Tutsi's A.I. Patch v6.0

manojkumar_ms said:
I mean to ask you the making runs depends on players? Aggressive players deals with boundaaries with ground shot and moderate players will depends on singles and doubles?
This how I think it should work

Aggressive
1. looks for opportunities to hit over the fielders
2. looks for conventional boundaries
3. looks for ones and twos
4. looks for quick risky singles

Moderate
1. looks for conventional boundaries
2. looks for ones and twos

Defensive

Slow scoring players don't get more singles, it's the opposite. They don't take opportunities to rotate the strike.

angryangy said:

Aggressive

Moderate

Defensive

Slow scoring players don't get more singles, it's the opposite. They don't take opportunities to rotate the strike.

I do agree with you. What I noticed in game was that in first 15 overs speed of score is too high. high means about 6-7/over. And my openers(Sehwag & Tendulkar) were batting with differnet strategy. I mean to say when Tendulkar hits a straight or cover drive or say any shot, it goes to boundaries if its find the way to pass the fielders. But in Sehwag case it doesnt happened. Everytime he plays the shot, it travels to fielder. Even Sehwag is too aggressive but he doesnt play like Tendulkar. Thats Solve

Hi Tutsi

I noticed one more thing that Tendulkar is playing more aggressive than Sehwag, even Sehwag tries the same shot what Tendulkar does, but the outcome is different. The later gets the boundary while Sehwags drive was fielded by fielder.Everytime he plays the shot, it travels to fielder. Even Sehwag is too aggressive but he doesnt play like Tendulkar. Does this means while tweaking the AI, Tendulkar value is tweaked too much or too low depending upon the aggression?.The second thing is after 15 overs scoring rate falls, it may be also due to fielders spread outside the circle. But the bowlers also bowl more yorkers than in first 15 overs.They also started bowling more wides. sometimes 2 wides consecutively. Their wides become more often after 15 overs. Even I do not score I can get 2-3 runs/overs of wides. Reason for me is unknown. I cannot score freely. Another thing is the speed the ball travels its travels the outfield very fast. But when we defend it it gets stuck to the ground(pitch). Does their value also tweaked and if can Tutsi explain me what was the thought behind it(just I want to know, maybe its not striking my mind). Third thing is fielders become very fast in field(Super fast). Its good. Well when I play furthur I can say I will notice many more things. THATS Solve

angryangy said:

Aggressive

Moderate

Defensive

good idea, but turst me buddy, dont u think i would have thought of it since i've been into a.i. patches from a long time.

the thing is that these complex things are IMPOSSIBLE to implement with the current A.I. framework.

just hope that the next of edition of cricket 20xx gives us more complex vales to work with.

manojkumar_ms said:
Hi Tutsi

I noticed one more thing that Tendulkar is playing more aggressive than Sehwag, even Sehwag tries the same shot what Tendulkar does, but the outcome is different. The later gets the boundary while Sehwags drive was fielded by fielder.Everytime he plays the shot, it travels to fielder. Even Sehwag is too aggressive but he doesnt play like Tendulkar. Does this means while tweaking the AI, Tendulkar value is tweaked too much or too low depending upon the aggression?.The second thing is after 15 overs scoring rate falls, it may be also due to fielders spread outside the circle. But the bowlers also bowl more yorkers than in first 15 overs.They also started bowling more wides. sometimes 2 wides consecutively. Their wides become more often after 15 overs. Even I do not score I can get 2-3 runs/overs of wides. Reason for me is unknown. I cannot score freely. Another thing is the speed the ball travels its travels the outfield very fast. But when we defend it it gets stuck to the ground(pitch). Does their value also tweaked and if can Tutsi explain me what was the thought behind it(just I want to know, maybe its not striking my mind). Third thing is fielders become very fast in field(Super fast). Its good. Well when I play furthur I can say I will notice many more things. THATS Solve

Well i'm still waiting for the concluding part of that match.

1. Well, the thing is that as u must have read in my comments above that implementing these complex things are very difficult in the current framework. Now i'll explain ur 1st problem witht he example of Sachin n Sehwag only. Not in front of Sachin, Sehwag is ntn. Sachin is far better than Sehwag, so when they both are on the crease, Sachin being better will be in his aggressive mode while Sehwag will be subordinate him. Noe lets say Sachin gets out and Dravid comes in. Now Sehwag being the better of the 2 will take the role of hitting while Drivid will play subordinate him. Did i make sense?

2. Well the bowlers are fresh in the starting so they bowl good line with very very few wides. Now as they bowl more overs they become tired and so tend to bowl more wides as their stamina falls.(Well cpu bowling yorkers is kindda bug which is not easy to fix and also cpu's lack of ability to change a tired bowler is another bug, so kindda helpless in fron of these.)

3. Fielders's speed have been reduced(although this an incomplete version) but some players who are very good fielders in real life have been given a lil bit faster speeds, more agility, etc than the rest.

Yea, play more, discover more, post more so that i know whats goin on in my patch. :D

tutsipoppy2 said:
good idea, but trust me buddy, dont u think i would have thought of it since i've been into a.i. patches from a long time.

the thing is that these complex things are IMPOSSIBLE to implement with the current A.I. framework.

just hope that the next of edition of cricket 20xx gives us more complex vales to work with.
I know, I've played and fiddled with these Cricket games enough to know. Maybe I'm just thinking wishfully, maybe I'm hopeful that someone working on a cricket game thinks it's worth it.

Personally, I felt it was a pretty good method of defining their framework. Maybe young players will use it! lol

Ok, here's what I reckon

Batting
I like being able to use the hip glance to clip down to fine leg. Realistic. In addition, I would suggest that the odd one could be caught by the keeper or leading edged to short midwicket.
The shot that I liked the least is the cut. I timed a couple nicely, but could never beat the field.
I assume that edges aren't a part of this beta, because I couldn't find them. I would expect the straight drives, square cut and backfoot cover drive to be more rewarding before they can create edges, however.

Bowling
Initially I was faced with a strong chase, the batsmen putting the ball up over the infield with ease. A few key field changes and that was stopped. Deep point and long on put an end to lofted drives while square leg somehow made pulling impossible.

Then came the spinners. Caught & bowled, caught at silly point, a top edged sweep and a late cut caught at slip, plus two run outs from sweeps to square leg. Sure, it was a dusty pitch, but the wickets seem to come all too quickly. Maybe it's because it was easy to play the spin when batting.

Overall: it was fun, but I'm more interested in how things will evolve.

the hip glance and ff leg glance are the only shots that yield consistent runs and its impossible to get out with, the rest of the shots ur either lucky to get in the gap, hit straight to fielders or mistime, have to hit over the top with everything but glances, to get consistent runs

barely any edges bowling with pace, and i agree with spin, some wickets get out really silly, i had 3 india top order batsman sweep the deliveries onto the stumps, also other silly mode of dismissal via spin is the late cut to the slip, and also a sweep to square leg that they misjudge a run and get runout

so i agree with the previous post

chrais said:
the hip glance and ff leg glance are the only shots that yield consistent runs and its impossible to get out with, the rest of the shots ur either lucky to get in the gap, hit straight to fielders or mistime, have to hit over the top with everything but glances, to get consistent runs

barely any edges bowling with pace, and i agree with spin, some wickets get out really silly, i had 3 india top order batsman sweep the deliveries onto the stumps, also other silly mode of dismissal via spin is the late cut to the slip, and also a sweep to square leg that they misjudge a run and get runout

so i agree with the previous post

thnx for the comment.

but i u look at real like cricket, u will notice that leg glance and hip glance are are best shots to steals runs off as compaired to other shots in which u have to hit them over the top when the fielders r in and play along the ground when fielders are out.

the problem regarding the sweep shot has been fixed, and also attention has been paid towards the edges issue.

yes you are right about the leg glances they are easy runs, and should be kept that way, but i dont think that balls should be so easily hip glanced past the keeper for 4 so much, maybe if you devise some custom fields, that would stop that problem,

becuase when a off spinner like muralitharan or harbhajan comes on that turns the ball quite a bit, im hip glancing every ball for 4 with no trouble at all, i dont think it should be that easy, but i do like that feature that balls on ur legs should be easy singles, but i find i get 6 or 7 fours through very fine leg region, like almost past the keeper. And well the otehr shots should at least go in the gap a bit more frequently for 1s and 2s, i mean in regular field restrictions, your not always scoring boundaries, your also finding the gaps for 1s and 2s, and that is never happening for me.

An example of what i mean is, when a pace bowler gives a half-volley on the stumps then the on or straight drive should punish it, but when i play it it goes straight to the mid-on or mid-off fielder

Last edited:
chrais said:
yes you are right about the leg glances they are easy runs, and should be kept that way, but i dont think that balls should be so easily hip glanced past the keeper for 4 so much, maybe if you devise some custom fields, that would stop that problem,

becuase when a off spinner like muralitharan or harbhajan comes on that turns the ball quite a bit, im hip glancing every ball for 4 with no trouble at all, i dont think it should be that easy, but i do like that feature that balls on ur legs should be easy singles, but i find i get 6 or 7 fours through very fine leg region, like almost past the keeper. And well the otehr shots should at least go in the gap a bit more frequently for 1s and 2s, i mean in regular field restrictions, your not always scoring boundaries, your also finding the gaps for 1s and 2s, and that is never happening for me.

An example of what i mean is, when a pace bowler gives a half-volley on the stumps then the on or straight drive should punish it, but when i play it it goes straight to the mid-on or mid-off fielder

i undersatnd what ur saying,

but u have to understand that my hands are also tied b'coz of the 6 yr old a.i. tech. used by HBS.

Its like almost in every case i can make one or the other thing, and not a mix of both.

The point u put regarding the on-drive goin to mid-on and not in the gap, well i have increased the direction area so that there can be some variety in the direction, but the game doest really works on that much. so either i can make it go to/near the fielder OR in the gap. NOT a mix of both.

I hope u understood what i said.

U'll see what i can do to bring about some change, coz i too want to increase the quality very much.

Well as i havnt really looked into field editing much, so its like one thing u can do is that mix and match fieldes of other a.i. patchers. that will give u good variety of fields.

Lemme know what u think abt what i said.

hey lets understand, im not here to keep knocking your work, its excellent the patch, and yes i can see the game ai and physics created by ea are just hopeless, without the patches the game belongs on the junk pile...

but this patch has potential, it is as symmetric to real cricket than any of the others, im sure that there r ways within the very limited boundaries of the game to improve the patch, maybe my suggestions have too much wishful thinking, im sure you can improve the bowling because ive seen patches like ai extreme that serve plenty of edges, and have realistic dismissals, so im sure there are ways to implement similar charateristics into your patch

is there going to be a test patch?

hey tutsi just trying your patch out now mate and was wondering what the following file actually does?

430834dfd47be8b1eaa97fa22706133a.big

i guessing it is for the strokes ie:edges and stuff is this correct?

Tutsi's A.I. Patch v5.0 FINAL is shaping up very well.

The release date isnt confirmed yet, but its gonna release very soon.

I'll keep u guys posted.

im not being rude but theres always one thing big patchers like Boss CD and u urself make a mistake theres never any edges its jut batsman smackin us bout but i always use the big patches for batting not so much for bowling so i hope u cud fix this as ur V4.0 was the patch i used all the time

Users who are viewing this thread