Tournment Ends

We still have to survive 47 overs with Sachin, Laxman, Yuvraj, Dhoni and Harbhajan. Not a tough ask, but I am worried because the scoring rate has been extremely pathetic and it always gives a chance for SL to sneak in a few wickets and wrap up the game. Cant believe we have batted this slowly today. Also utter stupidity from Gambhir to lose his wicket at such a crucial juncture. Wasted effort!

The Indian batsmen have done no favors for themselves by this deadbat batting today. They are only keeping the Lankans interested.

Seems like sachin is getting ready to make yet another ton on another dead flat pitch?

What is sangakara doin?? hes not attacking the batsman!!!!
how can he get wickets without attacking

Seems like sachin is getting ready to make yet another ton on another dead flat pitch?
Yeah, all the 90-odd international hundreds he has scored have come against poor oppositions or on dead/flat tracks. He is no good as a batsmen.:sarcasm

Last edited:
Laxman is looking took much uncomfortable, will not be surprised if he get out cheaply.

And if he gets out and India loses, the same old stuff "His career is over and he should not continue playing for India". Thankless job that he does, ridiculed no matter what he does. Some one posted this in Rediff comments too.

Go ahead and make him a good wicket. Till then, this is best enough for anybody.

I think they`ve done enough to save the game now. We only have to bat out an hour more to ensure that it is dead. Tendulkar should look to notch up another hundred now. There is no other interest left in the game unless we have a Kolkata 2001 type last session.

From cricinfo's commentator-

Join us at 2.30. I'll hand over to Jamie for a bit. In the meantime, I hope to catch a nap. Don't be surprised if I don't wake up...

:laugh:laugh

So much for test cricket!!

110380.jpg

30,000* Not Out

:hpraise Master :hpraise

Its time these two get a move on, score another 50 runs and close the deal. Both should look to achieve some personal milestones in the meantime. Sorry for the Lankans, they`ll have to wait for sometime to get their first win in India. This was a huge opportunity for them but the Indians have done we to weather the storm.

In fact, India have done well in matchsaving last inning situations in recent times starting with that lucky escape at Lords in 2007. Since then we managed to bat out for a draw at Adelaide in 2008, Bangalore and Delhi in 2008 (against Australia), Napier in 2009 and now this game. Add Chennai 2008 to the list as well where we did one better and chased the runs down.

And for all the Sachin haters, he has runs in the last inning each of those saved games (49,48,66,100*, 72* today). Another calming influence has been Gambhir who has done well in each of those ocassions.

Last edited:
Excellent Innings By The Great Sachin!!!

AshesXII added 5 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

guys what is the pitch condition in kanpur
same like this lame pitch?

Users who are viewing this thread