Tournment Ends

Another day, another flat pitch. Sorry India, but it's unacceptable. There just has to be something for the bowlers. I'm sure it's not just bad bowling all through the series. When Murili is going at close to 7 an over and the average match run-rate is around 5 there's an issue.

Can Sehwag hold the 2nd, 3rd and 4th fastest 200? He can't beat Astle (phew) who is 1st. He currently has the 2nd and 3rd

Where were you when SL were batting?

Just wodering the frustration of the opposition players.

Good Going Sehwag :clap:clap SR of 121 :eek: possible only by Sehwag :cool:

Chetan0304 added 2 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Its Been A Long time Dravid IS On 46
Will He Ever Reach His 50
Still A Good Support!!

He's a star :cool: calmly he crawls and then murders the bowlers by his cover drive :clap

Good thing for India is that this batting lineup can bat like this or grind down the opposition like they did at Napier this year.

400/1, anybody would be a fool to say the pitch is not flat, even if it did have some great batting.
They've batted way better than Sri Lanka, but it's hard to see results on pitches where either team has to score 600. I guess the run rate might make it possible, they could score another 400 tomorrow and have a lot of time for an innings victory.

They've batted way better than Sri Lanka, but it's hard to see results on pitches where either team has to score 600. I guess the run rate might make it possible, they could score another 400 tomorrow and have a lot of time for an innings victory.

I can see a lead of 200 being sufficient on this pitch. It is not flat at all. Plus you`ve got to look at the game without the Sehwag factor.

Last edited:
Sehwag has just moved to third equal for the most runs scored by one player in a days play, wonder if he can break Bradman's record of 309?

Sehwag has just moved to third equal for the most runs scored by one player in a days play, wonder if he can break Bradman's record of 309?

Not much time left for stumps. Just 15 minutes or so. I don`t think he`ll risk going for the triple today.;)

Don't think so. Seems a bit much to get in 9 overs. Maybe if he hogs all the strike.

Well played Dravid though our news channels are busy praising Sehwag, your contribution always helped India win and makes it's place in the top test playing nation. :clap

Don't think so. Seems a bit much to get in 9 overs. Maybe if he hogs all the strike.

How flat was the pitch on which Bradman got 309 in a day?:D

How flat was the pitch on which Bradman got 309 in a day?:D

Only Indian and Pakistani pitches are flat ;).

@ those who are saying it's flat- If it produces a result, it really does not matter. I know you will then say that the team bowling first/batting first should not have such a large advantage, but that happens pretty much everywhere. On some pitches it is far more advantageous to bowl first and some it's far more advantageous to bat first.

Last edited:
Dilip D'Souza writes in: "Could this be the first time a Test team has scored nearly 400, gone out to field thinking they are essentially safe in the match, and then watched the 400 reeled in for the loss of a single wicket? I mean, start of the day SL must have felt safe; end of the day they must feel like they are on the fast track to going down 2-0 in the series."

The crowd give a standing applause to Sehwag. Test cricket has returned to CCI after 36 years in some style.

:clap

If anyone was to break Lara's 400* record this is probably the best chance that will be had in awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread