Trine's Cricket 10

If this turns out to be another CR style PC only release then it will fail very quickly.

Consoles are the money maker, much less piracy and the games are more expensive. Considering this is being developed in India, I am sure they are quite aware of how much CR was pirated and that the game sold less than 10k legit copies. If CR was on ps3 and 360 it would have increased their profits exponentially.

CR was pretty much an indie game, don't see how you would think it'd sell as much as bigger cricket games like AC09. If you wanna compare the piracy rate of CR to bigger titles like AC09, BLIC07, C07 - I'm pretty sure your legit sale numbers could indicate which ones out of those would also be pirated more. I also wouldn't call the increase in sales on consoles exponential, but personally, one of the reasons I like to game on my PC is that if they turn out to be crap, I have more option to make them less of it. (C07 was on PS2, but if I had to put up with that POS with no option to mod it, the pain would be too much.) :)

As for Trine's game, I have as much hope for it as much as I should. Of course, some of us will be hyping it up as the next best thing since sliced bread, and then be predictably back to bitch about it like there's no tomorrow right after its release.

Do we even know for sure that EA is publishing this?

maybe there wont be any new titles but this one's development is already underway and the comment by sangam clarifies this.

Cricket 09 was also in develpment for a while ... but they cancelled it right before its release

The game will available on PS3, XBOX 360, and PC. Wii edition unconfirmed.

If this turns out to be another CR style PC only release then it will fail very quickly.

Consoles are the money maker, much less piracy and the games are more expensive. Considering this is being developed in India, I am sure they are quite aware of how much CR was pirated and that the game sold less than 10k legit copies. If CR was on ps3 and 360 it would have increased their profits exponentially.

PC Games still come out at ?30 (in store) or ?20 (online) a go, so they make money as well. Also, more and more PC gaming will probably go digital only before too long.

PC Games still come out at ?30 (in store) or ?20 (online) a go, so they make money as well. Also, more and more PC gaming will probably go digital only before too long.

Not alot of people play on PC anymore.
its all about PS3 and 360 now.
You need to buy a Console my friend, you can get a PS3 silm for ?250 now

That's why Call of Duty online, to mention just one is as busy as ever, isn't it? And what about all those people (idiots if you ask me) paying each month to play World of Warcraft or whatever? If no-one played PC games, they'd stop making them, and there's no sign of them doing that. And that ?250 on a PS3 Slim? If I spent that on my current PC, it'd probably future proof it for the next five years at least. By which time, the PS3 will be a distant memory. My opinion is that PC gaming will never die - whether that be in retail, mail order or digital form.

Month is almost over. Announcement coming up *fingers crossed*. Wouldn't be too surprised if there is nothing said for another 2 months though.

Month is almost over. Announcement coming up *fingers crossed*. Wouldn't be too surprised if there is nothing said for another 2 months though.

Bingo! :p

Users who are viewing this thread