Tutsi's A.I. Patch v6.0

great work, but i find it very difficult to play a full ball on leg stump, if i defend it i get bowled, and if i 'flick it away to mid-wicket' i also get bowled.

Well done Tutsi, just finished playing several games in the one day form and found it easily the best and most realistic patch that i have used. You have also greatly reduced the frustrating side to the game which was prevalent in the original game as well as previous patches. I found both bowling and batting quite enjoyable with your patch.

kush said:
great work, but i find it very difficult to play a full ball on leg stump, if i defend it i get bowled, and if i 'flick it away to mid-wicket' i also get bowled.

Well....firstly....switch to NORMAL difficulty mode if ur on HARD.

Secondly, I dont think u can get bowled on a leg stump yorker unless u play the defensive shot very late. Try to play the FF defensive shot a bit early. U can also use the FF on-drive shot.

melucas said:
Looking good Tutsi keep up the good work :cheers

avk2love said:
great work ,top stuff..

Well any kindda review regarding the patch from u guys will be gr8.

"DOWNLOADING.....And Then NOT Posting Any Kindda Comment, Review, Suggestion Is A CRIME."

Whats the punishment!??!!?!? HA HA HA HA!!!!

Can't wait to try this patch tonite.

Been giving the game a miss recently, as I've not been enitrely satisfied with the playability. Some of the patches have helped a great deal though.

I hope that vV4.0 is my saviour.

Will post feedback when I've had a good go on it....!! Can't wait.

Thanks, Tutsi, you da man.

Safe.

TUTSI i think that u should give more importance to a sweep shot to play spinners becuase its very boring when playing spinners. Take my words as something new for your next patch but i liked your patch specially when facing a fast bowler.One more thing that you have slowed down the outfield speed so its difficult to get a four ,so plz work on that also.

THANKS,
SU[]\[][]\[]Y

tutsipoppy2 said:
Well....firstly....switch to NORMAL difficulty mode if ur on HARD.

Secondly, I dont think u can get bowled on a leg stump yorker unless u play the defensive shot very late. Try to play the FF defensive shot a bit early. U can also use the FF on-drive

thanx

first off great work on a wonderful patch. makes the game alot more playable for longer periods of time. there are only two glitches within the patch.

1. you really have a limited control over where the ball actually goes, it appears as though most of the time it will just randomly fly in any direction, even with near perfect timing.

2. it really is impossible to defend a half volley bowl on leg stump. doesn't matter what shot you play, you will get lbw or bowled.

keep up the good work.

Dan

dtrain said:
2. it really is impossible to defend a half volley bowl on leg stump. doesn't matter what shot you play, you will get lbw or bowled.

At least someone has the same thoughts as me!
:hpraise :clap

sunnykinger said:
TUTSI i think that u should give more importance to a sweep shot to play spinners becuase its very boring when playing spinners. Take my words as something new for your next patch but i liked your patch specially when facing a fast bowler.One more thing that you have slowed down the outfield speed so its difficult to get a four ,so plz work on that also.

THANKS,
SU[]\[][]\[]Y

Well if ur saying that u CANT play sweep against spinners then i think u need some help coz according to me, it is the easiest and a very scoring shot.

DO NOT play sweep on a ball pitched on the stumps, that will have more chance for LBW.

PLAY the sweep to a ball pitched just outside-outside off-stump. That will give u higher chance of connecting and almost no chance of LBW.

dtrain said:
first off great work on a wonderful patch. makes the game alot more playable for longer periods of time. there are only two glitches within the patch.

1. you really have a limited control over where the ball actually goes, it appears as though most of the time it will just randomly fly in any direction, even with near perfect timing.

keep up the good work.

Dan

1. i mean thats the whole idea.....Cricket 2005 does NOT gives u the option of guiding ur stroke. Its just based on the values entered by me. Either i can make a shot almost go in the same direction OR i can make the direction varied but where it goes within that frame is sumthing we can NOT control. Besides, varied random direction brings variety to a shot.

2. I think i have answered this in my earlier post. Try that.

Hi Tutsi

Great patch! I really like what you have done with the fielders speed and strength in combination with the slower outfield. I have by now run quite a few threes. I play on hard and I don't have a problem with either not being able to hit fours or playing balls on leg stump, so in my oppinion you don't have to look at that. I have a few other things that I would like to suggest/comment on.

I have found two problems since applying your patch. One is that randomly I get kicked out of the game. I has not happended to me before with any other patch. I doesn't happen very often but now I have to save much more to ensure my game in progress don't get messed up. The second problem is that sometimes when I flick a ball on leg side and it is almost a catch (fielder dives forward), the game just jump to the next ball without giving you an option to run or anything. I don't know if you can do anything, I just thought I should mention it.

Can you please look at making the groundshots pierce the innerfield more often, especially on the off-side. It is very annoying smashing the ball time and time again into the covers without it ever going through.

I don't know if you can do anything about it but the left hand fast bowlers keep on bowling on the leg stump and almost never bowls on middle or off to a right hand batsman, to a lefty it is fine. I have to keep on moving my batsman more to the legside to have options of hitting the ball.

Can you please see if you can do anything about a fine leg glance (front foot). With some of the other patches available you are able to get a fine leg glance every now and then which looks very realistic.

I find the advanced shots very difficult, I don't know if I am timing it wrong or not, but at the moment I don't even try it as it gets me out more often than not. With some of the other patches I was able to use it as part of my batting repertoir, so it would be nice if you can give me some advice on playing it, or make it easier in your next patch.

Can you please give the six hit shots a bit more power, especially in the 20 a side games, as it makes it very difficult in playing aggresive if you can't clear the boundary fielders every now and then.

Can you please make the off-side shots more affective (drives to cover and point/backward point and cut-shot) as they are the best shots for me in cricket and with your patch I find that I very seldom get the opportunity to use them. It is as if the bowling is much more on leg side. As I mentioned earlier, it is also very difficult to pierce the off-side field if the opportunity arrises.

So far I have mostly played 20 and 50 overs games, will next try the 5 day tests. Have a feeling your patch is best suited for them, will let you know.

Thanks for your hard work, hope you don't mind the long post.

I agree with other members that while using the patch the game sometimes crash and return to windows and it occurs only on your v4 patch. Other than that it is a very enjoyable and most realistic patch out. Love it now that there are actually edges addd to the game.

tutsipoppy2 said:
2. I think i have answered this in my earlier post. Try that.

no, what you suggest doesn't work. the only way i have been able to counter it is to face up on leg stump. if the ball is a half volley on leg stump it is impossible to play if i play from the default position.

This happens in almost evry patch, all you can do is come up the pitch and play a leg glance

Users who are viewing this thread