Tournment Ends

As if his username (I have never clicked on his profile and most of the people here dont do it often) told me a lot about his 12 years of first class cricket and what not experience.

How does that sound to you, now?:p

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Absolutely. Right now, anything less than 700 would not be great for India. We need to keep hammering it in to the Lankan bowlers and fielders and make them get desperate and tire out their bodies and minds as much possible. Yes this is boring cricket but thats what we got to do now that we are in this situation.

well man, whatever... if u say its going to become the most bowler friendly wicket in the world in 3 or 4 days time... i bat you know something that i didnt know in my cricketing life... and u dont know me like i do, so dont be soooo you know what.

well man, whatever... if u say its going to become the most bowler friendly wicket in the world in 3 or 4 days time... i bat you know something that i didnt know in my cricketing life... and u dont know me like i do, so dont be soooo you know what.

You might be right man. I dont know about it. I was just replying to Hmarka's comment about you owning me with that comment of yours.

Apart from watching cricket for the last 12-13 years (since 1996, I guess), I have not played cricket big time. Just a few years (4-5) of street and gully cricket near my house and in my colony.

Last edited:
Nice article that tears apart the scheduling for this ongoing series
Play only on weekdays will not help Tests - Top Stories - Sri Lanka in India, 2009 - Series & Tournaments - Cricket - Sports - The Times of India

Seems like the BCCI has scheduled the series keeping in mind that it is against Sri Lanka and not against a popular team like Australia, South Africa or Pakistan. How can you have different yardstick for different teams? ASK BCCI! Since its Sri Lanka, its placid pitches along with crappy scheduling. As I said before in this thread, the ODI series against Australia was scheduled so well where day matches were played on Sundays and the weekdays had all day/nighters. Can clearly see where the BCCI's interests are.

I wrote about exactly the same thing on Day 1 of the first test. Pathetic stuff from the BCCI.

You might be right man. I dont know about it. I was just replying to Hmarka's comment about you owning me with that comment of yours.

Apart from watching cricket for the last 12-13 years (since 1996, I guess), I have not played cricket big time. Just a few years (4-5) of street and gully cricket near my house and in my colony.

Look buddy, I don?t want to sound like a pro or a superstar but I just want you guys to know, there is some technicality in test wickets. See when a wicket has some uneven bounce, what you need to look at is the speed of the wicket. Even in first day I thought the wicket is bit on the slow side and I can guarantee you that within 5 days it will get slower. That?s because you cant water the track when there is a match going on. This will make it dry and dusty .. so the ball will get slower. Buy the way when the wicket gets dusty it spins a bit but at this level batsman can deal with slow spin. So all in all the most important thing in making a bowler friendly wicket is to have it bit faster !!! even if it has uneven bounce if the wicket is too slow batsman can correct them self on time if the make a mistake. I hope I am clear on this to everyone

Another problem with playing cricket in North India and Pakistan in winter is that there is very little humidity and with temperatures being so low, the wicket does not wear as much as it would in the months of Feb/March when test matches are also played in India. I`d like to have a look at the stats of matches played in the months of Nov/Dec as opposed to those played in March/April.

I can list out a few random test series which were played in the months of March/April and most of them were entertaining ones. Australia toured India in the months of Feb/March in 1998 and 2001 and the pitches then were excellent and we saw good cricket. We had a 1-1 drawn series when SA toured India in March/April last year. The pitches certainly would wear far more under the hot summer sun, although the down side of it is that the conditions are too hot to play in India during those months. However, playing cricket in North India in the winter is a no-win situation. Pitches don`t wear as much. It is very hazy in the mornings and the sun sets early in the evenings. I remember Inzy suggesting that they should think of having 6 day tests during winter in Pakistan,The same applies to North India, as Pakistan is technically same as North India. October would`nd be a bad time to play test cricket actually. Weather is pretty much moderate and it is`nt as cold as winters can be up North.

The game at Brabourne will surely offer help for the seamers early in the day and during the evenings. It is located very close to the Arabian Sea. The wickets at Mumbai are good for spin as well. I`m confident that game will see a result. I was pleasantly surprised to see a full house turn up yesterday at Kanpur. How is the turnout today?

Last edited:
The crowd looked pretty good today (when I watched the first 15-20 mins of the first session today after which I got bored). Not a bad turnout for this match as it was expected to be.

Looks like India is going to get pay back on SL and make 700 runs.

Sri Lanka will just return the favor and bat for 180 overs and a hand shake at tea and 5 boring days later we will have another draw.

Is India batting really well or is the pitch similar to the one in Ahmedabad ?

Murali has bowled without a single maiden over...He's never gone maiden-less whenever he's bowled more than 15 overs. Another record there,but is his magic waning ?

i think its high time they start going after the bowling like crazy.
accelerate till tea and then go ballistic for an hour....and let the lankans
fight off the last hour or so...

Dhoni wants to bat only once.
Kartik,you are right in saying that they need to explode now. We still have MSD to come. 700+ can be easily achieved if they fire from now till tea.

Even if we get bowled out now, we won`t lose this game. Its time we start batting in T20 mode and give Lanka at least 20 overs to bat today.

Even if we get bowled out now, we won`t lose this game. Its time we start batting in T20 mode and give Lanka at least 20 overs to bat today.

exactly, especially since we are renowned for T20. :sarcasm
there goes laxman.....blessing in disguise.

DHORAJ should start firing ASAP.

20 overs : 7 for zaheer..6 for sree....4 for harbhajan and 3 for ojha.

Users who are viewing this thread