Tutsi's A.I. Patch v6.0

angryangy said:
I didn't like most of it. In fact, I'm still not sure if I accidentally installed the original game config, I couldn't believe it. I await the updated beta.

Things I did like
-hip glance to fine leg
A beauty, I've been secretly wanting to be able to clip boundaries this way, but I can't recall seeing it in a patch before.
-slog sweep
Maybe I shouldn't like it so much, but it's one of those shots I just love to play.

Things I really didn't like
-no edges
I can make sure that my DX is up to date and try again, if you like, but I expected at least 1 edge.
-can't beat the field off the straight drive
-runs almost entirely scored off boundaries
-minimal spin (on a dusty pitch?)

i think u r playing a test match.well have u read this :

tutsipoppy2 said:
However, this BETA is limited to :

ODI's and NORMAL difficulty ONLY.

U can play 10,20,45,50 over matches.

Regarding your Roster 2.0 BETA (on Pg 71 )

Hey Tutsi,
Your that new Beta Roster 2.0 which you have put up on Pg 71....there seems to be some team selection problem...when we start a new match..some main players are always outside the playing 11...like for ex : Pollock , Boje, McGrath, Lee, Hoggard, Anderson, Inzamam, Kaneria, Naved..actually these guys should be in the playing 11 but players like Langveldt, Botha, Tait will be in their place...Not a Big issue..We can anyhow swap them...but it would be nice if main players were in the 11...

And even in this roster Razzaq is Captain of Pakistan instead of Inzamam ( who is out of the 11 and Hasan Raza in his place)

Last edited:
just tried ur beta one day patch and all i've got positive comments for it.
the bowlers bowl more on the off stump than leg stump unlike other patches and the
shot directions are very realistic.
the only recommendation is that maybe u could reduce the power of teh shots or reduce outfield speed.
well done :)

well done tutsi ,
played a 50 overs ODI and just tried batting . Batting was realistic also i liked the cover drives and that if don't time the cover drives properly then the ball goes straight into cover fielders hand . Square cuts were perfect and also get edges playing that shot :cheers .CPU bowls intelligently and keeps rotating the bowlers as well .Also we get edges if we try to play powershots in the early part of the innings.great work tutsi :cheers will try bowling today .:D

!!! WORD LIFE !!!

Tutsi ur patch wen bowling dont hav edges i played against Bangladesh on green pitch in Australia as Australia no edges

I had a go at the patch too

BATTING:
Wasnt to different from the first patch except that i found that some shots were directed differently, the pull, cut and square drive were easy to play, however i still find bf cover drives hard to time unless i got a fully established batsman.

i found the same problems though, i dont score much past the fielders down the ground at all, and most the runs come in boundaries, you need to hit a really good shot to hit boudnaries along the ground too which i like to happen but in the end makes it hard to score altogether since 1s, 2s and 3s are so rare, all shots go where they are supposed to be placed, glances are easy to play and thats good since in cricket if u drift on the pads that should be easy single or boundary,

6-hit shots are far too easy to play hence making the batting too easy, i slog sweep any sort of bowling into the stands with ease, most shots hit the fielders, so i think you need to make more shots pierce the infield for 2s and 3s, perhaps i might need to use different field settings, im using boss's field sets.

BOWLING:
The thing that i dont like in the bowling is, even balls that are directed at off stump, the CPU still moves across and glances, which makes it kinda tough to bowl decent line and length, because i gotta pitch the ball outside off stump so the CPU doesnt move across, ive got a couple of edges, but maybe the patch needs a few more, depending on pitch conditions of course, i havent tried spin bowling yet. Varying pace, l&l eventually gets you wickets though, just i find all mine come from mis-timed shots to cover or midwicket, or attempted slogs over the top to outfielders, need more varied dismissals (bowls, lbws, caught & bowls, slips/keeper catches), for different pitches, since i found all the dismissals are similar on all tracks and weather

But all in all i still like this patch a lot, as it offers the most realistic gameplay, most shots go where they are supposed to, and the L&L the cpu bowls is the most variable out of the patches ive tried, boundaries arent easy to come by, which should be a main feature of any patch, so good effort with the batting, the bowling needs a few tweaks as well, eagerly waiting for a test patch, since i play mostly tests in this game.

Hi tutsi,

Well Just one query for you. You(& other also) making two different patch for bowling and batting which can be change according to your playing status, but what patch you apply if two human player playing against each other i.e. no cpu. Human player v/s Human player. please give me feedback as soon as you see this post. Anyone knows can answer . THATS SOLVE

manojkumar_ms said:
Hi tutsi,

Well Just one query for you. You(& other also) making two different patch for bowling and batting which can be change according to your playing status, but what patch you apply if two human player playing against each other i.e. no cpu. Human player v/s Human player. please give me feedback as soon as you see this post. Anyone knows can answer . THATS SOLVE
I've often wondered this. I think generally batting patches work better. Batting in a bowling patch tends to make some shots really difficult, so unless you're a genius at the game, you don't need the help.

manojkumar_ms said:
Hi tutsi,

For HUMAN vs HUMAN.........use the BOWLING configs.

The batting config. was made to make the cpu bowl varied line n lengths, but since a HUMAN while bowling will bowl on different line and lengths, so no need for the BATTING configs.

Play with the BOWLING configs.

BTW, thnx for the comments on the patch guys, keep them comming.

tutsipoppy2 said:
For HUMAN vs HUMAN.........use the BOWLING configs.

The batting config. was made to make the cpu bowl varied line n lengths, but since a HUMAN while bowling will bowl on different line and lengths, so no need for the BATTING configs.

Play with the BOWLING configs.

BTW, thnx for the comments on the patch guys, keep them comming.

Hi Tutsi,

Well, Thanks for reply. I will follow what you said. Now something about your patch and roster pack.

I start with Roster pack. Your rosters are uptodate. No complain about that, but still in India, R. Powar is missing. I think, you forgot at the time of creating the team. Anyway no big issue, I will be adding him by player editor.

Now about your patch......
Well I started playing WOLRD CUP in West Indies. And my first match( I being India) was against W.I(West Indies). W.I won the toss and elected to bat on NORMAL Pitch. I selected to generate inning as patch I am using is BATTING patch, hence i used that option because first I want to test your batting patch and then bowling one. The target they gave me is 224(playing on HARD mode). I started with 3 runs in first over with openers(Sehwag and Sachin). In 2nd over Sachin hits two boundaries. The score was 10/0, but Sehwag got out early(given LBW while trying LEG glance). My score 13/1. Dhoni enters and started very carefuly. But Tendulkar is dealing with boundaries. Soon he reached to 24. But he got out same as Sehwag dismissal. My score was 46/2. Dravid enters, but Dhoni hit a 6 and 4 later . My final score is 64/2 in 11 overs, before saving and resume the play after, as I have to leave for sound sleep. Today I will conclude my inning. During play I noticed that Tendulkar is hitting straight drive and cover drive very easy, deceiving the feilders for boundaries, while Sehwag was struggling and same with Dravid. The ball fails to pass accross feilders. Dhoni is playing comfortably. Is your patch varies the score making of differnet playes. I mean to ask you the making runs depends on players? Aggressive players deals with boundaaries with ground shot and moderate players will depends on singles and doubles? THAT SOLVE

manojkumar_ms said:
Hi Tutsi,

Well, Thanks for reply. I will follow what you said. Now something about your patch and roster pack.

I start with Roster pack. Your rosters are uptodate. No complain about that, but still in India, R. Powar is missing. I think, you forgot at the time of creating the team. Anyway no big issue, I will be adding him by player editor.

Now about your patch......
Well I started playing WOLRD CUP in West Indies. And my first match( I being India) was against W.I(West Indies). W.I won the toss and elected to bat on NORMAL Pitch. I selected to generate inning as patch I am using is BATTING patch, hence i used that option because first I want to test your batting patch and then bowling one. The target they gave me is 224(playing on HARD mode). I started with 3 runs in first over with openers(Sehwag and Sachin). In 2nd over Sachin hits two boundaries. The score was 10/0, but Sehwag got out early(given LBW while trying LEG glance). My score 13/1. Dhoni enters and started very carefuly. But Tendulkar is dealing with boundaries. Soon he reached to 24. But he got out same as Sehwag dismissal. My score was 46/2. Dravid enters, but Dhoni hit a 6 and 4 later . My final score is 64/2 in 11 overs, before saving and resume the play after, as I have to leave for sound sleep. Today I will conclude my inning. During play I noticed that Tendulkar is hitting straight drive and cover drive very easy, deceiving the feilders for boundaries, while Sehwag was struggling and same with Dravid. The ball fails to pass accross feilders. Dhoni is playing comfortably. Is your patch varies the score making of differnet playes. I mean to ask you the making runs depends on players? Aggressive players deals with boundaaries with ground shot and moderate players will depends on singles and doubles? THAT SOLVE

DITTO buddy, First of all, thats for that partial detailed review, eagerly waiting for the concluding part.

Ya, the the main thrust of my patch, different batting /bowling abilities by different batsman. U'll see what i'm talking about when u play the game more with different teams, different situation, etc.

Let DHONI gain a lil confidence and then u'll see what he can do...:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread