. Give these two batsmen a chance to put another 80 on the board in 12-15 overs, perhaps yielding a triple ton for Mahela. India will still need to survive 4 and a half sessions.

Besides, breaking the 6th wicket partenrship record would be pretty cool.

i think that SL should declare now....may wait for the 300 for mahela and declare..

hacker added 1 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Can't believe a record from that far is still in tact. But you can always trust in SL to break them, not many records they don't own.

Dead right :laugh

hacker added 1 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

Sri Lanka should have been giving India the chance to bat now, if they want to win the match. Because seeing the way the pitch is still playing, they will find it a real challenge to get the 10 Indian wickets. I guess they themselves might be looking to break some batting records (their 952 score against India is on the line now). Let them indulge in those stuff and not try to inject any life into this match which has already become dead.

Definitely SL have bowled better than India on this pitch and got those 4 wickets on both Day 1 and Day 2 morning sessions. India need to really learn from the opposition's performance. Even on lifeless tracks, you can show some good positive attitude and stem the run flow and do something to keep the opposition's score down. Not with this team. They have completely lost all the fuel in their body and seem to be going through the motions.

Yeah i don't think that SL can easily get that top order wickets...coz india hv so many class batsmans

If they wait for a Mahela triple,its gonna be a draw.
Face it,as it is it will be a draw.

So let Mahela bat and score 400 and also have another double from Prasanna. SRL have a great chance of posting 1000 here.

If they wait for a Mahela triple,its gonna be a draw.
Face it,as it is it will be a draw.

So let Mahela bat and score 400 and also have another double from Prasanna. SRL have a great chance of posting 1000 here.

My thoughts exactly. Let them eat as much cake as they wish :whip

or they can declare and give their team a good chance of at least trying to win the test. a side with a bowler like Murali in their team should never be counted out.

no not at all things are going to plane for SL. they should bat for a hour and score something like 70-80 runs, and pitch is doing funny things or starting to do so now. and come day 5 it will not be a road to bat for sure. murali must be well rested and fresh to have bit of fun with ind bats

Users who are viewing this thread