Tutsi's A.I. Patch v6.0

levels said:
Tutsi forgive me for labouring the point, because I'm sure others have mentioned it as well, but the on-drive needs to be weakened dramatically - I can hit 6s at will over mid on. On the other hand, the cut shots, hooks and cover drives need to be made easier - and the bowlers need to bowl outside off more.

Good luck with v2.0!

all these points are in my head and i'm doin whateva i can.

....and while you're at it Tutsi, my lawn needs mowing and the washing put out.....!!

Hehehe....

I'm patient. :hpraise

tutsipoppy2 said:
Sunny, i've downloaded and examined ur patch from top to bottom.

Again this has happened wth me(also happened wth Cricket 2004), somebody has used my A.I. patch as a base from their own patch. I mean there is no piracy thig over here. But it is just frustrating to see tht after u have done all the hard work of editing each n every individual stroke files(over 30 files), somebody else just makes some tweaks here n there in the files and then releases tht as their own.

This is for Sunny and anybody who wants to enter patch making :

"PLZ DO NOT USE MY PATCH AS A BASE FOR UR OWN PATCH"

**Sunny i recommend u make a new patch taking the original Cricket 2005 files as a base. I expect u to do sumthing about the patch u've already released.

Hey mate do you not feel like a hypocrite.
I have no problem at all with patch making I think it's great if it gets people to have great fun playing a game.
The thing I don't find right is the fact you are doing exactly the same thing you are telling someone else not to do. Suprise, EA Sports Cricket 2005 was developed by HB Studios, not you, so please tell me how you are able to use the files they created to make adjustments to the game and try to in a way copyright them to yourself. Before you use the excuse about them releasing a game that was half finished you may have to look at the fact they had a deadline to meet, is this another suprise to you that for some reason the game was given a release date that the developers had to adhere to. What you are doing is copying the files that have already been produced and then tweaking them to improve the way you play the game and then releasing it as your own creation.
Sunny you can do what you want with what you have available as it is not owned by tutsi. Well not really this game is owned by EA Sports and they are the only people with the rights to change how the game is programed. So no one apart from EA Sports can tell people not to copy what they have come up with. Sunny could have used the same available files to come up with the tweaks you have and have them made different.

"the majoy problem in using somebody else's patch as a base is tht the originality and uniqueness is gone. the patch which be more or less be the same as the base patch."

I think that has already been explained above. If you can develop and produce your own Cricket game then there is no problem with what you have said. IMO you have an ego thing going and that is why you have said the things you have said.

So please anyone that wants to make a patch and call it their own, please develop your own cricket game so that you can have control over what is produced for it.
Again I have no problems with patches being made and I myself may try it at some stage but in no way can you tell anyone else what to do with the files as they are not your own.

zerobound said:
Hey mate do you not feel like a hypocrite. ... What you are doing is copying the files that have already been produced and then tweaking them to improve the way you play the game and then releasing it as your own creation. ... IMO you have an ego thing going and that is why you have said the things you have said. ... In no way can you tell anyone else what to do with the files as they are not your own.

Perhaps if we phrase it another way....

This is an issue of respect! :brickwall

If Tutsi spends hours and hours of time finding, modifying, and releasing the files so that we can all enjoy better gameplay, is this not deserving of respect? If so, then we should respect the product as well as the effort that has gone into making that product. I could, in theory, modify one of his files and re-release it as my own and it would take all of 10 minutes. But if he hadn't found the important files, tweaked, and tested them, and then RELEASED them, what would I have to edit? NOTHING AT ALL. Therefore, out of respect to the publisher, leave the damn files alone if he asks you to.

zerobound said:
Hey mate do you not feel like a hypocrite.
I have no problem at all with patch making I think it's great if it gets people to have great fun playing a game.
The thing I don't find right is the fact you are doing exactly the same thing you are telling someone else not to do. Suprise, EA Sports Cricket 2005 was developed by HB Studios, not you, so please tell me how you are able to use the files they created to make adjustments to the game and try to in a way copyright them to yourself. Before you use the excuse about them releasing a game that was half finished you may have to look at the fact they had a deadline to meet, is this another suprise to you that for some reason the game was given a release date that the developers had to adhere to. What you are doing is copying the files that have already been produced and then tweaking them to improve the way you play the game and then releasing it as your own creation.
Sunny you can do what you want with what you have available as it is not owned by tutsi. Well not really this game is owned by EA Sports and they are the only people with the rights to change how the game is programed. So no one apart from EA Sports can tell people not to copy what they have come up with. Sunny could have used the same available files to come up with the tweaks you have and have them made different.

"the majoy problem in using somebody else's patch as a base is tht the originality and uniqueness is gone. the patch which be more or less be the same as the base patch."

I think that has already been explained above. If you can develop and produce your own Cricket game then there is no problem with what you have said. IMO you have an ego thing going and that is why you have said the things you have said.

So please anyone that wants to make a patch and call it their own, please develop your own cricket game so that you can have control over what is produced for it.
Again I have no problems with patches being made and I myself may try it at some stage but in no way can you tell anyone else what to do with the files as they are not your own.

Yo Yo Yo Yo.....................YO !!!

Can nebody tell me.....WHO IS THIS GUY ANYWAY?

To tell the Dr. of Thug-O-Nomics what to do n what not to do.

Look, whateva ur name is, i'm not copyrighting the game......its NOT : Tutsi's Cricket 2005. I'm just taking the files and editing them to completely differnt thing and then releasing them FOR Cricket 2005. You got what i'm tryin to say BUDDY. What i'm suggesting to others is tht they SHOULD USE Cricket 2005's default files for their patch and do whateva they what to but NOT my edited one coz then both the patches will more or less be same and over here people what different patches, not 2 same patches with differnet names.....e.g- BLIC and RPIC....same game, differnt names. GOT IT?

I think nobody....not even sunny has minded whateva i've said.....then who in the blue hell are u to tell me and others what to do and what not to do.

IF YOU WHAT SOME..................COME GET SOME !!!

!!! WORD LIFE !!!

Last edited:
Hey zerobound, you never made a path for c2k5. Tutsi has been making AI for a while now. Why dont you try and make an AI patch using the original game files and then start talking? I think it is unfair not only here but also in other areas.

Prakash has made TV overlays for Sky Sports. The nex day ppl have like 4 other tv overlays posted. What dd they do? All they did was change the color of his overlays and say that they made it. So why dont you come back next week with a batpack, facepack, and an AI patch of YOUR OWN and then say sumthin. If you are so great at this then why havent you released a patch as yet?

Give tutsi some credit for his work and just give him that little bit. If you dont agree with tutsi, then dont use his patches at all. But dont go about telling him that he cant tell ppl wat to do with his patch.

If anyone has been able to modify a file to what he thinks is a better one then I suppose it is best for all of us that the person releases it for all of us to have a chance to test it.However the person should clearly mention the souce and divert most if not all of the credits to the original author.Open source software works this way and that is what makes it successful.

For me the major thing in this is that, the base n the modified wont be having much difference coz 90% of the things will be the same. Thats will suck.

But when ur using the original as base, we all know they are bad, so the person will be spending his time in changing every thing which is bad and in that his talent and his originality will come out which will make his patch different from others.

Zerobound -- you made a point which initially sounded compelling but reading through it seems misdirected and crap.
Let me give you an example -- if you made a discovery of a planet but I, based on your discovery keyed into it and released it to public as something I've found and done
and named the planet my name how would you feel about it ? Neither you nor I own the planet.

Mods these days can become a full blown thing. eg. Counter strike mod for Half Life.
Using other people's work and claiming as their own without quoting original author is the bad part. This is the foundation of GPL. -- "you can modify an open-source product but you have to quote the original author"

I'm on tutsi's side on this one.

Sunny or whoever should quote his patch as saying -
Based on Tutsi's patch code base etc. It is understood that Tutsi's patch is based on the original Cricket 2005.

fanirama said:
Let me give you an example -- if you made a discovery of a planet but I, based on your discovery keyed into it and released it to public as something I've found and done and named the planet my name how would you feel about it ? Neither you nor I own the planet.

its not as if others are stealing tutsi's work, he's releasing his patches on the understanding that people dont modify them and re-release them. its a matter of respect not moral obligation.

i cant believe you would try to steal a planet though, thats harsh.

Sorry I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say.
As my first line said I have no problem with patch making, I think it's great that people are really enjoying the game because of them.
I wasn't taking credit away from Tutsi as like I said people are really enjoying the game with his patch and thats great. The point I was making is that he doesn't really have a right to stop people from using his patch as a base considering he is using the Cricket 05 files as a base. I never said you were copyrighting the game I used that as example as you are telling people not use your patch as a base so in a sense it is the same as trying to copyright it.
I do understand the respect thing, but that is not the point I am trying to make by installing running and playing the game you have already agreed not to modify the original game in any way so there for by telling people not to use his patch he is being a hypocrite as he has done just that using someone elses work as a foundation for his.
I just feel he has no right to get upset at others who are using his work, back to respect if anyone is to use it then as a sign of respect they should quote Tutsi as the foundation for their patch, which also lets others know that it is only a variation of his.

To jeromedascorp I never said anything against his patch as from what has been posted it is has been good and I have no plans to make my own I know a lot of effort has been put in and it can be commended but also HB Studios put a lot of work into the game. They know as well as other game developers know that patches etc are made for their work and I don't see them getting upset about it. If it is making improvments even with the slightest tweaks then it can only be a good thing and should actually be encouraged and yes give credit to those that have shared.

Tutsi I have given you respect by using your name (not whateva your name is) and given a fair reply and did not critcize your work and if you read what I have again put at the top the fact that it is great people are enjoying your patch. Instead of Yo Yoing all over the place everyone deserves a fair response with out being condesending.

Last edited:
Tutsi, I have just given your 1.2 patch a go. And what can I say? It is simply superb! :D

I started a random 50 over match between Pakistan(me) and New Zealand. It was on a damp pitch, so after Nz won the toss, they chose to bowl.

I had a terrible time batting, the ball wasn't bouncing properly at all. The edited strokes were brilliant, I loved the cover drive and straight drive. Due to the low bounce, I lost 3 quick wickets in the first 10 overs. I then started playing carefully and slowly, and I managed to make 164/6 in 50 overs.

I was quite happy with the total, as the pitch was a nightmare for batting.

So then it was Nz's turn for batting. I got Vincent bowled in the very first over of the innings with a beatiful out-swinger. Fleming came in, and he along with Sinclair took the score to 22.

I brought on Kaneria, in the hope that he could trouble the batsman with the low bounce of the pitch. And Sinclair was bowled that over! The ball bounced so very low. I decided to bring on Afridi as well, seeing the way the NZ batsmen were being bamboozled by the bounce.

The 2 spinners took another 3 wickets, leaving NZ crumbling at 39/5.

Cairns and Astle steadied the innings a bit. Cairns smashed 2 sixes off Afridi in one over, while Astle was playing great cover drives at the other end. They took the score to 57/6, before a Flipper by Kaneria caught Cairns off guard. He was bowled, and New Zealand were facing defeat at 57/6.

But then McCullum and Astle fought back, taking the score to 98. Shoaib Akthar then bowled a brilliant in-swinging yorker to get Astle out bowled.

I thought the match was over then, but the NZ batsmen kept fighting back. In the end, they won with 2 wickets remaining. It was a great match, and I enjoyed every bit of it.

You might be thinking that the batsman were getting bowled too easily, but this was because of the damp pitch. Overall, I absolutely loved this patch! :)

I'm now gonna start a test match and I'll post a review after I finish it! :cheers

Attachments

• Cricket2005 2005-08-06 14-41-40-41.jpg
    Cricket2005 2005-08-06 14-41-40-41.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 225
Hi

Could someone pls tell me how to edit the .saf files for c2k5.I also want to know what each command in the file means i.e the significance of each values in detail.Im sure it will be helpfull for other a.i. editors and other patchers as well.Thank You.

Siddharth

Users who are viewing this thread