Tri Nations (Rugby League)

I think that Inglis will make NZ and Eng think differently before giving him a little space or anything. He makes nothing into something and finishes off brilliantly everytime.

Should be interesting to see how well England go this time around.

Good game between New Zealand and Great Britain today. 18-14 to the Kiwis in the end, but Britain should have had a penalty try early in the second half.

You hardly ever see penalty tries in League, well not in the NRL anyway.

Was a fair bit of 50/50 calls against the British and they looked much more threatening than the Kiwis. It was good defence from both sides, Webb made the difference in the end.

Yeh another great game for the trinations. I was hoping for a magical comeback like last wk lol and have it down to the wire fieldgoal.

It was a great match though! I agree that should have been a penalty try!

I don't remember hearing penalty try. Ropati was saying they should have got a penalty out of it, and before that he was saying McGuire grounded the ball after it was knocked out hence a try.

Well whatever they should have got 4 points for the try and even 6 if the conversion went over!

aussie1st said:
I don't remember hearing penalty try. Ropati was saying they should have got a penalty out of it, and before that he was saying McGuire grounded the ball after it was knocked out hence a try.
I'm guessing we get different commentators. On our TV coverage here in the UK, all commentators were in agreement that it should have been a penalty try.

It should have been a try the normal way as McGuire grounded it after the knock out. Penalty try never was going to happen down here, would have been a penalty if the video ref so the 2nd tackler.

All depends what you call a grandmother being. Does it include great or not. If it does then we could have people saying their great great great great grandfather was English so I can play for them.

Aus team for GB this weekend

The team, named this morning, is:
Karmichael Hunt, Brent Tate, Mark Gasnier, Jamie Lyon, Greg Inglis, Darren Lockyer (capt), Ben Hornby, Mark O'Meley, Shaun Berrigan, Petero Civoniceva, Willie Mason, Nathan Hindmarsh, Luke O'Donnell.
Interchange: Cameron Smith, Anthony Tupou, Brent Kite, Antonio Kaufusi.

Good to see Lyon back, Kaufusi in for his first start that should be interesting and Hornby at halfback. Don't see the point in Smith on the bench as hes an 80 minute player rather than an impact one.

Pretty interesting that New Zealand will pull out of the Tri-Nations if stripped the 2 points. Don't think they deserve it at all since NZ probably have a very slim chance of making it into the finals without it.

Hornby at halfback should make a difference since he doesn't really rely on his kicking game and mainly used to just work the ball around and putting Berrigan in at Hooker is a silly idea. After a dominating season by Smith, he deserves to start and Berrigan really should be at center.

Also surprised to see Lyon in the team, they don't seem to be hesitant to put him into the team.

They are giving players a try so obviously Lyon was going to get a shot. Would have liked to see Hayne given a go too.

Yep its looking a good squad.

hornby might be a good change to the aussie squad. I cant wait to see how he and lockyer work together as the halves.

Good to see brent tate and jamie lyon in the squad. should be great watching the aussies play GB this weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread