Tutsi's A.I. Patches

First time user

Hi,

Just bought the game a week ago. Many annoying bugs. So I have finished reading all replys for this topic. Sound like you do go work Tutsi. I have just installed V6 and appears to be working fine. One question.

Is the bowling cursor still meant to be displayed?

I am playing on easy level to try and get the hang of the controls. With no bowling cursor displayed, I have not been able to score more than 20 runs in a whole innings.

Thank you.

Hi i am now playing a test between w indies and australia in w indies with a normal pitch (bits of green) and overcast, humid weather. I decided to bowl first because of the atmosphere and take advantage of the bits of green early on. I was right because gayle edged the very first ball into the slip from mcgrath. Its now lunch and the w indies are 70/4. Is this working correctly as i have never had this many wickets before lunch however i have only mainly played on hard pitches (australia).

Re: First time user

Originally posted by hossy1969
Hi,

Just bought the game a week ago. Many annoying bugs. So I have finished reading all replys for this topic. Sound like you do go work Tutsi. I have just installed V6 and appears to be working fine. One question.

Is the bowling cursor still meant to be displayed?

I am playing on easy level to try and get the hang of the controls. With no bowling cursor displayed, I have not been able to score more than 20 runs in a whole innings.

Thank you.

It must be sams exe, you need to check his thread and get the "cursor" file, you run this before you start cricket2004 and it brings back the cursor.

Looking forward to v6.1 tutsi! Im still happy with 5.4, in v6.0 when you charge say spinners and play cover drives, is there variation on where the ball will go after it leaves the bat? I have noticed in 5.4 all my boundries seem to be going in roughly the same areas, especially the charging cover drives.

cheers

Having batted now using this patch tutsi it seems impossible to defend yorkers, it just goes underneath and hits the stumps. In fact its heart in my mouth everytime i try to defend a shot. This is annoying considering defending a ball in cricket should be second nature. Before installing this patch i defended every yorker.

well...in my patch u have be in a right position to play a particular shot thats y defending a yorker may sometimes be a little difficult.

here's sumthing u can do....

1. take a leg stump guard againt fast and med-fast bowlers.

by taking a leg stump guard u will be able to defend middle stump and leg stump yorkers.

2. for off stump yorkers play an advance staright drive shot.(taking leg stump guard ofcourse)

try it and it'll help.

Originally posted by Cricketer96
Having batted now using this patch tutsi it seems impossible to defend yorkers, it just goes underneath and hits the stumps. In fact its heart in my mouth everytime i try to defend a shot. This is annoying considering defending a ball in cricket should be second nature. Before installing this patch i defended every yorker.

Yeah this works altho i take a middle stump guard as when its pitched on the off stump you will normally miss the ball, they key is to wait untill the ball has nearly pitched, if its on your legs just advance and press right in mid flight.

i also found that i missed the ball gas when it was going off stump. I have noticed to move into the ball aswell. However its still a little tricky because you have to be careful it doesnt hit your pad when playing the shot because you get out for LBW. Iell try some stuff that you said tutsi. I like what you have done with the leg glance however its more realistic.

just use the advance forwar drive, thats what i meant when i said when the ball has nearly pitched. when facing the swing bowlers wait to see which way it is going, if it swings away from stump leave, or charge forward, if it swings to your legs just advance and right to flick it off your legs. same with the spinners

Yes this is a way to go as far as yorkers are concerned but I think we should also be able to defend it rather than dancing out of crease and then playing it.Apart from that this patch is excellent and batting is really enjoyable and challenging as well.

Originally posted by Hero
Yes this is a way to go as far as yorkers are concerned but I think we should also be able to defend it rather than dancing out of crease and then playing it.Apart from that this patch is excellent and batting is really enjoyable and challenging as well.

agreed :cool:

well thats the only we we can play yorkers because sam's exe hides the bowling cursor and by the time we see it we can't adjust our batsman.

hey tutsi how about making 2 versions of your patches...1 for odi's and 1 for batsmen....u can configure the strokes accordingly....try to make the six shots very difficult in tests whereas in odi's make it possible when the batsmen and fully set...what do u think??

It seems to me like some of the 6 hit shots have been made weaker in v6.0 from v5.4 anyway! I can just about manage a six off the batsmen's legs with andrew flintoff, though timing must be impeccible

I have some problems with this patch now. I feel ODI's are ok but test cricket needs to be tweaked i feel. Batting seems ok but it is now to easy to bowl the opposition out and they leave to many balls. It only took me till tea to bowl the west indies out but that would not be so bad if they had hit some balls. They got 123 runs and thats very poor on a normal pitch. I think its got something to do with the bounce.

Users who are viewing this thread