Tournment Ends

This is really not the best pitch for test (India's bowling made it more unbearable). That's why we suck out of subcontinent. We need to make some sporting pitch.

However @ match - This is Heading for a draw as far as i think. I don't think we will loose 8 wickets tommorow.
Well done Mishra. It's Stumps day 4.

We have played our best cricket outside the subcontinent in the past few years, at least more exciting cricket. Our bowlers are better suited to overseas conditions than the subcontinent as we are no longer a spin dominant team. Our spin bowling is our weakness contrary to what most people think. Our pace bowling is what has won us our most famous victories since the Ganguly era began. Take your mind back to Trinidad 2002, Headingley 2002, Adelaide 2003, Jo`burg 2006, Jamaica 2006,Perth 2008, Nottingham 2007 or even Galle in 2008 and Rawalpindi 2004. Look at that pattern. In all these test matches we won because of contributions from our pace attack.

We`d be better suited to preparing seamer friendly conditions as it would give our seamers a better chance of getting wickets. These dead tracks nullify our seamers and our spinners are`nt our attacking option these days and hence it only puts too much pressure on our batting. What happens in helpful conditions is that a score of 75 or 90 from a batsman can be a matchwinning effort in the end and with the quality in our batting, you would bank on them to do that more often than not like we saw at Perth in 2008. Our batting set up 330 in the first innings and our bowlers did superbly with some help from the WACA wicket. Even our batsmen would prefer a sporting wicket than these dead ones as it far too often puts more pressure on them to get obscenely huge scores.
Its my view anyway.

Last edited:
We've been using Brett Lee as night watchman haven't we?

The Aussies are a brave lot. They don`t believe in using nightwatchmen.:sarcasm

oh yeah?? what about jason gillispie? record holder?

Sarcasm = :sarcasm

aditya123 added 1 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

No I dont think so.. i can remember clarke coming in a getting out to Amit mishra(last over) in the last test series vs india?

Clarke came in when there was about 10 overs left in the day. He got out to Mishra on the last ball of the day.

Sarcasm = :sarcasm

aditya123 added 1 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

Clarke came in when there was about 10 overs left in the day. He got out to Mishra on the last ball of the day.

:doh

i dont remember tht incident :facepalm

I think the BCCI over compensated this pitch after the Saffers demolished us...

Sehwag as usual played his cricket, but still India needs to bat all the 3 remaining sessions, it will be more difficult because till tea, 16th over, Murli had bowled 3 overs with the new ball, so that tells that on 5th day, the pitch will be really helping spinners, and difficult for bastman..

Mishra played well for the 25 balls he faced, I thought India might loose another wicket here, but that was not the case...anyway, difficult task for India...

Aussies have used nightwatchmen under Ricky Ponting.
However, they rarely used them under Steve Waugh as he despised of the idea. I remember Steve Waugh himself has come out to bat on many such occassions for the Aussies.

India have done well to not lose more wickets. Mishra's survival has made things look good enough for India. We still have Sachin, Laxman, Yuvraj and Dhoni to fight the day out tomorrow for us, and Gambhir is the guy around which the game should hopefully move tomorrow. Draw is the most likely. But cant rule out a Sri Lankan win because we are so much prone to a brain freeze leading to a collapse. 80-20 in favor fo a draw.

P.s: I want to ask Muralitharan if he can give me the power to get whatever I want.... Maybe shoot out all those India haters in one shot in this world! Or maybe make Sachin score six off every ball that he faces in international cricket. After all, he (Murali) is a magician, right!:sarcasm:laugh

Users who are viewing this thread