Tournment Ends

How has the bowling been so far? Any better than the last game?
Both the pacers had some movement and some hint of reverse swing aswell.Sreesanth was unlucky a couple of times.Bhajji and Ojha having some good turn aswell.Everything that is of good sign for the Indians.

IND will push hard for a win here...but i think end result could be a Draw

66/1 at stumps... SL have done well here with exception to that single unlucky wicket of dilshan... but still they have a long road to travel.Day 3 will be the make or break for the SL team as india cant lose from here!

66/1 at stumps... SL have done well here with exception to that single unlucky wicket of dilshan... but still they have a long road to travel.Day 3 will be the make or break for the SL team as india cant lose from here!
They werent as comfortable as you describe.Paranavitana was lucky twice to escape from being given out by the umpire against Sreesanth while Sanga was almost gone LBW in the penultimate over against Bhajji.

how were dhoni's field placements ? especially in the final overs....

was it as spineless as its been off-late ?

The pitch seems to have quickened up just before Tea today.

How can this occur?

how were dhoni's field placements ? especially in the final overs....

was it as spineless as its been off-late ?

Lots of men around the bat. Sausage Fest!

The pitch will assist bowlers from 3rd day onwards,lets see how much does it help...I dont think it will help in big way...

Those always questioning the test match crowds in India, just look at the crowds over the first two days of this test. Almost full houses on both days which is why I always used to include Kanpur in the list of venues where I would like test cricket to be restricted to (check my previous few posts in this thread).

Let's see if the pitch breaks up as predicted. Otherwise it'll probably be another draw with the megascorers (Jaya, Sama, Sanga) still at large.

rahulkhush said:
The historic Eden Gardens ground will be hosting its first international match later this season after a gap of two years when India and Sri Lanka clash in a one-day international.

Ah, that's where the irony lies! Just came across this piece of news. Well, there'd be no ticket available for the normal spectators in the ODI match Eden would host, as three-fourths of the stadium is in a dilapidated state, thanks to some heavy construction and renovation work which is going on in most of it's galleries ahead of the 2011 WC. Nice time to give Eden a match BCCI, a very nice time indeed. :sarcasm

Last edited:
Well done India to grab Dilshan off the first ball itself. That made a huge difference in the scoring rate (SL's run rate is 2.75 per over). Although we folded up easily to end up at 642, we know that it would take a miracle from SL of epic proportions to defeat us in this match. With all the talk of the wicket starting to deteriorate now, I think India have a good chance to get those 20 wickets and win the game. I would say "Draw - 52%, India win - 47.8%, SL win - 0.02%".

Ojha and Bhajji were unrealistically economical. Whats up with that? The Sri Lankans just shut shop against them? You cant let the spinners dominate like that (giving them economies of less than 2 runs/over). With a huge total behind them, they will keep coming back at you. I have not been impressed by Sangakkara's captaincy. Jaya was better!

Bhajji and Ojha were economical because there were about 10-12 overs left in the day when they came on. Sangakkara and Paranavitana didn't want to take any unnecessary risks so late in the day as they had already lost Dilshan earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread