TV Series General Discussion

I will check out Modern Family.You must have seen seinfeld right?It is the funniest sitcom I ever saw.

No suprisingly I haven't. I really don't have time, so I stick to the sitcoms that are proclaimed awesome. e.g. Big Bang Theory, New Girl, 2 Broke Girls etc

Recently got in to Fresh Prince of Bel Air

Seinfeld is conceptually brilliant. Cynical humor works.

Seinfeld is conceptually brilliant. Cynical humor works.
Exactly.And besides it also has a higher IMDB rating if that means something.You could give it the 4 episode test.:)
One thing is certain :it is funnier than BBT ,HIMYM etc.I have also seen these shows.

Yeah, at least watch season 4, that was my favourite and had a tonne of great episodes. It is soooo much better than BBT it's not funny, 2 Broke Girls is pretty awful as well.

Frasier is another of the older comedies you will like, the humour is definitely not like shows today as well. One of my favourite comedies ever, I prefer it to Seinfeld as well.

Fresh Prince is a good one.

Yeah, at least watch season 4, that was my favourite and had a tonne of great episodes. It is soooo much better than BBT it's not funny, 2 Broke Girls is pretty awful as well.

Frasier is another of the older comedies you will like, the humour is definitely not like shows today as well. One of my favourite comedies ever, I prefer it to Seinfeld as well.

Fresh Prince is a good one.

I have watched Frasier as well:) All 11 seasons.I probably have too much time on my hands.And I agree,it was pretty fine stuff as well.

I will give SeinFeild a go, that is my weekend sorted.

Seinfeld is a bit of a slow starter. The characters are actually characters and not surface cliches you understand in 30 seconds like in most sitcoms, as you get to know them it gets better and better.

Seinfeld is a bit of a slow starter. The characters are actually characters and not surface cliches you understand in 30 seconds like in most sitcoms, as you get to know them it gets better and better.
I didn't think much of the pilot.But I was hooked up by the episode called "stakeout".The legendary I am an architect line(George) appears for the first time there.

Even if you don't like the first ten episodes, give season three a chance. It's outstanding.

Never really got into New Girl and 2 Broke Girls. Maybe I should give it one more chance but first I need to find some free time in my busy schedule.

I watched 2 Broke Girls and it was so predictable it was pathetic. And yeah, not very funny.

I watched 2 Broke Girls and it was so predictable it was pathetic. And yeah, not very funny.

2 broke girls is pretty terrible.

I have seen a few episodes of new girl and it's surprisingly good. Nothing groundbreaking or worth seeking out, but has quite a few funny moments despite the bog standard premise.

Users who are viewing this thread