Tournment Ends

SREE YOU BEAUTY !!!! DESERVED 5er...:hpraise

Flat wicket my ASS !!

especially the way sree is swinging it.... and the last wicket was PEACH !

Ideally, this should do a world of good for Sree, for India and also for Ishant Sharma. It should wake him up and make him work hard if he really wants to be a frontline seamer for India. If Sree can keep this up, Ishant will find it so hard to break into the team if we play two spinners which will now become common on Indian wickets which dont offer much pace and bounce.

jez! this guy comes back and takes a 5w. and he will start his slam begging act again...

jez! this guy comes back and takes a 5w. and he will start his slam begging act again...

India wont mind that as long as he performs like this!

Anyways, he is not going to be the same Sree anymore. From what I am seeing of him in this match, his celebrations are so muted and the passion that he displays after dismissals is missing. I only wish that he fully doesnt bundle out all the energy that made him Sree! Sree means aggression and he's got to retain some of that. He just has got to not cross the line. We want the aggro minus the antics.

I think what most people were complaining about was the fact that the pitch was flat day's one and two, and it didn't offer the bowlers anything in the first session. It's all well and good for the pitch to become harder to bat on, but if winning the toss determines the outcome of the match, what's the point in playing.

That was not what people complained about. Its about the wicket getting slower and lower and being more easier to bat as the test progresses (like the last one in Ahmedabad where it got easier to bat as the test progressed).

Over a period of 5 days, I dont believe that the toss plays a huge advantage. Not India's problem if SL didnt take their chances. It has just not been SL's test. But the pitch has played out fine. It was made to look too flat because of the rate at which Sehwag and Gambhir scored their runs.

Last edited:
I think what most people were complaining about was the fact that the pitch was flat day's one and two, and it didn't offer the bowlers anything in the first session. It's all well and good for the pitch to become harder to bat on, but if winning the toss determines the outcome of the match, what's the point in playing.

Is`nt that the case with every wicket in the world? If it gets progressively better to bat on, it won`t be doing any favors as far as a result goes.
It happens everywhere in test cricket. Iam not defending this pitch or anything but pitches anywhere in the world are best to bat on Day 2. On green wickets, its day 1 when its a nightmare to bat on. Days 2 and 3 get progressively better to bat on if the sun is shining. In this case, the team winning the toss and electing to bowl first has an advantage.

I don`t see anything wrong with the pitch deteriorating.

Your batsmen can play bad shots and get out cheaply in the first innings. The players showed good concentration and temperament to get a huge score. SL just did not have show the required skill set to win this test. If the bowlers bowl as negatively as they did on the first day, any team will lose any test in any era of cricket. Their bowling was not up to the mark, three great players of spin bowling took them apart on day 1 and their batsmen did not have the patience to play a good test innings. Jayawardene was dismissed trying to slog Ojha down the ground. All in all, SL were out played by India on day 1 and day 3.

Is`nt that the case with every wicket in the world? If it gets progressively better to bat on, it won`t be doing any favors as far as a result goes.
It happens everywhere in test cricket. Iam not defending this pitch or anything but pitches anywhere in the world are best to bat on Day 2. On green wickets, its day 1 when its a nightmare to bat on. Days 2 and 3 get progressively better to bat on if the sun is shining. In this case, the team winning the toss and electing to bowl first has an advantage.

I don`t see anything wrong with the pitch deteriorating.

I didn't either. I said that this pitch is still bad as it had nothing in it for the bowlers during the first two day's, it was flat. A good pitch (if it's good to bat on during the first two day's) should have something in it for the bowlers during the first session or so. Or else the toss becomes way too important.

Howsie added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Your batsmen can play bad shots and get out cheaply in the first innings. The players showed good concentration and temperament to get a huge score. SL just did not have show the required skill set to win this test. If the bowlers bowl as negatively as they did on the first day, any team will lose any test in any era of cricket. Their bowling was not up to the mark, three great players of spin bowling took them apart on day 1 and their batsmen did not have the patience to play a good test innings. Jayawardene was dismissed trying to slog Ojha down the ground. All in all, SL were out played by India on day 1 and day 3.

I'm not denying that India were good and Sri Lanka were bad.

Hard to please everyone. This is so fine especially after that first test. People were saying here "It will get slower and easier to bat on for the remaining for this test".

The pitch had as much in it on Days 1 and 2 for the Lankan bowlers as it has today. They went in with the wrong combination. To keep Kulasekhara out and bringing in the third spinner was`nt exactly smart. It is bad strategy that has put them on the backfoot.
It also does not help when you drop Sehwag in the very first over with 3 spinners in the side.

You cannot exactly say that winning the toss has decided the fate of the game here (have 2 full innings still left). You could say that if the wicket is a batting beauty on Day 1 and becomes a minefield when the second team bats which is`nt the case here. From what I hear, the Sri Lankan batting has been pathetic and irresponsible. There is no way they should be getting bundled out way before even reaching the follow on target. It is`nt that bad a pitch.

Last edited:
Why did Dhoni not start off with Sreesanth after tea? It would've been great had Sree given the opportunity to end up with more than 5 wkts. In the end, it looked like an attempt to distribute the wickets more evenly among the bowlers by not letting Sree walk away with the major chunk.

Anyways, 413 is a huge huge lead. India should enforce the follow-on here unless Dhoni has lost the screws off my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread