Tutsi's A.I. Patch v6.0

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
i dunno, i found the batting relaisitic....hard at times i know......but if u want i can ease the batting..........

the porblem relating to cpu bowling tooo many yorkers and all is a bit hard to fix coz there is no particular value which determines tht. but i'll still gonna try.

westam47

School Cricketer
Thanks for the patch but i must admit i've removed it again coz i reckon its made the batting harder. Whereas before i was getting a lot of runs with the leg glance i find i am now being LBW'd all the time. Please can you make batting easier.

adthomp

International Cricketer
yeah I must say batting is harder and that leg glance shot now has a 80% chance of LBW now other then that I like the staight drive thats fixed

Anil Dharani

Club Cricketer
Hey Tutsi, I haven't tried your patch yet (becouse of the reviews that its too hard and I already suck at batting). I suggest you try and improve bowling a bit coz batting is allready hard. Let people master it first, then your patches will definitely come in handy as they did the work for C2K4. I know its hard to find the values which aren't allready given easily. But I along with everybody know you can do it so try yourr best and keep the patches coming. Will try your AI patch after a few days if i ever manage to get better scores. Thanks again and :cheers :cheers

BlackJack1301

School Cricketer
Hi mate thanks for the patch.

I also now removed it, it is not that i don't like it, but it has made some things more anoying for me, i am all for making batting harder and requiring better timing etc. But the ability not to move the batsmen in the crease and making the hitting zone smaller is making batting almost impossible.

On easy you can move the batsman for a split second and that makes all the differance, but then on easy the damn AI decides whether you play a front foot or back foot shot and it is driving me damn mad so easy is not an option.

If there is any way to enable moving in the crease on normal and hard difficulty i would be so happy. For those who think it is not realistic etc. at first i also thought it is a nice option and realistic, but after playing this game for a while now we really need to move the batsman to make small adjustments, because in real life you can make final adjustments with your hands and body to hit the ball. In this game you have to guess where the ball is going and then you can't move again so if you guessed wrong you will miss the ball and this is now a big problem with the patches, because if you are not near the ball you WILL miss it.

FreddieFan

International Coach
By and large, tutsi, I love the patch. Great work.

I have one complaint, though. I don't like what you've done with the forward defensive. I agree it is more realistic that the batsman just moves forward instead of to wherever the ball is, but I was bowled (batting with Tendulkar!) by an inswinger, which swung in past my outside edge and hit off-srump. These balls are unplayable, as they are too wide to drive, and the defensive shot doesn't work (see below).

Also, another thing I discovered is that when playing on easy, when the computer bowls the same sort of length that McGrath was against England, if you try to play a defensive shot, the computer will make you play off the back foot rather than the front. The ball will go under your bat and hit the top of off stump.

Again, I love the patch, this is constructive criticism, not criticism. Keep up the good work :D

lukedapuke

School Cricketer
Hi Tutsi
Just got your new AI patch & there are a couple of things I'd like to highlight
1.CPU pacing in 50 over games is really cool, the batsmen actually attempt to play a variety of shots, Thank you for this!!
2. Batting is impossibly hard, I can't touch the ball with the bat EG; SA vs Pakistan: SA - 3 all out!. So I've resorted to 6 hitting all the balls which just does'nt work (and Im only playing on medium!)

Thus I'm stuck at a cross roads, do I remove the patch and enjoy pretty hard batting and crap AI batting or do I retain cool AI batting but impossible run scoring? HELP!!
PS. I really appreciate the trouble you go through to make these patches.

Cheers!

FreddieFan

International Coach
I don't find batting that hard, I was 88/3 (on hard) when I got bored and gave up. The first wicket was a tight run-out, so nothing to do with the patch, but the second two was being bowled when the ball went past my forward defensive, the problem I highlighted above.

tsyrmas

Club Cricketer
hey tutsi, the patch is excellent, but the batting is really hard. is there any way i can have the ai battng well aswell as the original in game batting???

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
i agree batting is hard in my patch.............dont worry.....

i've fixed tht in the next v1.1 of my patch, and some other tweaks too.

the patch will be released by tonight.

westam47 said:
Thanks for the patch but i must admit i've removed it again coz i reckon its made the batting harder. Whereas before i was getting a lot of runs with the leg glance i find i am now being LBW'd all the time. Please can you make batting easier.

i agree, wait for the patch v1.1 which will be released by tonight.

FreddieFan said:
By and large, tutsi, I love the patch. Great work.

I have one complaint, though. I don't like what you've done with the forward defensive. I agree it is more realistic that the batsman just moves forward instead of to wherever the ball is, but I was bowled (batting with Tendulkar!) by an inswinger, which swung in past my outside edge and hit off-srump. These balls are unplayable, as they are too wide to drive, and the defensive shot doesn't work (see below).

Also, another thing I discovered is that when playing on easy, when the computer bowls the same sort of length that McGrath was against England, if you try to play a defensive shot, the computer will make you play off the back foot rather than the front. The ball will go under your bat and hit the top of off stump.

Again, I love the patch, this is constructive criticism, not criticism. Keep up the good work :D

i havnt done anything to the defensive shot, its just tht with my patch u have to be the correct position to play a particular shot. but dont worry i have fixed tht to a certain extent.

Aldeco

Club Cricketer
Hi just downloaded your patch and tryed to play a game chose team etc the intro screen came up with Nz and Zim logos and than the game went to black screen and back to desk top works now I took patch away ? Why is this really want to use the patch ?????? :-(

Users who are viewing this thread